RES University

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Creature Roleplays > The Land of The Masked: A Fantasy Roleplay

Alex

"Just check out the base and make sure it's safe for us, alright?" Hazel muttered. "C'mon, Lawrence. You won't die. You literally cannot die." 

Lawrence sighed, defeated once again. "Alright, I'll check it out." 

The shadow vanished through the wall, nervous despite the fact he couldn't die. "Uh, anyone in here...?"

--

July 6, 2015 at 3:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Losing interest, Hoxton looked out of the entrance, down the street. 

In the distance, he saw a silhouette of a large scorpion-like creature walking along with a small human. They were quickly gone.

Hoxton just murmured to himself. "The horrors this bloody city has, huh.."

He backed away from the entrance when he heard a song begin to play. It was heavily distorted and broken. Creepy, to be simple. 

CPD watched him from a building further down the street, grinning. "D-o Y-OU B-eliEVE in MAGic?"

--

July 6, 2015 at 3:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"What the-? How did you get in here?" shrieked the first female voice, which belonged to a green-haired girl with glaring eyes. She was about average height and wore a pair of oval-shaped glasses, accompanied by an unpleasant sneer.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

July 6, 2015 at 3:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Lawrence hovered back, a good half of him still inside the wall. "U-Uh, I can explain this. I can explain this! See, I'm with my friends here, and this hideout was built by one of those friends, and we wanted to see what you'd done with the place! Yeah, y-yeah, no biggie." Leave out the whole Source thing for now. Sound nice and innocent. 

--

July 6, 2015 at 4:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"But how did you get in here?" the green-haired girl repeated, squinting distastefully at Lawrence. "Did you cause the tremors?"

"Yeesh, lighten up, Techno," laughed man who appeared to be Striker. "I'm sure they're not too much of a threat."

"They're in our base, Striker," the girl, Techno, glowering as wires and chunks of dismantled machines rose into the air. "If they can get in, think about all of the other things that can, too. I'll have to reboot the sensor, because it obviously didn't scan this intruder-"

And so the two continued their quarrel, seemingly turning a blind eye to the intangible being in the room. Machines whirred and beeped and made other strange sounds as the entire room dismantled and recreated itself.

"Y'know, he's still in our base," piped up the high-pitched voice from earlier, the one belonging to a small girl who sat atop on of the counters. She was kicking her legs, her weight shifted onto her arms as she leaned back in relaxation.

Techno turned to face Lawrence, abruptly cutting off her conversation with Striker. Stray, floating items fell to the ground with a crash. 

"Hmph. What do you want with us?"

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

July 7, 2015 at 2:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

CPD laughed that creepy laugh again, revealing something it was holding behind its back. Two things, actually. A cracked, decayed, faceplate belonging to everyone's favourite Gardener, and in the other hand, a broken pair of black sunglasses. With a foot, it also held up the remains of Dallas and Hoxton's masks from the first PD encounter.

Hoxton just stayed quiet, watching CPD as it laughed and sang.

Rek'Sai and Dave were still underground together.

--

July 8, 2015 at 11:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

So, they hadn't escaped the...hybrid thing. It could be heard from the stairway, and it was hardly comforting.

"D-Do you think Lawrence is going to be able to talk them into opening the door...?" Sage asked shakily.

"We just want to be let through, is all." Lawrence said, struggling to keep his tone calm and friendly. He slipped out of the wall, hovering in front of the strangers. "See, uh, we're kind of after someone. It's very serious business. The fates of the city and the Masked are dependent on this." Was that giving away too much? Would it even convince them? Oh, damn, Lance usually did all the talking. 

--

July 9, 2015 at 7:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"Ahah, and what makes you think we'll believe you? That you're not some terrorist trying to infiltrate our base," Striker replied smugly, maintaining his lilting tone of voice. 

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

July 9, 2015 at 7:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Well, first of all, I can't really do much of anything." Lawrence said, gesturing to his transluscent, flickering form. "Second of all, uh, we really just need a breather and to get through here. That's not long enough to do anything bad." Those were weak points. Damn. "I mean... you can't prove I'm a terrorist." 

--

July 9, 2015 at 7:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

Techno raised an eyebrow but allowed Striker to continue speaking.

"And you sir, can't prove that you aren't." He leaned back in his swivel chair, his elbows resting on its arms, electricity dancing at his fingertips. "So why don't you go back outside, and leave us be?"

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

July 9, 2015 at 8:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"We really need to get through here, a-alright?" Lawrence said, growing nervous. Crap, they were going to kill him if he ruined this. "You can keep an eye on us, we won't be here long. This is really serious, alright? We could save everyone!"

--

July 9, 2015 at 8:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"What exactly will you be doing, here?" his voice seemed to drop an octave, eyes narrowing. Striker was clearly skeptical of the boy's motives, though he maintained a relaxed posture throughout. 

Techno, however, was visibly frazzled, and kept her eyes locked on target. 

The others remained silent.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

July 9, 2015 at 8:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Y-You know about how there's an exit in this hideout, to the rest of the tunnels, right? Well, we think that someone with the ability to stop the Masked came through here." Lawrence struggled to explain. "Or, uh, is just in the tunnels in general. We just need to slip through here, and start looking for her again. We could use a second t-to sit down and take a break, though. It's been... a long day. I don't know, there're others in my group better at explaining this stuff." 

--

July 9, 2015 at 8:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"Well, I'm curious. I'm gonna let them in!" Corona smiled. Before anyone could protest, a shadowy hand extended from her back and reached all the way across the room, opening the door with the click of a button.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

July 9, 2015 at 8:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Did Lawrence somehow manage to talk them into opening up?" Hazel muttered, entering the hideout, the others following. "It's a lot like I remember."

"Except a bit touched up." King remarked. "I was worried the hideout would be destroyed, but it seems the opposite is true..." 

"T-Thank you for letting us in." Leona said quietly. "W-We'll try not to stay too long.."

--

July 9, 2015 at 8:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

Techno replied with nothing more than a glare and resumed her work, looking back occasionally to keep an eye on the others.

"So ah, where is this secret passageway you were speaking of?" Striker inquired, rising from his chair. 

"Yeah, yeah!" Corona squeaked excitedly. "Where is it?"

"Whoa uh, don't you think we should at least introduce ourselves to each other first?" Green replied.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

July 9, 2015 at 9:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Well, we're not going to be here long..." Hazel said. 

"Doesn't do any harm." Lawrence said with a shrug. "I'm Lawrence, the, uh, local intangible." 

King was busy checking around the hideout, making sure everything was in its place. "This is good. Great. Yes, looks as it shoud..."

"Don't mind King over there." Hazel said. "He and a couple others built this place, and he's just... weird." 

"This is very reasonable behaviour." King replied. " I'm making sure it's... not a disaster. Which it doesn't seem to be."

"My name's Leona." Leona said. 

--

July 9, 2015 at 9:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

Techno grunted in response and continued to work on updates and upgrades.

"My friends here call me Striker, and thus you shall adress me as so," Striker smiled, offering handshakes to everyone. "The one at the computer is Eruka, though she prefers to be referred to as Techno."

(There was an outcry of "I do not!" from the back.)

"I'm Corona Carver! Resident void caster," interjected Corona with a wide grin. "The kid behind me's named Picasso, and the tall shady man over there is Necros! I'd say he doesn't talk much, but he actually doesn't talk at all." 

"I must admit that we all have strange nicknames here," resumed Striker with a laugh.

"It's a pleasure to meet all of you. I'm Gregory Izlan. The man over there, he's my dad," Green smiled, returning Striker's handshake.

"Legion," Legion stated flatly.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

July 9, 2015 at 9:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"I'm Sage." Sage said. "It's nice to meet you all."

"Okay. Okay, it's all good. Thank you for not... er, destroying the hideout." King said, satisfied with checking the place out. He'd never expected to come back, but it was still a pleasant surprise to see it in good shape.

"M-My name's Altair." Altair said. He'd rather hesitantly taken a seat on an empty chair, making sure his cane was still in good shape. He still felt pretty out of breath from the run to the hideout... but being in a familiar place was nice. 

--

July 9, 2015 at 9:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Hoxton. Call me Hoxton." Hoxton muttered, leaning against a wall.

Rek'Sai made the ground tremor slightly.

--

July 9, 2015 at 10:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.