RES University

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Creature Roleplays > The Island Of King Seven: The Old Kingdom

cam6780

Skarner turned to where she'd dodged, a claw slash going her way, followed by another claw.

--

September 5, 2014 at 10:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Paula managed to dodge the first attack, but the second sent her stumbling back, cursing under her breath in pain. "I... don't wanna fight..." She was armed, quite literally. One shot from her arm-cannons would at least stop him. Maybe. If she was lucky. The situation wasn't too great. 

"Looks like they're fighting." Decadent muttered grimly. 

--

September 5, 2014 at 10:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Skarner put up his crystal sheild, adding more pain to his attacks, and giving him more defense if she decided to hit him. He attempted a swift attack with his stinger, and then quickly tried to bash her with his claws. "You'll get EVERYONE killed, you useless, god...damn..."

--

September 5, 2014 at 10:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"He was in my way! I had no idea he was there! I didn't want to kill him!" Paula snapped, before being smashed into the remains of one of the huts. 

Begging for forgiveness wasn't helping. She'd have to try fighting back. But the chances weren't high. He had a freaking shield. Arm-cannon raised, she fired at Skarner. 

--

September 5, 2014 at 10:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Skarner flinched at the shot, some of the shield shattered where the shot had hit. This, however, made him angrier.

He let out the same roar from earlier, grabbing her with his claw and smashing her into the ground. he roared again, in her face this time, his sharp teeth centimetres from her face.

--

September 5, 2014 at 10:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Paula, broken and trembling, barely managed to raise her arm again. A third option popped into her head. 

Run away. Break loose and run away.

Paula fired again, hoping it was enough to free her. She could last a night or two in the jungle, easy. It was familiar. Not the tunnels. The Island she knew.

--

September 5, 2014 at 10:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Skarner flinched once more, but had her pinned again instantly. He grabbed her, raising her above him, his stinger pointed at her face. "Don't you EVER come back again." He roared, throwing her down the beach. "Run, and NEVER, EVER, let me see you again. Or I WILL. Kill you."

--

September 5, 2014 at 10:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Paula shakily got to her feet, nodding. Somehow, her legs still worked. She was bleeding, which was unusual. Most of her was machine. She wasn't supposed to be bleeding... "I..." Wait, despite its familiarity, it wasn't safe out there. ... No, it was her only choice. She was going to die otherwise. 

And so, she hobbled away, vanishing into the trees.

--

September 5, 2014 at 10:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Skarner growled. Suddenly, he turned, grabbing Augustus, holding him up like he did Paula. He looked him in the eyes, his stinger a few centimetres from his face. "And you. If you so much as scratch any of us, you die. I won't have ANY mercy for you. Understand?" 

--

September 5, 2014 at 10:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Augustus squeaked, wide-eyed, too scared to reply for several seconds. "I... I-I understand." He mumbled, trembling. So much for his confident facade. He was still a coward, after all. "I un-understand..."

--

September 5, 2014 at 10:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Skarner threw him to the floor, his shield collapsing to the floor. "Good. That goes for all of you. You DARE any sort of betrayal, you will be shown...no mercy." He grunted, stomping into the dark on the beach, alone.

--

September 5, 2014 at 10:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"... He's violent." Decadent stated flatly. "And Blue's dead."

"Is he?" Hazel looked around. "D-D'you think Paula killed him, and that's why Skarner's mad?"

Augustus nodded, getting to his feet. "Probably. Paula was never sane in the first place..." 

--

September 5, 2014 at 11:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"...Paula, Paula, Paula. Tsk tsk. You should never aggravate a Brackern. I thought you knew about everyone on this Island. Oh, wait. You don't know me. Or my...colleague." A voice echoed near Paula, in the middle of the jungle.

Skarner stomped past Sparky, not even saying hello.

He went further than his previous spot, lying down to sleep for the night.

--

September 5, 2014 at 11:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Paula looked around. The trees all looked the same, and she couldn't see the source of the voice. "Who... who the hell're you?" She called weakly. 

Mere moments later, the first signs of dawn were showing.

"... Awful night." Decadent muttered.

--

September 5, 2014 at 11:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"The one you don't know about. The one your Brackern knows about. In fact, he's the only one that's seen me. Too bad he won't be telling you now, hm?" The voice said, almost in a taunting way.

--

September 5, 2014 at 11:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Shut up!" Paula snapped. "You're just hiding from me 'cuz you're a coward." She hardly believed her own words. This... whatever-it-was was mocking her. "Too scared to reveal yourself to me."

--

September 5, 2014 at 11:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

The image of the haze...thing flashed in Paula and Hazel's faces, screeching.

"I'm pretty sure you're the one that's afraid, young Paula." The voice laughed.

Shadowy mist began to form in front of her.

--

September 5, 2014 at 11:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Paula screamed, falling to her knees. The vision again. And... mist? She scrambled backwards. "I... I'm not scared of you..." Nobody would believe a voice like that. 

Meanwhile, back at the shore, Hazel visibly flinched.

"Something wrong...?" Augustus asked.

"Nothing."

--

September 5, 2014 at 11:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

The figure of the voice formed amongst the shadowy mist. He was tall, and pitch black, like a silhouette. He had purple eyes. You could see his rather sharp teeth when he grinned. "Hello, Paula."

--

September 5, 2014 at 11:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"... Hi." Paula replied. It was barely a squeak. This... creature, what or whoever he was, was certainly not something in the files. It was something entirely differnt. "... You're not an Island creature, are you...?"

--

September 5, 2014 at 11:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.