RES University

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Creature Roleplays > The Land of The Masked: A Fantasy Roleplay

Alex

"Cops?" The redhead echoed. "And you'd best watch it. Kara's right, and knowing her, she's two steps away from torching you. Really, though, no one's at the levels of the cops. Gardenia broke into the police department, which had been barricaded. The freakin' cowards all shot themselves! Haha!"

"Ignore him. We've got the good info now." Kara interrupted. "D'you think destroying the source will kill all the Masked?"

Altair shrugged. "In theory, that's possible. It could also stop the production of the Masked, or do absolutely nothing. Those are the three outcomes I suspect will occur. There is the fourth, involving... us all dying before we get there."

"Interesting, interesting." Kara nodded. "Okay. Treat us with some respect, take us there, and maybe we'll spare you if I'm not bored by the end of it."

"This sounds like a bad idea." Lawrence said quietly.

--

November 21, 2014 at 9:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"Hmph, I always learned that respect is earned," Blair said aloud, not giving the slightest care of the consequences. It seemed like a stupid thing to do, but for someone as stubborn as her, it was only natural.

Aria, on the other hand, remained silent. However, her wings were still in full form. There was a good chance the other group lacked the knowledge that her wings were retractable, flightless, or even had the ability to be used as weapons. Nevertheless, she kept them out.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 21, 2014 at 10:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Let me guess your name. Sh**ferbrains? Nah, that's too nice. Hm..." Hoxton spat.

--

November 21, 2014 at 10:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Kara turned to Blair, frowning slightly, then to Hoxton. "Oh, you guys all make lovely contributions to the discussion, don't you? Boy, we might as well cut out all their tongues, right?"

This earned uncomfortable laughter from the group. It was clear that even by their standards, Kara was on the crazy side.

"I guess we should just get moving." Altair said quietly. Before things escalate, he added silently.

--

November 21, 2014 at 10:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Better than seein' your faces, that's fer sure." Hoxton muttered.

--

November 21, 2014 at 10:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Let's just... go." A dark-skinned boy piped up. "Y'know. Before everyone starts to kill each other."

"Yes, Sage. Good point." Kara agreed, grinning widely. "But I say we go to our shelter, first. It's right by here." She turned to the group. "Whaddya say? Actually, nah. You get no choice in the matter! Hah!"

--

November 21, 2014 at 10:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"Actually, I think we should get moving instead. The faster we fix this Masked problem, the faster we can be free of these... Things," Blair retorted in the snarkiest way possible. "After all, there's the possibilty they'll all die trying. With that in mind, I'm almost looking forward to working with them."

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 21, 2014 at 10:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"I'd rather not go to the slums with you b****rds." Hoxton muttered, shrugging. "I'd slit yer throats while you slept, anyway."

--

November 21, 2014 at 10:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Two white, glowing eyes watched Blair from a distance away, in the darkness of a long corridor.

--

November 21, 2014 at 10:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Well, we need to get food and supplies and everything. Unless you goddamn idiots prefer starving to death, you're gonna follow us. And don't try anything." Kara went on, trying to ignore the remarks. "Y'see the blonde guy with the tattoos, right? His name's Losveilos and he could probably wipe you out of existence."

"I can't do that." The tattooed boy replied quietly.

"... Oh. Damn." Kara switched her gaze to the headless woman. "Okay. Gardenia. Probably could put a bullet through you, or dodge a bullet, in the blink of an eye. So... don't try anything."

--

November 21, 2014 at 10:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

Blair didn't seem to notice, as she went on staring down the opposite group with a glower that could stare daggers into one's soul.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 21, 2014 at 10:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

A faint radio static was heard.

"You're all mongrels, I hope ya realise that." Hoxton muttered.

--

November 21, 2014 at 10:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Sage and Losveilos looked around, but no one else seemed to really notice. 

"Uh-huh. Just shut up if you want those vocal cords intact." Kara replied sharply. She began to walk, and her friends surrounded the group, following.

"I had a feeling this was a bad idea." Lawrence sighed.

"You were pretty okay with it, actually." Amethyst replied.

"But now it sucks."

King finally snapped out of whatever he was in, looking around. "H-Huh? Where are we...what?"

--

November 21, 2014 at 10:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

The room began to flicker as the static got louder. It was flickers of darkness.

The first flicker ended, the creature could be seen on the ceiling.

The second, it had moved closer to Kara, staring into her eyes.

The third, its jaw was wide open, and a much lower, heavily distorted radio garble was heard.

The fourth, it appeared in front of Blair, staring into her eyes.

The fifth, it had vanished.

"Bloody 'ell. Should let it bit ya, your face'd look better." Hoxton chuckled.

--

November 21, 2014 at 10:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Kara jumped back. "W-What the hell was that?! ... No matter. Lets get outta h-here." There was a shakiness to her voice, and she twitched a little. "Not that long a walk. I don't like this place."

"I had to go with a place with a lot of shadows, Kara." Gardenia apologized quietly. 

And so, they kept walking. Soon, a surprisingly stable building was in sight. It was missing most of its roof, but the rest looked like a skyscraper from before the apocalypse.

--

November 21, 2014 at 10:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

Blair noiselessly jumped back in surprise, but quickly recovered from the shock. She hadn't payed enough attention to clearly see the creature, which served much to her benefit.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 21, 2014 at 10:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"I'm gonna assume none of you guys knew what that was." Kara muttered.

King shook his head. "No. I... barely saw it."

"Good. Don't care." Kara swung open the remains of what had been an automatic glass door. "Okay. Take a breather while ya can. We plan to walk as soon as we're packed up." And with that, she was off.

--

November 21, 2014 at 11:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Hoxton just muttered things to himself as he walked.

It felt like the group were being watched, but the feeling quickly faded.

--

November 21, 2014 at 11:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

The rest of the group looked rather awkward. There was the dark-skinned boy, Sage, the tattooed one, Losveilos, Gardenia, and the redhead, who was the only one who knew what she was doing, wandering around checking various boxes of supplies. Someone had called her Hazel.

"Sorry about Kara." Gardenia said quietly.

"She's insane!" Lawrence whisper-shouted it, scared the fire elemental would be able to hear if he were any louder. 

"She and Hazel." The headless woman muttered. "She hasn't been the same since... we split up."

--

November 21, 2014 at 11:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Hazel and Kara are twats. Conversation over." Hoxton muttered.

--

November 21, 2014 at 11:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.