RES University

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Creature Roleplays > The Island Of King Seven: The Old Kingdom

cam6780

"Forgive me." Grace walked up to Augustus calmly, and then punched him across the face.

--

November 15, 2014 at 10:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Augustus cried out in surprise, stumbling into a tree. His visible eye was watery, tears already streaming down his face. Strangely enough, he began... to laugh. It was an obviously hysterical sound, and he fell down, slumped against the bark. "That... you shouldn't have... done... that..."

--

November 15, 2014 at 11:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Craixen got the blunt end of her axe, hitting Augustus into the air with it, kicking him and then slamming him into the floor. "Creeeeepppyyyy."

--

November 15, 2014 at 11:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Augustus screamed, and the vines around the group began to shift. There was movement nearby. Even now, he could conotrol the fauna... He stood, incoherently murmuring to himelf, and vines began to crawl onto the path. Big, thorned ones. 

Amethyst grabbed him by the arm, and the vines dropped where they were. "Get a freaking hold of yourself, Augustus." 

"I caaaaan't..." Augustus's voice had risen to practically a wail, his free hand going to the new injury caused by Craixen. 

--

November 15, 2014 at 11:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"I think we should..." Grace stopped.

"Kill him?" Craixen asked. It went silent, especially since she was the insane one.

--

November 15, 2014 at 11:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"I don't think that will be possible."  King piped up. "If all my theories are correct, he's the Obstacle."

"Obstacle." Amethyst repeated, still glaring at Augustus, who was back to the incoheret noises. "Does that mean... he can't die?"

"I doubt Paula's figured out immortality, but if we kill him, one of us will likely be chosen to replace him, and take on his fate of madness." King explained. "And we don't want that, do we?"

--

November 15, 2014 at 11:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"True." Grace sighed.

"Hmmm. I miss her. In the cold place. With the glass. She entertained me. Then I came up here. And I could never find her. Again. " Craixen sighed to herself.

--

November 15, 2014 at 11:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Dying wouldn't be so bad." Augustus mumured to himself, squirming free of Amethyst's grip. "But... l-let's find Paula. I think I know where she is..." He wandered off.

Red frowned. "Should we... follow him?"

--

November 16, 2014 at 12:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Dunno." Grae murmured.

"She was interesting. She talked about things. And I listened." Craixen continued.

--

November 16, 2014 at 12:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"What're you... talking about?" Red asked Craixen, confused. It was probably a bad idea to ask the crazy one what they were talking about, but... he didn't like the other conversation going on.

"Considering he's insane, let's head in the opposite direction." Amethyst concluded. After grabbing Augustus again, despite his protests, she walked down the other trail. 

--

November 16, 2014 at 12:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Grace followed them without a word.

"She knew my name before I told her. She mentioned other names. What are your names? She mentioned a Red. Amethyst, Grace, and a Kingswell. She knew a lot about them. She was in...she called the place she was in a laboratory..lab...la....it was cold and dark."

--

November 16, 2014 at 1:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"But she never said her own name?" Red asked, confused. "That's weird."

Augustus occasionally went on a tangent about something barely audible, and Amethyst just told him to shut up.

Otherwise, all was almost peaceful.

--

November 16, 2014 at 1:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Cr...ai...xen...I think. But that's my name. Cr...aixen...the..M...angle? I don't know. It's funny!" Craixen giggled.

--

November 16, 2014 at 1:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Cool." Red murmured. "She sounds nice." 

"I hear noises..." Augustus said suddenly. "There're things coming. Bad, bad, badbadbad things..." 

--

November 16, 2014 at 1:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Oh, good." Grace sighed.

--

November 16, 2014 at 1:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

And sure enough, something appeared.

It was a scaled beast, but bigger than any before. Its usual white scales were dappled with unusual red and scarlet markings, almost like... blood. And then there were actual wounds, where the creature actually bled. Its red eyes were slits, and when it breathed, black smoke came out of its mouth, and the rows and rows of teeth still gleamed white through it. 

"... It's too far away to hear us." Augustus whispered. "For now. But when it does hear us... oh, boy. It'll hear us."

--

November 16, 2014 at 1:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Grace remained silent, while Craixen gasped at the size of the creature. 

"Coooooool." Craixen giggled.

--

November 16, 2014 at 7:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Silence!" Augustus whispered, barely heard as the creature shifted, twigs and branches beneath it snapped, and bushes and leaves rustled. "It may have heard you... its eyes aren't good. But it can hear."

The beast stared directly at the group, with black pits that could barely be considered eyes. Its head was tilted, and it looked almost confused. Smoke came from every wound in its body.

"Do. Not. Move. Or. Speak." Augustus murmured, still grinning. He was still as a statue.

--

November 16, 2014 at 6:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Grace was still. She was good at that.

Craixen wasn't, struggling to do so. Boriiiiiing.

--

November 16, 2014 at 6:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

The scaled beast took  very slow step towards the group.

Red, who was trembling with stress, let out a tiny, scared squeak. The creature stiffened.

"We're dooooomed." Augustus murmured, laughing.

And then, the entire creature caught fire, flames blazing from its wounds, and it charged.

"Oh, this is bad!" Red shrieked, scrambling away. But the jungle foliage had come to life, grasping at the group and trying to hold them hostage so they could meet flaming demise.

--

November 17, 2014 at 6:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.