RES University

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Creature Roleplays > The Land of The Masked: A Fantasy Roleplay

Alex

"Oh, Altair? He simply made a bet that no one would show up." The scientist chuckled. "And he was wrong, because now you're all here. I had a feeling that things'd go right today..." There was an almost childish tone of joy to his voice. "And, er, yes. Introductions. I'm Kingswell, though I would prefer if you could call me King."

"King? Pff, how... arrogant." Lawrence laughed, but it sounded off. He was clearly stressed. "I'm Lawrence."

"How the hell did you manage to get all this stuff to connect to the... entire city, in a way?" Amethyst muttered, glancing at the camera and the strange contraption it was connected to. How had they even gotten electricity? It was... kind of odd. "Oh, and, I'm Amethyst."

King shrugged. "I had a... friend hook it up, a long time ago. I wouldn't understand any of the technological babble even if he explained it as easily as he could."

--

November 8, 2014 at 7:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"You call me Hoxton." Hoxton nodded. "Can we close this door now?"

--

November 8, 2014 at 8:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

King nodded. "Ah, right. All of you, feel free to explore the shelter. It's not much, but we consider ourselves a tad better off than other poor souls." He closed the door, checking all four of its locks. 

By the standards of the world before the Masked, the place was pathetic. The only lights were flickering flourescent ones, which cast odd shadows on the room's stone walls and floors. It had an entire wall of crates that contained who knew what, and another covered in strange maps and graphs. There was a table with a few chairs surrounding it, though only two of said chairs weren't covered in a good lair of dust. There was a corridor that led elsewhere. 

But in a world like this, it was paradise. Because it was safe. 

--

November 8, 2014 at 8:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Geez, this is worse than my place. It'll do, though." Hoxton sighed, leaning against a wall.

--

November 8, 2014 at 8:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"It's safer than anywhere else in the city, though." King replied, pacing about. "You see, I have brought you all here to allow you to join the Anti-Masked Society. We are a group that seeks to... oh, wait, I mentioned all this, didn't I?"

A boy in his late teens entered the scene. Oddly enough, he had a cane. "You did. King, just cut to the point."

"Which point, Altair?"

"The reason we need new recruits."

King frowned. "Which... which reason?"

Lawrence was hovering by the door, glancing around the room nervously. "Just tell us why we're here, okay?"

"Ah, yes, I can do that." King replied, grinning again. "In short, we lost a lot of people. How? Not relevant. But we are planning an... expedition of sorts. We believe we have found something on the origin of the Masked."

--

November 8, 2014 at 9:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Whatever created those bloody things? Nice. I'll shoot it and we can all go home." Hoxton muttered. "But from things I've seen today, it won't be that simple, eh?"

--

November 9, 2014 at 6:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Sadly, I doubt that." King replied. "But theoretically, if we may find more information on the origins of the Masked, we may figure out how to destroy them. We've been tracking migration patterns for months, the Masked all come from this area."

"So, what is this area?" Amethyst asked. "A lab of some sort?"

"A rich neighborhood at the edge of the city."

--

November 9, 2014 at 6:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Rich b*****ds. Always screwin' things up." Hoxton sighed, kicking the air.

--

November 10, 2014 at 10:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"We intend to leave sometime tomorrow." King continued, ignoring the comment. "Our goal is merely information... for now. Eliminating any Masked that appear along the way could be considered... an added bonus."

"So, are we just supposed to rest now...?" Lawrence asked.

"We might as well take advantage of the food and shelter while it's here. We don't exactly know what awaits tomorrow."

--

November 10, 2014 at 6:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"A hell of a lotta walkin', that's what." Hoxton muttered.

--

November 11, 2014 at 6:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"There will be walking, yes, it is on the outskirts of the city..." King replied. "But we do have the tunnel system, which should help us for a bit of the journey. It's entirely safe."

"You sure?" Lawrence asked, uncertain. He'd been on edge for a while...

"We've been using this place for well over a year to get from Point A to B. And back a while ago, there were... many more people."

--

November 11, 2014 at 6:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"Huh, okay," Aria finally said, taking in all of the information at once. 

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 15, 2014 at 8:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Tunnels better not mean sewers, mate." Hoxton muttered.

--

November 15, 2014 at 8:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

Suddenly, there was another knock on the door. It was a hard knock, the knock one would use when the person inside was deaf or listening to loud music. 

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 15, 2014 at 8:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"As far as we know, the tunnels and the sewers do not connect." King replied. "For now, er, try to rest. I don't know. But we plan to get up bright and early tomorrow, and cover as much ground as we can in as little time as possible."

"The plan is to just walk and hope we don't die, then." Amethyst remarked. 

"Basically. But these tunnels haven't been broken into yet."

--

November 15, 2014 at 8:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Oi, who's knockin'?" Hoxton asked, turning to the door.

--

November 15, 2014 at 8:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

The knocks came again in a triplet rhythm.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 15, 2014 at 8:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Sounds awfully loud." King remarked, looking irritated at the fact he'd been interrupted mid-tangent. "Altair, check the computer."

Lawrence was hovering a few extra inches off the ground, as though hopeful or eager. Maybe it was Lance? Maybe he was okay?

"It says no Masked're in proximity." Altair replied. "I would've been alerted. So..."

"It's a person!" King finished, suddenly an image of giddy eagerness. He rushed to the door, opening it. 

--

November 15, 2014 at 8:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Oh god. If it's another person like this Lawrence idiot, just shoot me." Hoxton muttered.

--

November 15, 2014 at 8:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Oh, you shut up." Lawrence shot back. It wasn't exactly a witty retort, but he was a little busy hoping his literal other half wasn't dead.

--

November 15, 2014 at 8:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.