RES University

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Meh story

Silver_Bullet

It all happened so fast I can't really recall the memories, but I'll try. First I guess I should introduce myself, my name is Annabell Smith. I'm 17, the year is 1874 and my town was destroyed by bandits. At first I thought my mother had burned some bread, so I got up and walked to the kitchen. But I wasn't smelling burnt bread I was smelling burning wood, I ran back to my room and grabbed clothes, blankets, pillows any thing I knew I would need really. I put on some shoes and busted through a door as fire erupted. I saw a horse with feed bags on it and mounted it. Gunshots sounded in the distance, tears welled up in my eyes as I rode out thinking about my mother either being dead or taken prisoner by the gang. Though while I didn't get a very good look at their faces they looked about my age. It happened late at night (yes my mother bakes bread at night) so I figured no one else got away but I had thought wrong. Riding through the desert was boring and lonely, but not to shortly after I had stopped thinking about the town I met some other kids from my town I knew them all and was very surprised to see they were getting along.

“Mary?” I cried out stopped behind the kids.

“Anna, is that you?”

“Yeah it is, you get out of the town ok?”

“I'm fine but Elizabeth got grazed by the fire.” I rode up to them and tied back my hair with a ribbon that was cut from my nightwear. Elizabeth (or Liz) stared steadfast ahead her long blonde curls covering her blistering, bleeding shoulder. I personally have always been jealous of Liz and Mary’s hair

Liz with her blonde curls, and Mary with her shoulder length deep red wavy hair. Me I have dark brown straight hair, that reaches mid back, but my mother always said vanity was the root of all evil. Though I have always thought people can't change being who they are, and no amount of religion or restricting can ever fully make a person stop being who they are.

--

Well it rains and it pours. When you're out on your own. If I crash on the couch. Can I sleep in my clothes? 'Cause I've spent the night dancing. I'm drunk, I suppose. If it looks like I'm laughing. I'm really just asking to leave

This is gospel for the fallen ones. Locked away in permanent slumber. Assembling their philosophies. From pieces of broken memories.

Say my name and his in the same breath. I dare you to say they taste the same. Let the leaves fall off in the summer. And let December glow in flames

December 4, 2013 at 7:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Silver_Bullet

But that aside we kept riding on in a thick silence that could have been cut with a knife. I noticed that the boys were all wearing identical night wear.

"Why do you boys look the same?" I asked breaking the silence

"We don't." Alexander said his voice cold

"Your right Alex yours is rather dirty, did you wash it in pig slop?"

"No you irritating little bug."

"Touche" I whipped the reins and my horse sped up, I sighed then noticed something in the distance. It looked like another group of kids but I couldn't be sure. I stopped my horse as Liz rode up next to me.

"What do you see?" She asked her voice colder than ice.

"Some kids, they look like travelers."

"I'll go check it out ." Liz said she rode up and started talking to them they all came back

"Their town was destroyed by bandits too." Liz said glancing off to the side

"It's about one o'clock we should set up camp." We mounted off our horses and laid out blankets and tarps to sleep on. I looked up at the sky, the stars shone bright. When I was little I used to think that the stars were for every good person on the planet. Now I don't believe that, it's childish and a lie.

--

Well it rains and it pours. When you're out on your own. If I crash on the couch. Can I sleep in my clothes? 'Cause I've spent the night dancing. I'm drunk, I suppose. If it looks like I'm laughing. I'm really just asking to leave

This is gospel for the fallen ones. Locked away in permanent slumber. Assembling their philosophies. From pieces of broken memories.

Say my name and his in the same breath. I dare you to say they taste the same. Let the leaves fall off in the summer. And let December glow in flames

December 5, 2013 at 6:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Silver_Bullet

I drifted off to sleep and when I woke up i could smell food cooking I turned and saw a girl with light brown curly hair tied into to two separate ponytails crouching tending to a fire.

"Who're you?" I askedgroggily.

"Jessie, you?" She askedback.

"Annabell Anna for short, so why you out here?" She stiffened when I asked this.

"Same as you bandits."

"How did you know?"

"Your friend Liz told me."Jessie got up and headed towards a boy about our age. She flicked his head and he awoke looking agitated. They yelled at each other then Jessie came stomping back muttering profanities under her breath.

--

December 7, 2013 at 1:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.