RES University

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Creature Roleplays > The Land of The Masked: A Fantasy Roleplay

cam6780

"They're makin' way too much noise." Hoxton muttered.

--

November 6, 2014 at 6:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"So much for getting my well-deserved rest." Lawrence sighed overdramatically. "Not that I actually sleep. Haha."

Through the static, a voice could be heard. Well, small clips of a voice, like the glimpse of the sun through clouds. It wasn't exactly coherent, either.

"Now it's just kinda creepy." Lawrence remarked, laughing. "I bet it's, like, the Masked trying to communicate with us. Or something."

--

November 6, 2014 at 6:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

(gtg)

"What if it's an actual person?" Hoxton asked. "I doubt those things can work electrics."

--

November 6, 2014 at 6:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

(see-ya nerd)

"Actual person?" Lawrence echoed. "No, no way. That's ridiculous."

And then the static cleared, or cleared enough to reveal two figuresin a small room. One was pacing, the other seeminlg to stare through the screen, into the camera. It was still too hard to make out actual faces.

--

November 6, 2014 at 7:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"Mmph... Ngh... Huh?" Aria mumbled as she slowly regained consciousness. She had dozed off when the night crept in, but the explosion had woken her up. "W-Whoa! Guys, look at that! Those are actual people... But, what the heck are they doing?"

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 7, 2014 at 8:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Hah, I was right. See?" Hoxton chuckled. "But what the hell are they doing?"

--

November 7, 2014 at 8:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"Dunno, looks like some sort of broadcast. Seems a little late for a last-minute attempt to get famous," Aria joked in response.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 7, 2014 at 8:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"No idea." Lawrence replied, frowning. "I wish it were, like, something actually worth our time, though. It looks like a couple of idiots messing around with a camera."

"The fact they're, like, broadcasting should count for something." Lance pointed out.

With another particularly loud explosion of static, the audio and visual began to clear. The camera had apparently been knocked onto its side, and someone offscreen carefully placed it back to the right position. A young man was busy studying some strange graphs, muttering to himself.

"I got it. We're broadcasting." The offscreen voice said. The man whirled around. 

"Are we? A-Actually?" He stuttered, disbelieving. "Okay. Uh. Ahem. Are there... people out there? Non-corrupted, still mentally intact, people that are survivors? I-If so..." He glanced at something beyond the camera, pausing, "Then, er, perhaps you would be interested in... helping us, helping us find a solution, or perhaps even a cure... to this disaster. We, the Anti-Masked Society, extend our reach out to you, in hopes of finding a way out of this horrible, horrible situation."

"The hell?" Lawrence murmured. "This is... the secret society, isn't it? Seems... underwhelming."

--

November 7, 2014 at 8:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"Well, uh, look at that. A society against the masked! Survivors!" Aria said gleefully, sitting up straight. "Think we should join 'em?" she asked, turning to Hoxton.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 7, 2014 at 8:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"If there's money involved, maybe. Also, looks like they've got a pretty secure place. However...if they're as useless as you lot, then I might be better off alone." Hoxton muttered.

--

November 7, 2014 at 8:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Wait, money's still a thing?" Lawrence asked, only half-joking. "In a place like this, it seems like people just steal to get by." 

"Really, I don't see any reason why we shouldn't at least take a look." Amethyst shrugged. "They're alive and seem to have a good shelter."

Meanwhile on-screen, the static was starting to crawl back in. "Uh, King, I'm losing connection." The offscreen voice said, barely heard. 

"D-D-Dammit!" King stammered. "Uh, er... c-central mall. That's where our shelter is. Under the fountain. The one that doesn't work anymore. There's actually a fairly intricate system of tunnels, built in-"

"Get to the point!" The off-screen voice interrupted. 

"It's there. Our shelter. It's there. If you have interest in our goals, please do arrive." 

And with that, the screen went dark.

--

November 7, 2014 at 8:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"I'm up for it," Aria declared. "Besides, it'd be nice to not be on the run for a while, even if it's temporary."

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 7, 2014 at 8:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Can we trust them, though?" Lawrence asked. "How did they get all that shelter, anyway? What if there were really Masked just beyond that wall?"

"Then we leave." Amethyst replied, shrugging. "It's not exactly complicated."

"Oh. Wait... central mall's, like, on the other side of town. We'll have to get past the Masked..."

--

November 7, 2014 at 8:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"Not a problem," Aria replied, her wings bursting from her upper back.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 7, 2014 at 8:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Sorry sunshine, but we can't all fly. Or jump, whatever." Hoxton muttered.

--

November 7, 2014 at 8:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"I can distract the Masked." Lawrence offered. "At least, y'know, long enough to get you guys time to escape. Maybe. Probably."

"Turn tangible and get infected." Amethyst muttered. "It'd help us all in the long run."

"Thanks for the encouragement."

--

November 7, 2014 at 8:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"Well, whatever we do, we'll need a plan."

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 7, 2014 at 8:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"A plan." Lawrence repeated. "Well, I say we just sorta wing it. How do we plan something like this, anyway? Either we kill 'em all or make sure we don't see us."

"And if the latter fails, we switch to the former." Lance noted.

"Basically."

--

November 7, 2014 at 9:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Plan will only work if you idiots actually move quicker than an old woman with her arms and legs chopped off." Hoxton muttered.

--

November 7, 2014 at 9:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"Not gonna argue with that logic," Aria commented. "C'mon guys!"

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 7, 2014 at 9:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.