RES University

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Creature Roleplays > The Island Of King Seven: The Old Kingdom

Alex

You should have known it wasn't over.

It took a bit over a year for it to happen, but sure enough, you were back.

In that year, though, a lot of things happened. The Island sank, and the world seemed to forget about it for once. Even in the town with the Royal Sanctuary Labs company itself, things became... calm, almost. There were still the urban legends, still the people who researched all they could about this event, and still the Labs stood, but they never did anything.

It really did feel like, for once, all that horror, those years and years of horror, were over.

But of course not.

It was an ordinary enough day. You woke up, ready to face whatever came at you.

You couldn't, however, face the bottle that showed up right when you were about to go off into town.

Now, it had become a bit of local prank to put bottled letters in front of doors. But this bottle... it was different. You could feel something was wrong.

But still, you opened it.

The sound of waves was the first thing you noticed.

Except the Island is far from what it was before. It... looked like a tropical island. You stood on a peaceful, sandy beach, and there were no monsters or anything.

But there still remained that feeling of dread.

Even if you weren't around for it, you were reminded of what you heard about the first year the Island took people.

It had looked... exactly like this.

Right down to the bottled letter threatening to be washed away by the ocean waters.

This is it.

This is the Old Kingdom.

August 16, 2014 at 10:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Name: Skarner

Abilities: Can burrow into the ground, and surround himself in a crystal sheild for a certain amount of time.

Species: Brackern - Crystal Scorpion.

Looks: League of Legends - Skarner (However seeing the events of Island 6, something will be different)

Personality: Quiet. Depressed. Serious.

Other: .....I miss my kind.

August 16, 2014 at 10:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

name: Voltaire

looks: She has a single dimple on her left cheek and bright, eager red eyes. Her jet black hair falls to her ears, fading into a mix of orange, red, and dark yellow until it reaches her shoulders.

wears: She wears a navy blue sports jacket with cream sleeves, khaki shorts, and high-top converse.

personality: She's a aggressively friendly and will hug almost every person she sees. It's adorably terrifying.

powers: She can phase through anything and is a fire elemental.

other: None

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

August 16, 2014 at 10:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Woo it begins and ooh different oh snap

because my computer is still kinda wonky and I'm using all familiar characters I'm not gonna use any forms haha

so I guess I'll start.

"... Back. Here." Amethyst said slowly. It wasn't the snowy artificial rock it had been. It looked... like a beach. And, beyond the beach, a jungle. There was a touch of deja vu. And not a pleasant one.

Blue looked around, eyes wide and scared. "Oh, no... oh, no... oh, no." He didn't want to be here. This wasn't even the icy land it was before. Already, he was uncomfortably hot...

Decadent, meanwhile, seemed to be handling everything pretty well. "This is gonna s-s-suck." His hands twitched a little. They were empty. That was bad.

"Oh. My. FRICK!" Paula practically shrieked. But she wasn't scared. She was excited. The past few years of hers had been spent looking into the ominous yet fascinating project of The Island. And now she was here. Too good to be true... and that was a bottled letter nearby. A real bottled letter, from King! Oh, gosh... she scrambled over to it.

August 16, 2014 at 10:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

A shadowy figure watched the new arrivals from a distance, further down the beach. It chuckled slightly. This'd be interesting.

August 16, 2014 at 10:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"Ooookay..." Voltaire murmured quietly, making note of her surroundings. This was certainly no longer her large bedroom, nor did it seem anywhere near the decidious area of her home. "I know my parents said we were going to the beach this summer, but I did not expect travelling via... bottle.'' She looked around, scanning the perimeter. ''It's preeeetty here.''

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

August 16, 2014 at 10:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

The feeling of being watched. Blue frowned a little, but soon shook it off. this was the Island, you were always watched. He looked around, wary, but saw mostly familiar faces.

Paula walked around, grinning. Yes, she'd heard bits and pieces about these people from documents. Then, a new face. Not one she'd seen. A... a kid. Huh. How odd. "It is pretty here, yes." She agreed with a laugh. "Minus all the death and destruction it holds in its history!" She gripped the bottle tightly. Was she supposed to open it? She, just Paula? No, she'd decided to wait.

--

August 16, 2014 at 10:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

The shadowy figure decided they'd had enough of a break. The Island shouldn't be welcoming, after all. He grinned, vanishing into thin air, leaving a few shadowy particles behind.

There were very light tremors in the ground, you could barely feel them.

August 16, 2014 at 10:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"Death and destruction? Sounds like my kinda party," Voltaire joked, a strange, mad-sciency gleam in her eyes upon realization that this was indeed the island she was warned about. But she wanted to ask, for confirmation purposes. "So is this the... Actual island? The one with the labs?!"

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

August 16, 2014 at 10:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"A-Amethyst." Blue made his way over to one of the people he knew. It was the safest choice. "D'you have the feeling that something's... wrong?"

Amethyst just half-shrugged, gaze fixed on the jungle. "Not really. It's the Island, yeah, but..."

"Something feels wrong."

Paula nodded vigorously. "Yes. Yesyesyesyes. The one and only! The Island... of King! Freakish experiements, countless deaths, and a chunk of fake rock that sinks and rises unharmed every year. I've studied this stuff... oh, man, I can't believe I'm actually HERE!" The bottle in her hand cracked a little, she was holding it too tightly.

--

August 16, 2014 at 10:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

A familiar echo-y voice was heard around the group. 

"So you're back. Well done. The owner'll address you further. But I've prepared my OWN little welcome party for you all. I hope you'll enjoy it." The voice faded, chuckling could be heard before it was no longer audible.

The tremors were more noticable now, shaking the ground.

August 16, 2014 at 10:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"Omg holy fricking frick that's so cool! D-Do you think we could like, explore and stuff? I mean we're already here, and there's like, nobody stopping us, right?" Voltaire sputtered excitedly, her eyes burning almost as brightly as her flaming hair. Her voice was chock-full of squeaks and squeals. "Pleasepleaseplease?" She clenched the hem of her varsity jacket in tight fists, shaking with violent enthusiasm. 

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

August 16, 2014 at 10:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Decadent looked around, alarmed. H'd heard a voice. Had the others? Judging from their expressions, maybe. He sometimes heard things others didn't, though... his hands twitched again. He needed something to defend himself with.

"W-Who was that?" Blue squeaked.

Amethyst looked around, wary and a bit unsettled. She grabbed Blue, who had fallen over. "I don't know." The voice was familiar, though. Certainly familiar. Maybe from last year, or before that...

"Yes. I'm okay with exploring. And stuff. Yesyesyes. I'm down for it! This is the The Isla-" The sudden quaking cut her off. But Paula, once again, was more psyched than anything. "Oooh, something's gonna happen. A party? I'm pumped fo' this! Yeah!" She wobbled a bit, the bottle shattering in her hands. However, she was hardly phased, and kept the letter scrunched up in her grip.

--

August 16, 2014 at 11:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

The tremors were out of control, but suddenly, they stopped.

It was quiet.

Too quiet.

After a few seconds of silence, a metal beast burst out of the ground, letting out a robotic roar.

August 16, 2014 at 11:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"Party? I love parties!' Voltaire squealed, not even noticing that Paula had shattered the bottle. She then turned towards the metal claw, her eyes wide with sheer fascination. "Whoaaa."

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

August 16, 2014 at 11:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Both Amethyst and Blue jumped back a little, the latter squeaking in surprise.

"T-The hell...?" Amethyst murmured. More deja vu. Sparks formed in her hands. This was bad.

Decadent stumbled back, falling over. His hands were shaking. Oh, he'd give anything for a weapon right now. Or perhaps for his legs to not be so numb. Running would be nice.

"Whoa." Paula murmured, grinning. "What on Earth is THAT!?"

--

August 16, 2014 at 11:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"It's so COOL!" she shrieked, stepping back in awe. "Just look at its claws! Look at how shiny it is!"

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

August 16, 2014 at 11:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

The robotic Skarner let out a second, robotic roar, its stinger glowing from electricity and heat combined. It charged towards the group, showing no signs of slowing down.

August 16, 2014 at 11:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Amethyst, still half-dragging Blue, scrambled out of the way. "Well, whatever it is, it's far from friendly. Unsurprising, considering where we are..."

Blue just nodded, scared out of his wits.

"Think I read about someone or something else on the Island like this. Except not robotic." Paula noted, casual as usual. "But the robotnicness makes it cooler, eh?"

Decadent still couldn't move. This was it. He was gonna die, the first dead, because his stupid legs wouldn't-

A vine grabbed him by the neck and dragged him out of the way, into the jungle. He tried to scream, but couldn't breathe let alone do that.

--

August 16, 2014 at 11:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

Voltaire squealed delightfully in reply. Robots, spaceships, monsters, dragons...  She was all about things like that. She brought both hands to her face so quickly she nearly punched herself, breathing heavily into her tiny fists. "IT'S SO COOL!!!"

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

August 16, 2014 at 11:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.