RES University

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Creature Roleplays > The Island Of King Seven: The Old Kingdom

Alex

"And this time it's for good, right?" Red asked eagerly.

King just nodded. Even that hurt. 

Another piece of the island fell away, and the ship had to steer around it, before it finally came to a stop, just beyond a couple fallen trees.

"I guess this is it." Amethyst murmured. 

Augustus nodded. "It's... almost sad."

"Not really."

"It is to me."

--

November 22, 2014 at 9:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

The group ran for the boat.

Crack and the others jumped on without hesitation.

Grace was nearby the boat, with Craixen.

"I suppose this is goodbye.." Grace nodded.

Craixen began to laugh crazily, an uncontrollable laughter as she smashed a corpse with her axe.

"..er." Grace murmured. 

Hearing Grace, Craixen instantly turned to her, hitting her with the sharp end of the axe.

She fell.

In a split second, The Dark Master was there, holding Craixen by the neck. He screeched, images of his face flashing into Craixen's eyes. For a second they had the look of fear, but the craziness returned as the area flashed black, and Craixen was gone.

"Grace, Grace!" The Dark Master shouted, kneeling next to her body.

"Hm, I...gu.ess thi..this is goodbye, huh..?" Grace said weakly.

"No. Hell no. You're a healer, c'mon, heal yourself."

"You never paid attention...in health class...did you? I can't heal myself.."

--

November 22, 2014 at 10:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

There was a stunned silence, everyone on the boat frozen. It wasn't like there was anything they could do. Grace was dying. No scientists appeared to help. The ship was probably even controlled from back at the labs.

"... Oh, no." Red murmured quietly. He'd thought that the sadness was over. 

--

November 22, 2014 at 10:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"..I always liked you, y'know.. Daniel." Grace murmured, saying nothing else as her eyes closed.

He hadn't been called that in a long time. A very long time. He picked up Grace's body, and teleported onto the front of the boat with it, back to everyone else. He said nothing.

--

November 22, 2014 at 10:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Everything was consumed by a sorrowful kind of silence as the ship began to move. Where was it going? No one really knew, and sure enough, there were no scientists to ask. 

But it could, in a way, be said they were going home. Land could be seen on the horizon.

King watched the ship vanish from sight. "Alone with my kingdom." He murmured. At least he had a pleasant way to go. Painful, but... pleasant.

--

November 22, 2014 at 10:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

The ship ended up stopping, sure enough, at the Royal Sanctuary labs.

It was empty, minus a couple young women who were likely the ones in charge of the ship.

"... Welcome back." One said quietly. It was clear that, in that Royal Sanctuary way, they'd observed all the events. "I suppose you're all free to go now. And hopefully, you never return to this place, or... the island itself."

"The company's shutting down, anyway." The other added quietly.

And so, that was that. Everyone went their separate ways. Some may have kept in touch, bonds forged during those awful years, and others may have never seen each other again. Those are tales that may never be told.

Sure enough, Royal Sanctuary Labs did shut down. And a couple years later, was replaced by... a memorial. For the Island.

"The Island of King", a sign at the front read.

It was surprisingly detailed, a recount of all the events. Facts about the island's purpose and history, facts about the endangered animals and the artificially-made ones. It had a list of those who did not return, one with far too many names. A list of surivors, which was small in comparison.

Some survivors dropped by occasionally, but most avoided it like the plague.

In a way, the island faded after that. The memorial was the only solid remnant, the survivors mostly trying to forget the events and move on. Not that one ever could. Many were traumatized.

But the story does end there. The island never did rise from the ocean again, the jungle and its monsters never again claiming another victim, the sound of waves never again being a sign of danger.

--

November 22, 2014 at 10:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vj092UgKwQ

--

November 23, 2014 at 12:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

--

November 23, 2014 at 12:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

--

November 23, 2014 at 12:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply