RES University

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Creature Roleplays > The Land of The Masked: A Fantasy Roleplay

Jade

Necros turned to Corona as if to tell her something, but no words were spoken.

Corona, however, seemed to understand what he was trying to convey.

~

"Is everyone here?" Legion asked, illuminating the cavernous tunnels with an azure bubble of light.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

July 9, 2015 at 11:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"H-Huh?" Green squeaked, nervously turning to Leona. "That was n-nothing! I'm fine, I swear."

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

July 9, 2015 at 11:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

The echo of a Masked was heard through the tunnels. But it didn't sound like one, it sounded like..many.

--

July 9, 2015 at 11:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

(cam are you dead on chatzy) 

King was about to reply, but froze at the sound of the Masked. "We're... not alone."

"Of course not." Hazel muttered.

Leona frowned, concerned and not convinced. "Green, you don't sound fine. You can tell me what it is, it m-might make you feel better." 

--

July 9, 2015 at 11:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"N-No really! I'm okay!" Green replied, his voice cracking awkwardly. He was tense, his body language stating that he was the exact opposite of fine. "W-We should get going now."

"...Wait, do you hear that?" Techno asked. "It sounds like footsteps."

"I can hear it. It's coming from the other end of the tunnel," Corona said matter-of-factly.

"Are we in danger?" whispered Picasso shyly.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

July 9, 2015 at 11:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Is it something bad?" Leona asked. "I-I can handle it, I promise. I won't tell anyone." What in the world had gotten Green like this? It was scaring her a little. "I can handle it."

"There can't be more than a few Masked over there." King said, though he knew it was more than a few. It further solidified the chance of Sadie being there, though...

--

July 9, 2015 at 11:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Corona was right - at the other end of the tunnel, Masked were appearing from around a corner. Not just a few, a lot. Loads. A horde of them, running towards them.

A dark blast of void energy erupted from the side of the tunnel wall towards the Masked, slowing the first few down as it shocked or killed them. 

Rek'Sai made a crackling noise, and the rumbling of rocks etc was heard as she moved.

--

July 9, 2015 at 11:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Don't worry, that big thing's on our side." Lawrence said, grinning. "It probably won't try to eat us."

"We still have to kill the rest of these Masked." Hazel muttered. "Don't get too happy."

--

July 9, 2015 at 11:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"I-I killed Spencer," Green cried, voice barely audible. "I panicked and he was still in the building a-and I brought the entire doorway down. I killed him. H-He's dead and it's all my fault. I-I'm so, so s-sorry."

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

July 9, 2015 at 11:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

CPD's voice was heard on the other side of the debris, which was being dug through. "COmE OuT AND PLaY LIttLE PIgGIES! I HeAR FRIENDs ON THe O-THEr SIDe OF THiS WALL... ARE THEY PLaYING CH-ASe?"

The Masked horde approached.

--

July 10, 2015 at 12:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"You've got to be kidding me!" Techno shrieked. Four, arctic green laser guns rose into the air and opened fire at the Masked, taking out a dozen or so while impeding the progress of a few others. The anxious technomancer was trying her best to maintain her composure despite the circumstances.

"Hyah!" Striker whooped, sending a brilliant spark of lightning at their opponenets, the loud buzz of electricity roaring through the tunnels.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

July 10, 2015 at 12:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Leona stoppd walking, completely froze up. She stared at the ground, trying to register the words. Green... killed Spencer? That couldn't be right. That'd never happen. "... But, n-no way." She murmured, struggling and failing to accept it. "You couldn't h-have..." It'd click, though. The doorway had collapsed rather suddenly... but.. Green killing Spencer? Spencer being dead? "M-Maybe he's..." The tears were starting to form. This couldn't be the truth. But... rationally...

The footsteps of the Masked got her walking again, but her mind was still buzzing. "This... can't be right..."

"The hybrid on one side, Masked on the other." King muttered. "And The Source getting even more of a lead."

Hazel fought with vines, Sage forming makeshift spears from the cement floor. 

"This isn't gonna work." Hazel said, frustrated. "There's too many of them, and they just keep coming... we might have to run."

--

July 10, 2015 at 12:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"What a conundrum," Striker frowned, though his eyes glinted with an adventurous spark, the spark of a challenge. He leaped forward, sending a blast of electricity from his hands and towards the Masked. Laughing, he continued with fast-paced, unpredictable attacks.

A shadowy scythe appeared at Corona's hands as she charged towards the Masked. A slice here, a slice there, a spinning-maneuver for extra kick, and soon there was a pathway of corpses at the base of her heels. She jammed the scythe into the ground and allowed the darkness to dissipate before sending it forward, forcing it upwards in the form of materialized spikes. She had taken out quite a few enemies, yes, but more and more were pouring in. 

It was obvious. They were outnumbered.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

July 10, 2015 at 12:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"I'm so s-sorry," Green squeaked, tears brimming in his eyes. "I'm so, so sorry..." 

What else could he say? What was he supposed to say? He stood there, a sobbing wreck, oblivious to the battlefield that had developed in the tunnel.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

July 10, 2015 at 12:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

One of the paths close to the group was empty. Well, it was until Tony walked out of it, turning to face the group. He turned and looked at the Masked, and walked towards the group calmly. He punched his fists together.

The Masked kept coming, and CPD kept attempting to break the debris.

--

July 10, 2015 at 12:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Oh, crap, it's him." Hazel muttered, noticing Tony. "Crap, we're dead."

"I... It's alright, Green." Leona said quietly. It wasn't okay, but... it wasn't his fault, either, was it? She had to keep herself together. 

--

July 10, 2015 at 12:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Tony paused next to a button. He looked at the group and smashed it. In front of him, a glass door closed, sealing the group away from him and the Masked. A steel panel was sliding down, too. Tony held a picture to the glass before pointing to another tunnel they could leave through.

The picture was him in his jacket, not ripped, no mask on, with a woman, most likely his girlfriend.

He turned to look at the Masked and ran at them, as the steel panel lowered completely.

--

July 10, 2015 at 12:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"He saved us..." Legion trailed off.

"I killed my best friend, Leona," Green stated, detatched.  He couldn't even look at Leona.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

July 10, 2015 at 12:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"W-Wait, what the hell..?" Hazel murmured. She'd never seen Tony as anything but a monster, having heard a fair share of Kara's rambles when she'd been alive. And now.. this? "We... we should keep going."

"It's alright." Leona said again, though she didn't at all believe it. She'd drifted a couple feet away from him. "You... you didn't mean to."

--

July 10, 2015 at 1:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"Hm, that was quite peculiar. Ah well. whoever that masked fellow was has my gratitude," Striker shrugged, striding onwards nonchalantly.

"Where are we going?" Corona asked as she skipped to the head of the group.

Legion fell back to meet up with Green and Leona, and was taken aback when she noticed his tears. "Green? Hey, what's wrong?" she asked in a gentle tone.

No response.

She turned to Leona. "Do you know what happened?"

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

July 10, 2015 at 1:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.