RES University

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Creature Roleplays > The Land of The Masked: A Fantasy Roleplay

Jade

Aria, who was already perched upon the thrid roof, remained silent as she waited for the next directions. The masked man seemed like a guy with a plan, and tagging along with whoever the others were seemed safer than trying to survive on her own, fighting tooth and nail in the attempt share the city with the Masked.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 2, 2014 at 6:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"I think I'll be able to stand you." Hoxton said, turning around to look at Aria, casually shooting a Masked that had been in hiding behind her. "Not like the other slowpokes. Hurry it up, for god's sake!" He shouted, turning back to the group that was still climbing. "Name's Ji- ..Hoxton. Just call me Hoxton."

--

November 3, 2014 at 2:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

After finally managing to stop their bickering, the others caught up.

"Oh. We're doing introductions now. Okay. Uh, hi. I'm Lawrence." Lawrence waved, his hand barely visible as he seemed to flicker in and out of existence. "My friends here are Lance and Amethyst."

"Yeah. Friends." Amethyst repeated, voice dripping with sarcasm. 

--

November 3, 2014 at 6:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Hoxton kicked the plank off the roof, watching it smash as it hit the concrete below. "Right then."

--

November 3, 2014 at 6:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

''Aria," she replied with a smile as she ignored the ringing in her ears. "Thanks, for uh, everything."

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 3, 2014 at 6:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"'Bout bloody time. Right, so, what are you all trying to achieve? Survival, I suppose, sort of like me. Although some seem better at it than others." Hoxton replied, looking at Lawrence and Lance.

--

November 3, 2014 at 6:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"They're not normally this slow." Amethyst said, though she kind of doubted it. She'd lost count of the amount of times she'd saved them. "And really, there's not much else to achieve in a place like this, is there?"

--

November 3, 2014 at 6:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"I'm not a huge fan of dying, or turning into... Whatever those things are," Aria explained, looking down at the remains of what used to be the Masked. "So survival, yeah."

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 3, 2014 at 6:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Well, if you wanna survive, you better step up 'yer game. Winged chi- Aria? Aria, yeah. Is fine. She can actually move. You guys, though. If you wanna stick with me, step it up, alright? Anyway. My plan's been to stay outta sight of the buggers down there. Kinda fell apart when I made the decision to help you lot out, eh? In addition to the things, I've heard rumors of some secret society nonsense goin' around, so I'm steering clear of them, too. They sound like bloody trouble. So fer now, I guess we're stuck on this rooftop until the things below lose interest. Best make yerselves at home, am ah right?" Hoxton said, sitting down on an old deckchair, his handguns in his pockets, hands behind his head like he was relaxing or something. "Oh yeah, mask stays on. I don't care if you confuse me for a freak. It stays. On."

--

November 4, 2014 at 4:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Uh-huh, got that." Lawrence muttered, distracted by the chaos down below. Masked were running about, trampling and crushing whatever they could. "I think I heard about the secret society. Something about screens and midnight and defeating the Masked. Sounded pretty stupid." 

--

November 4, 2014 at 6:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Not as weird as some of the things I've seen." Hoxton murmured.

--

November 4, 2014 at 6:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Really, the world in general's weird!" Lawrence said with a laugh. "I mean, especially these days." Lawrence laughed, picking up a scrap of wood and throwing it to another building. Several Masked ran off in that direction. "Y'know, two years ago, if I was told that I'd spend this late afternoon on a building surrounded by crazy zombie things, I'd have dismissed it."

--

November 4, 2014 at 6:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"The weirdest thing 'ere is your sense of bloody humour." Hoxton muttered.

--

November 5, 2014 at 3:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"I find myself to be quite funny." Lawrence replied, gaze on the sky. "And on an evening like this, y'know what we need most?"

"To survive." Amethyst muttered.

"A good sense of humor, or something of some sort to keep up our spirits."

--

November 5, 2014 at 6:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"I think we'd all have a good laugh if you shut your f***in' mouth." Hoxton snapped. 

--

November 5, 2014 at 6:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

That was enough to get Lawrence to shut up for all of two seconds. "Why don't we just... admire the pretty sunset, eh?" 

"Sure." Lance muttered. "But, seriously, Lawrence... why are you so talkative?"

"Dunno."

--

November 5, 2014 at 6:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"For god's sake, shut the hell up." Hoxton muttered, looking at the streets below.

--

November 5, 2014 at 6:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

As dusk fell over the city, Lawrence finally did shut up. Maybe even dozed off. 

Then there was an explosion of static, followed by a literal explosion, somewhere in the distance. 

--

November 5, 2014 at 6:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Jesus, the heck d'ya think that was?" Hoxton murmured, mainly to himself as he leaned against the side of a broken brick wall, that had been stairwell access.

--

November 6, 2014 at 9:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Probably someone trying to get electricity back, wherever they are." Lance said, shrugging. "if that were possible, it'd be lovely."

And then several electric screens, near and far, exploded with light and static. The Masked below practically went berserk.

--

November 6, 2014 at 6:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.