RES University

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Creature Roleplays > The Land of The Masked: A Fantasy Roleplay

Alex

Since the outbreak, nothing has been the same. In the city, which has since been frozen, the only sounds are the buzz and static of abandoned electronics, and footsteps. The city is where they walk. If it could even be called walking. Walking would have a purpose. They just wander, stumbling about, looking for new prey. From afar, however, you wouldn't be able to tell. They try to blend in. They'll put on a mask to hide how empty they are. That's where they got their name: The Masked. However, it's not very effective. They have no emotional capacity, in everything from the way they move to the dead look in their eyes.

But once you get too close, that mask is destroyed. They remain stone-faced, but they're fast and strong, and it shows. If they catch you, you're doomed. They use some sort of magic, some sort of curse, and you're one of them. Because of the danger of getting near them, we don't know much else. There have frequently been cases of victims being 'half-infected', sapped of emotions but with no magic to drag others down with them. Researching them never helped.

Leaving isn't an option. Nobody has ever gotten out alive. The situation seems hopeless. There is, however, a group actually trying to do something: The Anti-Masked Society, an underground group of people determined to put an end to the Masked once and for all, to perhaps even find a cure. They mostly stay in hiding, but lately they've gotten some very fascinating pieces of information...

Because of this, the Society has been trying to get new members. All over the city, there are papers with only the cryptic messsage of 'Look into the static when the clock strikes twelve'.

Is it worth the risk, joining them to find a cure? Shall you help save this Land of The Masked?

--

November 1, 2014 at 10:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

- Hoxton (British)

- Wears his 'Hoxton Reborn' mask, looking rather creepy.

- Wears a suit, and has two silenced handguns, although they don't have much ammunition at the moment.

- He'll usually insult people if he dislikes them, or as a joke. Might also call people 'love' , 'dear' and 'sweetheart' - usually to get on people's nerves.

--

November 1, 2014 at 10:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

okay I don't think we'll need rules/forms/whatever and will just be able to start

I'll, uh, write something to get the setting in. in a minute.

--

November 1, 2014 at 10:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

Aria. 

BECAUSE I'M LAZY

Might add more later though

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 1, 2014 at 10:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

It was, for once, a sunny day in the city. Not that it mattered, people were a bit busy trying to avoid getting killed by the Masked to admire the lovely weather. 

"D'you think they can hear us from here?" Lance asked quietly. 

Lawrence shrugged. "Wanna try out that theory?" He hovered up to a particularly damaged building. "I could probably knock this over as a test."

"Don't do anything stupid." Amethyst muttered. "I say we don't try anything, it'd be the first day in a while you didn't nearly get us killed."

The shadowy clone of Lance laughed, despite the icy glares from his companions. "We're not in any danger. We can kill all of them with ease."

"There's at least a couple dozen."

"I guess, but... eh... I dunno."

--

November 1, 2014 at 10:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Hoxton was on top of a roof. He had a little deck chair set up, with a tv, antenna, and a portable fridge. Not that any of it worked. He watched the streets closely, his handguns in his pockets.

--

November 1, 2014 at 10:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"I could always be bait, y'know." Lawrence offered. "I'm kind of an intangible entity, so they can go after me."

"We're still not trying anything stupid." Lance replied. "C'mon, Lawrence, just..."

However, Lawrence was already perched on the worn balcony of the old building. "Just what? Jump off?"

--

November 1, 2014 at 10:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

Aria was fighting off the last of a group of Masked, her stamina quickly wearing away as a spectrum of crystal shards zipped through the sky a split second before launching their sharp edges through the opponents, defeating them upon contact. After all, it was a rare feat to survive the event of impalement by a dozen or so crystals. She stood alone in the center of a Masked circle, panting heavily in a desperate attempt to catch her breath and rest. 

Life was hard when death was constantly at the door.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 1, 2014 at 10:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Bloody 'ell.. in a city fulla creeps.." Hoxton murmured. He just witnessed what Aria had done. He kept low, however. Anyone could be hostile. Plus, he hardly had any ammunition for his defences.

--

November 1, 2014 at 10:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"I think someone over there just killed a lot of Masked." Lawrence remarked from his little observation deck. "They could be useful."

"We can't go around recruiting people." Amethyst said with a shrug. "There's too much to worry about. It's another life to keep safe, and all that..."

"You're no fun. D'you think we could get her attention by doing this? And maybe the attention of some others?"

--

November 1, 2014 at 10:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

Aria limped to a nearby building, shielded by a winged fortress. Crystal wings were a convenient weapon, especially at a time like this. Now on the defensive side, she hid in the corner of the room.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 1, 2014 at 11:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Best not get seen by that bloody thing." Hoxton muttered, checking the other side of the building he was on. Quiet. Odd.

--

November 1, 2014 at 11:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"She's injured, Lawrence." Lance pointed out, watching Aria vanish into the nearby building. "Don't be a jerk, okay?"

"Well, I'm bored." Lawrence objected. Not that it was that great an objection. "And it's only one group of Masked now, she killed the others."

Amethyst sighed. "Both of you, shut up. We're not going to interfere with anything, okay?"

But unfortunately, it was too late. Turning tangible, Lawrence jumped onto the balcony's railing. The thing fell instantly, making a loud crash that could probably be heard for a long distance.

It was enough to get the attention of the Masked, who all whirled around to the direction of the noise. 

--

November 1, 2014 at 11:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"The bloody hell was that?" Hoxton muttered, looking over at the source of the noise. What kind of idiot would make such a loud freaking noise?

--

November 1, 2014 at 11:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

The masked began their slow, oddly-in-sync walk towards the building. It wouldn't be long until they broke into their signature all-out sprints. 

"Well, what now?" Lawrence asked, glancing down at his friends. "Should we run?"

"The hell do you think?" Amethyst muttered, backing away. 

--

November 1, 2014 at 11:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

Aria tensed at the sound  of the loud crash, cringing slightly. She wasn't a fan of those, nor was she a fan of nearly getting killed. This situation was a rather sticky one, and she didn't appreciate it one bit.

The Masked society was grinding on her nerves.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 1, 2014 at 11:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Okay. If we run, d'you think we'll get help?" Lawrence asked.

Amethyst managed to ignite a small wall of fire. The Masked were stupid enough to run into it, fortunately. "I can't believe you did this as a cry for attention. You might've just killed us and the girl, you diot."

"It was loud, though. Did ya hear it?!" The shadow creature laughed, floating down to Lance and Amethyst.

--

November 1, 2014 at 11:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Bloody hell. Why am I doing this. OI! IDIOTS! GET THE HELL OVER HERE!" Hoxton shouted across the street from his roof. He began to fire his handguns at the masked. "Hurry the f*** up!"

--

November 1, 2014 at 11:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Lawrence turned, startled. "Huh? Someone else heard it?"

"Obviously. That sound could be heard for miles." Amethyst muttered, heading down the alley. "Come on, this'll be a shortcut. Hopefully. Hell if I know."

Lance and Lawrence followed. 

--

November 1, 2014 at 11:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

She'd have to move quickly. As she hastily snatched a granola bar from her right jacket pocket, she rose to her feet and burst out the door, taking a running start before leaping onto a relatively short building. She skipped from tower to tower, occasionally sending shards out to attack the Masked. A minute's rest and a bite to eat was all she needed replenish her energy and kick back into action.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 1, 2014 at 11:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.