Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Creature Roleplays > The Island Of King Seven: The Old Kingdom

cam6780

The voice gave no reply. It was gone.

--

September 5, 2014 at 3:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

After a moment of silence, Paula turned to the others, eyes wide and scared. "Who the hell is that?!"

"I... I don't know." Augustus replied shakily. "No relation to the Island."

"No relation?!" Paula practically shrieked. "How am I supposed to... I... all my studies... I-I don't know a thing about this... thing!"

"Neither do we." Decadent piped up.

--

September 5, 2014 at 7:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"I know. I've seen it myself. But you wouldn't want to listen to an insect, would you?" Skarner growled at Paula, stomping off down the beach by himself.

--

September 5, 2014 at 7:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"... What's his problem?" Paula muttered, watching him leave.

"You were pretty reckless out there." Blue pointed out. 

Reluctantly, Paula nodded. "Yeah, I suppose." She agreed quietly. "But... he knows about that... that thing. And I'm in the dark. I don't like being in the dark."

"We can figure out answers later." Augustus cut in. "Can we just rest for now?"

"... I guess."

--

September 5, 2014 at 7:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Skarner sat in the dark, on the sand. Why couldn't the people that came here actually be sensible, and respectful? It'd make survival much easier..... he sighed. He'd just need to deal with it. But for now, he'd need to distance himself in order to stop ripping off their heads.

--

September 5, 2014 at 7:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"You could use the rest, Paula." Hazel pointed out. "You're still shaking."

Paula nodded again, still not too happy about the situation. "I guess." She muttered, walking off.

And slowly, the last of the sunlight faded, and darkness covered the shore. Most retreated to their huts. Stars dotted the sky, and other than the leaves rustling from the tropical breeze, all was silent.

Except for the barely-audible movements of something dark, dark red. 

Blue was sitting by the fire. He was uncomfortably warm, but he didn't like being on this island in the dark. 

--

September 5, 2014 at 8:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Skarner lay awake in the dark, listening to the sounds of the ocean, and the jungle. He sighed. Such a peaceful place...at a glance.

--

September 5, 2014 at 8:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

The peace, however, ended as soon as the fire went out. 

Surprised, Blue crawled over to relight it. As he did so, however, a crimson blur flickered in the corner of his vision. Something sharp went against his neck. 

"B... B... Br..."

A raspy whisper, barely audible. Blue screamed, whirling around, and was face-to-face with a red monster. The creature moved its bladed arms towards him, a grin on its face. Ice began crawling up its legs, but it was still reaching, reaching, its arm stretched out... 

As Blue got further away, the monster let out a nightmarish screech. 

"... What the hell is going on?" Amethyst stepped outside, freezing when she saw the red monster, half-encased in ice. 

"I-I don't know."Blue stuttered. "But it's... it's freaking me out." 

The rustling in the jungle grew louder. The creature had attracted some attention.

--

September 5, 2014 at 8:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Skarner was over almost instantly in response to the screech, impaling the non-frozen area of the monster on his tail, and ripping it off, so it was split in two. He then thew the piece he'd ripped off into the ocean, roaring.

--

September 5, 2014 at 8:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"W-W-What's going on?" Decadent stuttered, stumbling outside. 

"Seems this night won't be so peaceful after all." Blue muttered.

Several other red monsters and scaled beasts were making their way towards the beach. 

"We're in trouble." Hazel noted quietly. "Lots of trouble."

Augustus, meanwhile, seemed to be putting up another confident facade. "Can't be too bad. We'll just kill them like we did everything else." 

--

September 5, 2014 at 9:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"And you." Skarner murmured, as he ran at the monsters with pure rage leading him. He hated these things. He hated the people he was stuck with. 

--

September 5, 2014 at 9:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Augustus, either not hearing or just ignoring Skarner, went straight to summoning vines that impaled anything that came near. 

Amethyst fought with fire, easily burning through several red monsters. They all screeched as they died, and it brought the fight to the attention of more jungle creatures. 

"They keep coming. What the hell do we do...?" Hazel wondered aloud, barely audible over the creatures' hellish screams. 

Paula opened her door ever-so-slightly, slamming it near-instantly when she saw the chaos outside. "Dammit... dammit, we're doomed. We're gonna die. Dammit, dammit, dammit..."

One of the red monsters saw the door move, and darted towards the hut, slicing a hole in it. Paula screamed, scrambling to the other side of the single room. 

Several creatures were alerted, and went on to attack the huts instead.

--

September 5, 2014 at 9:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"God damn idiot!" Skarner roared, charging at the creatures attacking the huts. Splitting them in half with his claws, impaling them with his stinger, and even..biting them, which he rarely did. "You've gotten their attention to the ONE form of shelter we have for now!"

--

September 5, 2014 at 9:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Well, we're screwed." Amethyst muttered. It was too risky going into the mob of creatures with just a sword, and too risky to fight with fire. The huts would be up in flames instantly.

Decadent stared, wide-eyed. "W-W-What do we do?"

Blue ran at the nearest scaled beast, shifting into the form of an ice monster, and beheading it with bladed arms. "Keep... fighting... I guess."

Hazel and Augustus were trying to drag the creatures away with vines, but it did little to help.

Paula was still curled up in the corner of her mostly-destroyed hut, trembling.

--

September 5, 2014 at 10:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Skarner burst through Paula's hut wall, many creatures impaled on his stinger, and some remains in his claws. He had blood all over him. He looked down at her, roaring as he turned around to fight more.

--

September 5, 2014 at 10:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Paula screamed, jumping back, straight into a scaled beast. She whirled around, arm instantly morphing into a gun, and killed it. Something changed. "... Oh." She murmured. Something changed in her head, and suddenly she was far less afraid. She ran, ran to the attacking creatures, and shot holes through quite a few of them. Some things she hit were wooden, like the huts, but that was okay. 

Something she shot was Blue. It had turned to her, recognized her, and it had looked... scared. 

But it had shattered like glass not even a second later, so it didn't matter, and she (rather maniacally) laughed it off.

--

September 5, 2014 at 10:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Skarner looked up from his pummeling of a scale beast to see Blue get shot and shatter, and Paula laughing it off.

This was it.

Someone who...didn't take this seriously? Annoying.

Someone who killed their own allies, and didn't even care? Punishment had to be served.

But both of these, combined.....was death.

He let out the loudest roar he'd ever roared, able to be heard by all over the fight.

--

September 5, 2014 at 10:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Quite a few of scaled beasts and red monsters fled. At least, the few surviving Paula's rampage did. 

Paula's burst of insanity faded as instantly as it had came. She looked around, eyes widening at the realization of what she'd done. Shards of ice were all over the ground around her. And Blue was nowhere to be seen. And the huts were all destroyed. "Oh, s***." She muttered.

--

September 5, 2014 at 10:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Skarner slammed the ground with both of his claws, causing the ground to shake beneath the camp. He roared again, charging at Paula with all his strength, blinded by rage. "Die!"

--

September 5, 2014 at 10:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Paula screamed, barely managing to scramble out of the way. "I-It... I didn't mean to..." She trailed off. Everything had been a blur, she didn't know what she'd meant and what she hadn't. But... she didn't want to die. Or kill someone else...

"What the hell's going on...?" Augustus murmured, seeing the fight from where the rest of the monsters were fleeing. 

"Maybe they'd dealing with the last of the monsters." Hazel piped up.

--

September 5, 2014 at 10:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.