RES University

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Creature Roleplays > The Island Of King Seven: The Old Kingdom

Jade

Voltaire flinched as she closely examined her surroundings, startled by the sudden uproar of shifting sand. ''What's going on...?''

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

August 23, 2014 at 1:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Invisible opponents. This is..." Blue took a couple steps back from the jungle, visibly nervous "B-Bad."

Hazel laughed, though she was obviously not feeling too brave either. "There's an awful lot of footprints..."

"Then we just brace ourselves, right?" Paula piped up. "Can't be too different from regular enemies, just gotta predict where they a-" Her words cut off as she screamed, jumping a few feet back. Her arm glowed faintly, and she kicked at something that didn't appear to be there. Something grunted and flopped down onto the sand, muttering a quiet "out, out, out" seemingly to itself. 

More sands moved, the chanting of the rest of the creatures growing louder.

--

August 23, 2014 at 1:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Skarner heard a scuffle on the sand behind him, slamming his tail down and crushing whatever was there.

August 23, 2014 at 1:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

Wow okay I actually forgot what Voltaire's powers were brb gonna check

Voltaire surrounded herself in a circle of flame, realizing that leaving herself unprotected was really freaking dumb. She saw the footprints in the sand, then immediately blasted a helix of fire in their direction, engulfing what seemed to be nothing in a brilliant, scarlet flame. The cries of "Out" seemed to shriek at her as it flailed violently in an attempt to extinguish the flames.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

August 23, 2014 at 10:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Skarner continued to lash out with his claws regularly, hoping he'd hit something.

August 23, 2014 at 9:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hurry Calls

One line.

FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY'S HOLY SHIAAAT

--

August 30, 2014 at 7:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Hi, Hurry.

Yeah, that's kind of not related at all (also, does your signature really have to be that long..?). Didn't you quit Island, like, months ago...? e_e Or are you here to rejoin?

Blue managed to fire a bolt of ice at something shuffling along the sand. A cut-off screech told him that he'd hit. "How many of them are there...?"

"No way to tell. Just keep killing things until there are none left to kill." Amethyst replied briskly, a burst of flame consuming several of the invisible creatures. 

Paula laughed, heard over the creatures' screeching, kicking and punching at anything that came near. "Whoa, this is fuuuun!"

--

August 30, 2014 at 8:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Skarner grunted. Maybe this girl's insanity would save her. He burrowed under the ground, re-appearing in random areas, repeating the method, hoping for hits.

August 30, 2014 at 8:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Soon, there were no monsters left.

"Okaaay, uh, we still probably have a cavey area to find." Paula dusted herself off and began to stroll along. 

Everyone else followed.

"That wasn't too bad." Decadent muttered, tottering along. 

--

August 30, 2014 at 8:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"It will get worse." Skarner growled, following the group along the sand.

August 30, 2014 at 8:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Maybe." Decadent replied quietly. "But maybe not. Maybe it'll get better?"

"It seems like it will!" Paula chirped, giggling to herself. "Much, much better...I'm so psy-" She abruptly cut off, squeaking in surprise, and vanished from sight. 

"... What the heck?" Blue murmured, running over to where she'd vanished, but stopping and backing up as the sand beneath him began to move. A huge hole was forming. 

"I'm fine, if anyone's wondering." Paula called, getting to her feet. "It's all wet and dark down here, though. My shoes are soaked."

--

August 30, 2014 at 8:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Is there anything else down there?" Skarner called.

August 30, 2014 at 8:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Uh, I think this is the cave we were supposed to find. There's a tunnel... but I can't see where it ends." Paula replied.

"Then this is the place." Amethyst concluded, rather casually heading to the hole and hopping down into it. "Knowing the island, the top'll probably seal up or something."

"Wow, I found this?" Paula grinned. "Sweet... I wonder where the tunnels lead!" 

"I guess we'll find out." Blue muttered.

--

August 30, 2014 at 8:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Will I fit?" Skarner asked. 

August 30, 2014 at 8:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Prbably." Paula replied. "The hole's just getting bigger." 

Blue was still backing away, the sand at his feet, sure enough, giving way to make the tunnel entrance larger. He lost his footing and fell in with a cry of surprise.

--

August 30, 2014 at 9:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Skarner jumped in, landing with a thud.

August 30, 2014 at 9:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Decadent quietly followed, hopping down into the darkness.

"Okayyy, let's see where this tunnel leads." Paula ckapped her hands together, turned, and sprinted off into the darkness. 

"Probably nowhere good." Amethyst muttered, following.

Already, light was fading from above, too, as the sand moved back to normal, as though nothihng has ever happened.

--

August 30, 2014 at 9:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"It's the tunnels!" Voltaire squealed, having to run to catch up with everyone else. She barely made it in time before the entrance was sealed. ''These are where the labs are, right?''

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

August 30, 2014 at 9:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Could be." Amethyst replied. "If these tunnels are linked to the rest."

Paula, while having slown down a bit, was stll quite ahead of the group. "They could be, right? It's rational, isn't it?"

--

August 30, 2014 at 9:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"Can we go there? Pleeease?" Voltaire persisted, vibrating violently with excitement. 

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

August 30, 2014 at 9:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.