RES University

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Creature Roleplays > The Island Of King Seven: The Old Kingdom

cam6780

"Tsunami?" Skarner echoed.

August 17, 2014 at 1:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Yeah. Drowning is bad, and yeah, a tsunami. As in a big wave. Probably one that could consume the Island!" Even as she explained it, Paula kept her typical grin. "So, whaddya say we walk? Or, uh, speedwalk?"

"Don't forget about us!" Hazel chirped, crawling out of the jungle, Decadent in tow (who just nodded). 

Paula turned, a hint of surprise in her eyes. "Huh. You're awfully viney. I think I read about you. Ex-scientist, Royal once, kind of insane, had a relationship of some sort with-"

"Yeah. Seems you have." Hazel cut her off. "There's certainly a tsunami coming. We should get moving."

--

August 17, 2014 at 1:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Yet another familiar face." Skarner nodded. "Let us move."

August 17, 2014 at 1:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Yes. Onwards!" Hazel began skittering along the sand, surprisingly fast. "It shouldn't be that long a walk. I know exactly where the tunnel is, in fact!"

Decadent followed, still trembling a bit. He already wanted to go home. And wanted to have some medicine. His head was hurting.

While Amethyst didn't exactly trust or feel comfortable around Hazel, something about this choice felt right, so she followed. Blue came soon after. 

--

August 17, 2014 at 1:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

''Wait, relationship with who?" Voltaire asked curiously, following them with a strange eagerness.

Meanwhle, a hooded figure watched from the woods.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

August 17, 2014 at 1:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Skarner stayed at the back of the group, his footsteps the loudest even despite being on sand.

August 17, 2014 at 1:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Beside the point." Hazel replied briskly, before Paula could say anything. 

There was a screech from in the jungle. 

"... That's not a good noise." Decadent said matter-of-factly.

--

August 17, 2014 at 1:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"Who was it Paulaaaaa?" Voltaire pouted, furrowing her eyebrows before turning to the noise. "Wait.. .What was that?"

The hooded figure followed them, too shy to speak a single word, too shy to even manage a whisper.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

August 17, 2014 at 1:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"A screech all too familiar." Skarner growled, watching the jungle.

August 17, 2014 at 1:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Well, his name was Augu-" Paula was abruptly cut off by Hazel.

"Probably a scaled beasts. Common things. They look like dinosaurs!" Hazel giggled a bit, sending an icy glare Paula's way.

"Yeah, common things that on occasion breathe fire." Paula added. 

"Y'know... you're kinda knowledgeable. I'm almost impressed, and very much surprised."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

Hazel ignored her remark, gaze switching to the jungle. "They'll be here soon, no stopping 'em. You newbies fare well in combat, right?"

--

August 17, 2014 at 1:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"Augu? That sounds like something a baby would say," Voltaire giggled before immediately cutting herself off. "Sorry! That was rude. Aaaand I guess I can kinda fight? I mean, I've never actually lost one, but I've only fought against dumb people at school and stuff.... They started stuff, okay!" 

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

August 17, 2014 at 1:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"His name isn't actually Augu. It's Augustus." Paula explained. "And I think we've all gotten into stupid fights at school."

Hazel just sighed, pretending not to hear her this time, gaze on the jungle.

"The scaled beasts are pretty simple." Blue piped up. "They, uh, bite and have claws, and breathe fire, and that's it."

--

August 17, 2014 at 1:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Skarner simply grunted, eyes on the jungle.

August 17, 2014 at 7:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Elsewhere, in the abandoned labs of the Island...

"You will get what you want. Soon. You need to be patient. Your time...will come." A voice spoke.

The only response were whispers, and an unnatural wind blowing.

"Don't worry." The voice responded, and quickly left.

August 22, 2014 at 10:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Well, hey, if you can fight at all, we'll need it. The scaled beasts are only one kinda danger here." Hazel, oddly enough, grinned. "Oh, the red monsters aredangerous, kinda. And the ice monsters. And the invisibl-" She was abruptly cut off by more screeching. 

The voices, this time, seemed almost... human. "OUT! GET... OUT!" 

"W-What's that?" Paula asked, voice shaking with excitement. 

Hazel shrugged. "We'll be seeing pretty soon."

--

August 22, 2014 at 10:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"They are...speaking." Skarner murmured.

August 22, 2014 at 10:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"That they are, that they are." Hazel nodded. "And now very well."

"OUT... GET OUT... OUT! OUT!"

"I was told the ice monsters spoke better English. So, it's probably not them. And it's not snowing." Paula muttered, mostly to herself. "Probably the monkeys."

Sand began to move, despite the lack of a breeze, as though invisible feet were stepping on them. Slowly, slowly, growing closer...

--

August 22, 2014 at 11:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"The sand. Look at it." Skarner growled.

August 22, 2014 at 11:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"That's... peculiar." Hazel stared at the sand, head tilted. "Very peculiar, indee-"

She froze mid-sentence, suddenly scrambling back with a squeak.

"... Something the matter?" Amethyst asked. 

Hazel nodded. "Something... touched me."

--

August 23, 2014 at 1:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Skarner instinctively put up his sheild. "We must not be able to see it. Or them."

August 23, 2014 at 1:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.