RES University

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Planning Pages, ect. > The Land of The Masked: Planning

Alex

Since the outbreak, nothing has been the same. In the city, which has since been frozen, the only sounds are the buzz and static of abandoned electronics, and footsteps. The city is where they walk. If it could even be called walking. Walking would have a purpose. They just wander, stumbling about, looking for new prey. From afar, however, you wouldn't be able to tell. They try to blend in. They'll put on a mask to hide how empty they are. That's where they got their name: The Masked. However, it's not very effective. They have no emotional capacity, in everything from the way they move to the dead look in their eyes.

But once you get too close, that mask is destroyed. They remain stone-faced, but they're fast and strong, and it shows. If they catch you, you're doomed. They use some sort of magic, some sort of curse, and you're one of them. Because of the danger of getting near them, we don't know much else. There have frequently been cases of victims being 'half-infected', sapped of emotions but with no magic to drag others down with them. Researching them never helped.

Leaving isn't an option. Nobody has ever gotten out alive. The situation seems hopeless. There is, however, a group actually trying to do something: The Anti-Masked Society, an underground group of people determined to put an end to the Masked once and for all, to perhaps even find a cure. They mostly stay in hiding, but lately they've gotten some very fascinating pieces of information...

Because of this, the Society has been trying to get new members. All over the city, there are papers with only the cryptic messsage of 'Look into the static when the clock strikes twelve'.

Is it worth the risk, joining them to find a cure? Shall you help save this Land of The Masked?

AAND THAT'S SO I DON'T HAVE TO GO TO MOSHI MONSTERS TO GET THE PLOT. WOO.

--

October 11, 2014 at 8:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Will there be forms? Probably not considering there'll be like 3 people

Will there be rules? I'm pretty sure we all know how to rp here

Will there be the same setup as the previous version of the RP? With some tweaks.

Will there be conga? ... Conga's dead. 

Sooo this is mostly for me to mess around and write random info so I don't lose it lol

--

October 11, 2014 at 9:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Who am I gonna use?

Uh let's see

Fosho spawnin:

King

Decadent

Lance 

Lawrence

Distortion

Stella

Gardenia

Kara

Maybe-ish Spawning:

Amethyst

Eilos

New characters in general

Not Spawning:

Hazel

Augustus

Paula

Red

--

October 11, 2014 at 9:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

k lel

--

October 11, 2014 at 9:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

I'm sorry to tell you Cam but

Conga is dead you can't conga in Masked

--

October 11, 2014 at 9:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Society as a whole after the outbreak:

Considering mere contact was enough to convert someone, the city as a whole scattered. There are a few groups here and there, but nothing too major or official. Really, everyone's been reduced to scavenging for basic things like food and shelter. 

In the year and a half since the incident, there have been many fights, and considering the city had a population mostly consisting of creatures or humans with otherworldly powers, much of it has been brought to ruin. To see a building in one piece is a rare sight. Many of the suburban neighborhoods were abandoned, after being attempts at fortresses. They have good food and supplies, but managing to break into one is a difficult feat. And because of the destruction of Internet and whatnot, nobody really knows what the outside world is doing. Nobody's gotten in or out of the city since everything went to hell.

--

October 11, 2014 at 9:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

The Anti-Masked Society:

Perhaps formerly one of the most organized groups of the bunch, the Anti-Masked Society was a group of teens and adults focused on the research and treatment of Masked. It was quite popular, managing to even hack into the television systems to get the attention of the public. And it worked, for a while. The founder, Kingswell Izlan, was an intelligent man very effective at winning people over. 

However, after a particularly brutal incident, King got most of his followers killed, and the rest abandond him, off to create a society of their own, believing his to be too dangerous. 

--

October 11, 2014 at 10:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

So this is gonna happen

Death spoilers I guess lol

"You know, if you're anything, it's scared." [CHARACTERA] piped up suddenly. "Just a scared little girl, sending out her little army to do her bidding. I can't help but wonder though, what'd happen if they didn't have their leader?"

[CHARACTERB] grinned a bit, her childish voice eerily calm as she spoke. "They'd go berserk. Kill everyone in the city within days. Their lives would be on your hands. Is that a good idea? Do you really want to be responsible for that?" She turned to face her opponents, arms out. "If so, cut the petty taunts and shoot away."

"This is bad. [A], we can solve this civilly. She may know how to undo it, and we may be able to talk her into it..." [C] said suddenly. "Resorting to violence won't-"

"Shut up!" [A] cut him off. "If killing her won't help, we'll just make her wish she was dead."

"I do not suggest that." [B] replied simply. She reached into her makeshift bag, pulling out a gun. "Is this truly the option you wish to take? This is crossing the line from brave into foolish."

"Oh, shut up, kid." [A] snapped, hands consumed with violet flame [OKAY YEAH YOU PROBABLY KNOW WHO IT IS NOW LOL]. She moved towards [B] in a confident stride, the latter suddenly growing nervous. 

Before [A] could take another step, [B] fired. The gunshot exploded throughout the room, a loud, sudden sound. And then everything was mute. 

"... What?" It was [A] herself who broke the silence, barely audible. She was bleeding. And that was pain. But... she wasn't going to die, right? No, she couldn't die here. People to save, other people to avenge, no, dying thanks to a stupid ten-year-old? She couldn't be. 

"This is a most unentertaining death, don't you agree?" Sadie said suddenly, grinning. Something wasn't right with that kid. 

A wave of sheer pain hit [A], so intense and sudden she stumbled back. And then a couple more shots from the gun. And then, well, she was dead.

"... I did warn her, y'know." [B] remarked with a laugh. "So, what did you guys think of that?"

Prolly gonna split into multiple comments but ay. 

--

October 12, 2014 at 3:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Fluffy

I can just imagine Cardinal with a gun immediately going PEW PEW PEW the moment B had her arms up XD

--

HEY MAN, THE COMMENT IS UP THERE ^

October 19, 2014 at 5:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Fluffy

I'll be using Cardinal. Just her. :P

--

HEY MAN, THE COMMENT IS UP THERE ^

October 19, 2014 at 6:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Woo. I  might actually have to make this soon, lol.

--

October 20, 2014 at 1:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.