RES University

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Creature Roleplays > The Island Of King Seven: The Old Kingdom

Alex

"It's scary, though." Red muttered. 

There was the shriek of a scaled beast, but it was far away.

"So, not all the island creatures are dead." Augustus noted. He picked up the pace, hoping the others would follow. "This way, this way, ought to find King and Paula and get home and avenge Hazel and and and..." He trailed off, speedwalking towards the source of the noise.

--

November 22, 2014 at 4:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Crangle tried to keep to the trees, but had to shamble on the floor due to the lack of them.

Craixen skipped along, humming.

--

November 22, 2014 at 4:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

A bottled letter appeared.

"I don't see why you're going after King. He's... not in good shape, haha. I made sure of that. I think you'll like what I did to the scaled beasts. He did."

Augustus threw the bottle aside. "We... gotta go." He was full-on sprinting, and then they reached a clearing.

A particularly large streak of lava had torn the clearing in half. On one side was King, visibly wounded on the arm, likely struggling to remain on his feet. On the other, a scaled beast, if it could even be called that. It had eyes where there should not have been eyes, arms where they should not have been arms, and rows and rows of black teeth.

"... That's scary." Red squeaked.

--

November 22, 2014 at 4:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Crangle's only sound was radio static, climbing a tree nearby to watch. She'd never completely interfered with a fight...like something could change if she did.

Craixen giggled. "Hai!"

--

November 22, 2014 at 4:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

King turned to the group. "W-What are you doing here? This thing is... dangerous..." He bumped into the trunk of a tree, and its branches reached down, about to grab him. He scrambled out of the way. "I-It's a disgrace... such a disgrace... my kingdom is ruined..."

Augustus, suddenly surpisingly nimble, lunged at the creature, vines sprouting from the ground and wrapping around it, gouging at its many eyes. He laughed as he did it. Even now, something was... wrong with him. 

--

November 22, 2014 at 4:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Crangle watched with interest.

Craixen giggled, playing with fire in her hands.

--

November 22, 2014 at 4:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

As soon as the creature was dead, Augustus hopped off of it, and glanced around. "Okay. Where's P-Paula? Gotta... avenge..."

"I believe that's the least of our problems." King murmured, his gaze not meeting anyone's. "At least, the least of mine. But my wellbeing and yours are linked... so, we may be in some trouble."

"Just get to the point." Amethyst muttered.

"Those black fangs hold a lot of venom. A fatal amount. And I just about got my arm ripped off by one." 

--

November 22, 2014 at 4:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"W-i-ll an-y so-rt of antidote fr-om he-rbs prevent? O-r ha-s the po-ison spr-ead too mu-ch al-ready?" Crangle asked, creeply climbing down the tree, in a spiral. "Th-en again, mo-st herb-s are de-stroy-ed."

--

November 22, 2014 at 4:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"There isn't an antidote." King replied. Strangely enough, he laughed. "I was... so. Damn. Close. To getting my island back, and now this. I'm dying, and there's no way around it. I'll never have my kingdom back, and even if we defeat Paula in time, I'll be dead by the end of it. It only takes... a few hours."

"What are we going to do?" Augustus asked, tone unreadable.

King began to walk, holding his bad arm with his good one. "I'm already numb all over. Might as well get the walking over with. Before it starts to feel like my blood's been replaced with various acids and lit on fire." He laughed again. 

--

November 22, 2014 at 4:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

The area flashed black for a second, but stopped.

"H-ow unf-ortu-nate." Crangle murmured.

--

November 22, 2014 at 5:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"W-What just happened?" Red asked shakily.

King shrugged, wincing. "G-Gah. Don't know, don't care. We have to... g-get to the... get to Paula... and kill her."

"I think she's at the beach." Augustus said suddenly.

--

November 22, 2014 at 5:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Beach!" Craixen giggled.

--

November 22, 2014 at 5:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

And so, the group struggled to make their way to the beach. It didn't take long, actually, and when they got there, everything was... different.

The ocean just didn't make sense anymore. Some of it was water, some of it lava, all whirling and splashing about in colossal waves that vanished before they could touch the sands. Beached spider-sharks were scattered along the shore. 

"I feel like we're being watched." Red said quietly. 

And then, Paula hobbled over. She looked like a renimated corpse, and only a few of her vines were still attached to her, the rest had torn off to reveal the nasty wounds they'd caused. Her eyes still had that glazed, dead look in them, and one of them appeared to have shattered (turns out they were mechanical, after all), but she was grinning from ear to ear, murmuring and laughing to herself. "So, you want to end this here and now, do you?"

"You're a monster, and you ruined my kingdom." King spoke, words dripping with rage and iciness one could never expect him to be capable of. 

--

November 22, 2014 at 5:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Crangle, once again, watched from a tree.

Craixen giggled, waving. "Hai."

--

November 22, 2014 at 5:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Paula's unfocused gaze swept across the group. "There're very few of you. And really, I think I'm the least of the threats. There're all the... darker ones. If you catch my drift. And they don't mess around, I've met 'em."

"Don't play stupid, Paula!" King snapped. "When you die, this island goes down, taking anyone who doesn't get off with it. I'm sure even you know that."

"I'm not going to die easily." It came off as almost a warning.

--

November 22, 2014 at 7:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Craixen had no idea what was going on, obviously. 

Crangle had...vanished?

--

November 22, 2014 at 7:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"We'll kill you anyway." Red replied, bladed arms ready. "J-Just summon your army of monsters and get it over with..."

The monsters rose out of the ocean. They were all twice the size of regular creatures, and there were scaled beasts, red monsters, spider-sharks, and strange, new abominations. Some parts of their skin had become molten lava or solid ice. They had too many eyes or arms. There were no shrieks, just quiet murmurs.

Paula glanced at the monsters, her head lolling a bit. "Huh. They look different than I remember."

--

November 22, 2014 at 7:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Ooh, who are they?" Craixen asked.

--

November 22, 2014 at 7:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"I... don't know. Huh. Funny." Paula laughed a little, twitching. There was a snapping sound from her neck, but if she noticed, she made no sign of it. "I think they wanna kill you, now."

"D-Dammit... let's just get this over with." King muttered. "I'm not letting myself die until I know my island is safe."

The creatures waded out of the patchwork ocean, murmuring louder, claws and fangs out, too many eyes focused on the group. 

And then, without warning, Paula vanished.

And the creatures lunged.

--

November 22, 2014 at 7:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

The area flashed black multiple times.

The familiar, echo-y voice of the Dark Master was heard yet again...

"I suppose I've bothered you too much. I guess I'll assist you now. I always hated Paula." 

Suddenly, as a creature was about to bite Amethyst, a shadow came out of the ground, slicing its neck and bashing it into the floor. It turned around. It was...Crack?

Others emerged from the ground, such as Ace, Skarner, Anivia, Phoenix...

"Ooooh!" Craixen giggled, clapping her hands together.

--

November 22, 2014 at 7:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.