RES University

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Creature Roleplays > The Land of The Masked: A Fantasy Roleplay

Jade

Aria darted out the door to meet the others, the crystals bursting from her back. She was clearly on the offensive, ready to attack at a moment's reaction.

Meanwhile, Blair had a sour expression. "Hmph, they have a stupid way of fighting.  The explosions will just attract more of them.''

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 15, 2014 at 11:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"O-Oh. Them. Yes..." King's gaze went to the floor. "They're... uh..." He trailed off, seeming to zone out.

"They used to work with us." Altair, who had shown up seemingly out of nowhere, spoke up. He hobbled on over, cane in hand. "We had a bit of a... misunderstanding."

"Yes, you could call it that." King agreed, nodding, snapped out of his trance. "A-A misunderstanding. But that's not a big deal, and it... doesn't matter... a-at all..." 

--

November 15, 2014 at 11:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Are they tryin' tah kill us or somethin'? Tell us the whole deal, you shady twats." Hoxton snapped, guns in hand.

--

November 16, 2014 at 12:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

''Who are they, though?'' Blair interrogated. 

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 16, 2014 at 12:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"It's... not something King feels comfortable talking about." Altair attempted to explain, but King had already wandered off, into the main room. "... I-I don't have to tell you guys, do I?"

"Well, how bad could it be?" Amethyst asked. 

"It's... pretty bad."

--

November 16, 2014 at 12:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"Look, if it endangers our lives, we're going to need to know about it," Blair pushed, furrowing her eyebrows. "Unless you want some sort of conflict, you better tell us."

"Yeah, that'd be a good idea,'' Aria commented.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 16, 2014 at 12:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

".... Fine." Altair sighed, defeated. "Now, everything I say is the truth, but I don't want you talking about it around King. The incident shattered him, and only recently has he gotten to the point he's at now."

"Get on with it, I'm interested now!" Lawrence piped up. "

"Okay, okay. In short... there were a lot more of us. King had... a son. An adopted son. Really, I think he made this group so his kid could grow up okay. When King founded the Society, all of us were working together to try and study Masked, get all the information we needed... and then things went wrong. In one experiment, the poor kid died, and... King was broken. Everyone said his methods were crazy, and next thing ya know, he and I are the only ones left. That's... the short story."

--

November 16, 2014 at 12:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"Oh, wow, that sucks," Aria said somberly, pursing her lips. "I'm sorry that it happened to you guys."

"Hm," was Blair's only reply, untouched by the story. 

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 16, 2014 at 12:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Well, that's bloody fantastic, eh?" Hoxton muttered. "Eh...can we get goin', then?"

--

November 16, 2014 at 12:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"That doesn't sound very nice." Lawrence remarked, frowning. He felt sorry for the guy. 

Altair shrugged. "I hadn't really known King at the time, just wanted to stick around a place with shelter. and the kid didn't talk much. He was kinda creepy... But, yeah, beside the point. Now, I guess, you know about King's little secret. And the people who left after the accident... they vowed that as long as we stayed out of their way, they wouldn't hurt us. So, yeah, we're in the clear. Let's just... go get King and get out of here." 

--

November 16, 2014 at 12:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Agreed." Hoxton nodded, guns back in their holsters.

--

November 16, 2014 at 12:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"Yeah, let's go," Aria said somberly, following Altair.

Blair wordlessly followed suit.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 16, 2014 at 12:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

King was perched in one of the chairs by the table, packing bags for everyone. "We'll need food..." He murmured. "And water. Stay hydrated and whatnot...."

"Uh, King." Altair piped up. "We're ready to go."

The scientist glanced up at the group, grinning. "Ah, yes, perfect. Grab a bag and follow me!" And with that, swingnig open the door, he vanished into the tunnels.

--

November 16, 2014 at 12:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"This is kinda like...ah. Nevermind." Hoxton murmured as he picked up a bag, following King.

--

November 16, 2014 at 12:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

And so, the trek began.

The tunnels were, as expected, dark and featureless. Occasionally, Masked or another explosion could be heard above. 

"How long of a walk is it?" Lawrence asked, hovering near the ceiling.

"I haven't a clue." King replied. "But at least we know where we're going."

--

November 16, 2014 at 1:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

Aria continued walking, looking out for any signs of danger.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 16, 2014 at 1:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"What're the odds of the tunnels collapsing?" Amethyst asked. Something about this place... didn't feel right.

King chuckled. "Oh, they're incredibly low, do not fret."

"Are they abandoned?"

"As far as we know." 

--

November 16, 2014 at 1:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Down the corridor, something was seen near the ceiling.

In the darkness ahead, were two white, glowing dots. You could also faintly see an open jaw, with a large amount of teeth. The dots were looking directly at the group, and the radio static from the night were much louder.

"...D'you see that?" Hoxton whispered.

--

November 16, 2014 at 1:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"See what?" Lawrence asked, looking around. "I don't see anything outta te ordinary, but I hear... something weird."

Amethyst stared deep into the darkness. "Are those... eyes?"

King followed the gazes. "And... a mouth... what on Earth...?"

--

November 16, 2014 at 1:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Whatever it was crawled along the wall to get to the floor, and shambled away into the darkness.

"Uh. What. The hell. Was that." Hoxton asked.

--

November 16, 2014 at 1:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.