RES University

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Creature Roleplays > The Island Of King Seven: The Old Kingdom

Alex

"W-Wait, what?" Amethyst stumbled back, surprised. Crack...? He was alive? "H-How...?" No. This wasn't the time to wonder about things. It was good news, that suddenly so many were... alive. Calling it a miracle would be an understatement.

And besides, they had monsters to kill. 

"This is good." Paula remarked, looking around. "Not for me, though." She watched as her monsters were stuck down, and hobbled along the beach, as far as she could get on her broken legs.

It didn't take long for King to catch up. But he was getting slower, too...

As the fight raged on, the scientist pursued the cyborg.

--

November 22, 2014 at 7:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Crangle watched the two pursue each other, from a different tree.

Skarner roared, bashing a monster into the floor.

Grace had also appeared, staying at the back in case anyone was hurt, being guarded by a medium-size Cho'Gath.

Phoenix and Anivia used their signature fire/ice combos to burn, freeze and smash monsters.

--

November 22, 2014 at 8:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

The fight was, in a word, chaotic. Monsters were shrieking, breathing fire, and dropping dead left and right. But since the sudden additions, it'd gotten easier. 

"H-How're there so many suddenly back from the dead?!" Red shouted over a particularly loud scaled beast, dodging a stream of Amethyst's fire.

Augustus smashed a red monster into the sand, impaling another with vines. "Don't know, don't care. They're helping. Just keep killing. Got to avenge. Hazel..." He stabbed the deceased monster over and over again. "Avenge... avenge..."

Finally, Paula couldn't run anymore. Her legs seemed to stop working, and she fell onto the sand. "D-Dammit. Ow."

"I think I'm... g-going..." King couldn't finish his sentence. Talking was painful, breathing even moreso. The fact he'd kept up with Paula all this time was unbelievable, even to him. 

"Your precious kingdom's beyond repair, buddy." Paula taunted. Even quite literally falling apart, she wasn't going to give up. "And so are you."

"I intend... t'take... y'wid..." No time for talking. It took too much energy. He shakily picked up a rock from the ground. It was barely possible for him to hold it up with one hand, but his other wasn't going to do anything any time soon. 

--

November 22, 2014 at 8:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Crangle watched the conflict between the two with interest, her eyes white irises once again. Her head was also tilted.

"DIDJA MISS ME?!" Mr. Foster shouted, cutting off a creature's neck with his sword. He laughed, happy to be alive and back in the action.

Leafy stayed at the back with Grace, and Olive.

Craixen was killing creatures with her axe, giggling while doing so.

Crack grabbed a creature by the neck, smashing it into the ground, roaring.

The Dark Master himself appeared, shadow spikes smashing through the skulls of a few creatures, and shadow orbs going through whatever was unfortunate enough to get in their way.

--

November 22, 2014 at 8:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Creatures were dying left and right, the numbers rapidly dwindling, shrieking as they fell. It was clear which side was winning. 

Augustus was laughing, throwing creatures at each other, impaling them, overall bringing destruction whever he went. Red kept having to avoid the deadly vines. 

Amethyst, naturally, was using fire to incinerate anything close enough.

King wouldn't be able to hold the rock up for very long. "You're a... machiiiine. And your... heaad..." Speaking coherently wasn't possible. So, as Paula tried to scrambled away with little success, he brought the rock down on her head. The crunch was sickening.

--

November 22, 2014 at 8:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Crangle grinned. She looked way creepier than normal.

The Gardener was there, too, bashing creatures over the head with his 'plant cutter'. "Never liked these things!"

Ace crouched, his hands out.

Crack ran at him, jumping on Ace's hands, flipping over him and landing on a creature's head, clawing it to death.

"Always wanted to do that." Crack growled, clawing another creature.

The Dark Master shot an orb at a creature's head, killing it before it could bite Red.

--

November 22, 2014 at 8:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"EEEE!" Red squeaked, jumping away. "O-Oh, uh, thanks..."

And then, no monsters came. The few remaining were struggling to retreat into the jungle. The beach was empty. Silent.

"... Where's Paula?" Augustus asked shakily. He was twitching, "Where did she go?"

King bashed the rock against Paula's skull again. And again, and again, until she moved no more. "I've done it."

The island shook. More than ever before. 

--

November 22, 2014 at 8:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

An image of Crangle's grin briefly flashed in King's eyes.

She was gone.

"Keep runnin'! Yeah! Go on!" Mr. Foster yelled, high fiving Cho'Gath.

"...I dunno where Paula went. King's gone, too." Ace nodded.

"So...how are things?" Crack asked, turning to Amethyst. He had blood on his claws and teeth. "Uh."

--

November 22, 2014 at 8:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

King looked around. Had that been a hallucination? No... he wasn't dying just yet... he had to get back to the others... warn them... 

And so, he began the most painful walk of his life. 

"That's bad." Augustus muttered. "Paula could've killed him.... or he could've killed Paula... H-Hazel... has to be avenged..."

""Been worse. I guess." Amethyst replied, half-shrugging. "Good t-to see you're okay. And that everyone else is. And we might finally be getting out of here. About time." 

The island shook again. A tree fell somewhere in the jungle.

--

November 22, 2014 at 8:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"I hope. This place is falling apart. Paula really screwed up, didn't she?" Crack muttered.

"Well done lads!" Mr. Foster cheered. "Wait. The hell was that noise?"

"I don't know." Cho'Gath replied.

Phoenix chirped, landing next to Anivia.

--

November 22, 2014 at 8:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Yeah. I mean, I'm surprised this place held up for so long." Amethyst agreed with a laugh. 

"I think I see King!" Red announced suddenly.

The scientist limped over to the group, looking... well, not too great. "I... kill.... Pa..." He stopped talking, going into a coughing fit.

"Paula's dead?" Augustus asked. "Is that what you're saying?" He'd wanted to do it himself, but Paula being dead at all was enough.

King nodded in reply. "Havda... leave. Island... sinking."

--

November 22, 2014 at 9:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Damnit. How do we leave?" Crack asked.

Craixen was still hitting a dead creature with her axe, laughing while doing so.

--

November 22, 2014 at 9:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"I... can get... a ship." King explained slowly, voice hoarse. "Orzenda... request... for one."

"A ship?" Red echoed. "Are you saying we're going to get a boat ride off the island?"

"Yes." King searched through the pocket of his labcoat. "We should... walk... island sinking..."

"King, are you sure you can walk?" Augustus asked, suddenly concerned. "D-Do you need help?"

"No." King replied as evenly as he could. He began to hobble into the jungle, not waiting to see if anyone followed.

--

November 22, 2014 at 9:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

The group followed, unsure.

Craixen still laughed quite creepily.

--

November 22, 2014 at 9:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Group's bigger." King remarked as he walked. "What happened?"

Red shrugged. "A lotta people were just suddenly... here. Why're we running instead of waiting for the boat?"

As though in reply, a large chunk of the empty beach broke free, falling into the ocean of water and lava.

"And that's why." Augustus muttered.

--

November 22, 2014 at 9:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

The Dark Master stayed at the back, away from the others. He walked in silence.

Craixen would stop laughing, and then laugh again. Her eyes held a large amount of insanity.

--

November 22, 2014 at 9:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

And then, the group reached a clearing, and the shaking stopped. 

King slumped against a tree, defeated. "... I'm sorry."

"Sorry?" Red echoed. "For what?"

"The island."

Augustus, who was perching in a tree, on the lookout for the ship, laughed at the response.

--

November 22, 2014 at 9:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Like that'll fix everything. Where's the damn boat?" Crack asked.

--

November 22, 2014 at 9:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"I think I see something." Augustus said. "It's... getting closer... I think..."

"You only have one eye, y'sure you can see that great?" Red asked.

"Shut up."

"Okay."

The island shook again, more of it falling off and sinking.

King spoke again. "... Leave me here. I'm dying anyway."

"You sure?" Augustus asked, hopping off his perch. "M-Maybe, someone could help you..."

"Just focus on getting on that boat, okay?"

Without another word, Augustus nodded.

"Hey, I can see it, too!" Red chirped, peering through the remaining jungle trees.

--

November 22, 2014 at 9:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Sweet." Crack grunted.

"Finally, gonna get outta here." Cho'Gath muttered. "Been too long."

--

November 22, 2014 at 9:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.