RES University

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Creature Roleplays > The Island Of King Seven: The Old Kingdom

Alex

And sure enough, they soon came to the volcano. It was about as messy and distorted as everything else. In some spots, lava flowed freely, but in others, patches of snow and ice were seen. The volcano also had smoke coming out of its top.

"This makes no scientific sense." King muttered. "I don't like it. And... there's no entrance. What has she done to my island...?"

Augustus was wandering around, hand on the volcano at all times. He seemed indifferent and he briskly skimmed over lava, which burned his hand. "Here somewhere."

--

November 21, 2014 at 10:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

All that could be heard from Crangle, was radio static.

Craixen looked at the lava in awe. "Pretty."

--

November 21, 2014 at 11:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

And then, suddenly, the ground began to shake. 

Augustus pulled a bottled letter out from a hole in the volcano's rocky exterior, holding it in his bloody, burned, hand. "I found it! I found it!"

The volcano began to split open, a horrible noise of earth grinding against earth the only thing heard as every other sound was too quiet to compete. Icicles and lava rolled down its sides.

--

November 21, 2014 at 11:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Craixen cringed at the loud noise.

Oddly, Crangle did the same. Their cringe would have been identical if they looked the same.

--

November 21, 2014 at 11:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

The volcano entrance was like a black-hole, all dark, not a detail to be seen.

"This may be it." King murmured, his voice with a hint of... was that fear? "Paula likely awaits us through this tunnel. I wish to thank you all in letting me regain power. And from there, I may just choose who shall rule. And even spare the rest." He grinned, and no one could tell if it were a joke or not. 

"Let's just get it over with." Amethyst muttered.

And so, they advanced into the darkness.

--

November 21, 2014 at 11:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Craixen and Crangle's eyes glowed in the dark. Small, white irises.

--

November 21, 2014 at 11:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

For a moment, there was silence.

And then, there was a whoosh as flames ignited on the sides of walls. But they weren't torches, this time. They just... floated there. 

"She's changed everything." King muttered.

And at the end of the tunnel, everything was darkness again, with only the tiniest blue light...

--

November 21, 2014 at 11:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Crangle said nothing. She climbed onto the ceiling.

Craixen just giggled.

--

November 21, 2014 at 11:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

As the group advanced, a familiar silhouette could be made out. Yes, it was Paula, but... why wasn't she moving?

More flames lit, and Paula could be fully seen. 

She looked... dead. Vines stuck out of her shoulder, chest, and arms, and her eyes were dull, staring at something no one else could see.

"What the hell?" Amethyst murmured. 

"This can't be right." King said quietly.

--

November 21, 2014 at 11:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Again, Crangle said nothing, watching from the ceiling.

Craixen stopped giggling, tilting her head.

--

November 22, 2014 at 12:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

And then, she came to life.

Paula rose her head, grinning, her dull eyes still staring, unfocused, at nothing. "Hi. What brings you here?"

There was stunned silence before King replied. "I want my Island back."

"Sorry, cant do that, come back when you're all dead." Paula laughed, blood coming out of her mouth as she twitched a little. "I hope you don't really want this back, haha. I kinda like it now!" 

--

November 22, 2014 at 12:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Crangle and Craixen were silent, aside from the static.

--

November 22, 2014 at 12:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"... Why aren't you dead?" Augustus asked. He twitched a little, his grin fading. 

Paula shrugged, and a vine came loose from her shoulder. "Try to be quiet." She warned. "The island's... alive... and angry!" She laughed again, more blood streaming from her mouth. 

--

November 22, 2014 at 12:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Crangle began to climb the ceiling in the larger room.

Craixen watched.

--

November 22, 2014 at 1:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Paula didn't notice Crangle crawling away, her eyes still staring at nothing. She strained to move, shaking with effort, the vines breaking free with sparks as the cyborg stood straight. "We're all dead, here. Me, too. King, too. All of us. Haha. The Island's out of my control...."

"You're the only one who can control it!" King snapped. His emotionlessness had one again given way, this time to anger. "Give it back!"

"I caaaaaan't!" Paula laughed hysterically. "Oh, blood... I'm... it's coming outta my mouth. Whoops."

--

November 22, 2014 at 1:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Crangle watched, only her eyes visible now.

The same with Craixen, but she was lit up by the light of the flames.

--

November 22, 2014 at 1:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"I mean, I do have control, but I can't hand it over. You'd have to kill me!" Paula laughed. "And you can't do that."

Augustus stared at her, twitching a little. "Oh, really?" His grin had turned into a full-on scowl. "We're going to kill you, Paula. We're going to end your life and get out of here, once and for all, and you can't even dream of stopping us."

Vines erupted from the volcano floor, all pointed at Paula, with sharp, venemous thorns. And they shot at her, but before anything could make an impact, a blinding light took away everyone's sight. 

--

November 22, 2014 at 1:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Craixen giggled. "Surprise party!"

Crangle had no reaction, like she knew this'd happen. She just watched.

--

November 22, 2014 at 1:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

When the light had cleared, everyone was... in the middle of the jungle.

Well, everyone except King and Paula. 

"The hell is this?" Amethyst murmured.

Augustus slumped against a tree, seemingly in shock. "O-Oh, my god... my head... what happened...?" 

There was something that was, to say the least, off about the jungle. Dead monsters were strewn about, trees had fallen over, and bottled letters littered the ground. There wwere patches of water, lava, and snow, dotted about. 

The island truly had gone mad.

--

November 22, 2014 at 1:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Crangle hung from a still standing tree. "Y-ou we-nt ou-t of y-our mi-nd. You ki-ll-ed Ha-zel."

Craixen giggled. "Ooh, pretty!"

--

November 22, 2014 at 1:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.