RES University

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Creature Roleplays > The Land of The Masked: A Fantasy Roleplay

cam6780

Crangle lowered an arm and grabbed Dave, carrying him while she walked across the ceiling, following the group at the back.

"I am li-ke a wr-ecking b-all." Dave spoke. "An extr-emely damag-ed wreck-ing ball."

--

July 25, 2015 at 10:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Watch The Source not even be here." Hazel muttered. "Watch her know we've fallen right into her trap, and collapse the goddamn ceiling." 

"It only adds up. She has to be here." King insisted. "It's the only possible explanation for the abnormal behaviour." 

Sure enough, Sadie was in the tunnels. She'd found her own little hiding place in the concrete labyrinth, a supply closet no one would look twice at. It was amazing how in a few short weeks, she'd been reduced to such a pathetic position. She should've never left her mansion. There, she'd been safe...

"Now they want me dead." She said quietly. 

--

July 25, 2015 at 10:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"Well, it looks like it's our time to shine," Striker grinned.

"Let's just get this over with," groaned Eruka.

"I wonder what she's like..." Corona cooed.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

July 25, 2015 at 10:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"For starters, she's extremely powerful." King said. "We'll need to be on our guard. I'm uncertain just how far her range reaches, but-"

He was cut off as the entire tunnel shook. Something crashed a couple halls down. 

"Speak of the devil." Lawrence muttered. "I mean, that could only be her, right?" 

"Unless there's something else down here." Sage said quietly.

Hazel didn't say anything, not convinced either way. 

She'd moved back out into the hallway, blowing up a wall for a brief escape. Sadie had found herself lost, to say the least. Just how far down underground was she? Would she be high up enough to blow through the ceiling and end up on the surface? Maybe? 

"Just keep running."

--

July 25, 2015 at 10:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Rek'Sai's crackling noises echoed through the hallways.

Crangle just followed along, still carrying Dave.

--

July 25, 2015 at 11:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

The group soon arrived at a large hole in the wall, debris and rubble scattered across the floor. It was like a bomb had gone off. 

"We may be on the right track." King said with a satisfied nod. "What else could possibly cause something like this? It must take a huge amount of telekinetic force-"

"Or maybe a bomb went off at random." Hazel interrupted.

Sadie, at long last, found a weak spot in the ceiling. she had little trouble breaking through it, causing another series of tremors in the tunnels. She ended up in, of all places, the remnants of a sports arena. Now covered in debris, vandalism, and the occasional corpse, Sadie couldn't help but wonder what it'd looked like in the days before. 

"Let's see them beat me here." She said. This was where it was going to end. But with enough bleachers to throw, and a possible army... 

She tore a chunk out of the wall. There'd be an army, alright. 

--

July 25, 2015 at 11:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"I advi-se cautio-n." Crangle spoke. That's all she said. She didn't have anything else to say.

--

July 25, 2015 at 11:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Soon, the group came across Sadie's latest addition to the tunnels: A hole in the ceiling.

"Explain that." King said, unable to hide the triumph in his voice. "Surely, only The Source-" 

The ground began to shake. Before anyone could escape, a chunk of the tunnel floor was hurled up into the arena, taking everyone with it. Sadie stood at the bleachers, and Masked were slowly piling in from a hole in the wall.

"About time you guys caught up." Sadie said, trying to keep a strong tone to her voice. 

--

July 25, 2015 at 11:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Crangle smashed into the ground with Dave, both of them sparking slightly.

"O-w." Dave spoke, twitching.

--

July 25, 2015 at 11:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Rek'Sai burst out of the ground behind the group, shrieking to announce her arrival, if the loud sounds of debris falling wasn't enough.

--

July 31, 2015 at 3:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"So you're the Source?" Corona spoke in morbid fascination once the shrieking died down. 

Meanwhile, Legion's hands lit up with a bright blue aura and posed in a battle-ready stance. Her eyes were glowing with the same azure light, one that forewarned a dangerous fight to the finish.

Striker sneered condescendingly at the child as the vibrant hum of electricity steadily rose into the air, getting louder with each passing second. "I believe she is," he replied to Corona.

"That's her? W-We have to fight her?" squeaked Picasso as he gently raised his tentacles up to fight.

-

His words were met with a cacophonic spray of silver bullets, all of which were unique to a certain single someone.

"We meet again," snarled a voice from above.

At the highest point of the sports arena stood a lone figure, surrounded by an armada of floating rifles.

Catheld had returned once more.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

July 31, 2015 at 6:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Sadie barely managed to stop the bullets, losing her footing and stumbling off the bleachers. "Oh, so there're more of you. Lovely. It's a shame your deaths are all imminent!" 

"That doesn't sound intimidating when it's coming from a twelve-year-old." Hazel deadpanned. 

"People have tried to kill me, y'know." Sadie replied, shakily getting back onto her pedestal. "A lot of people. I don't even think they knew I was the one who did all this! They're all dead now. They had some good weapons, though."

From the bleachers rose an armada of various weapons. Knives, guns, even a few bricks and broken bottles. They hovered in place behind the Source, and she tried her best at a confident grin.

"I have an army, and more weapons than anyone in the city. Bring it on."  

--

July 31, 2015 at 6:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"Oh child, don't you know that anything on a pedestal is bound to fall?" Catheld scoffed airily. She locked her eyes on her target and unleashed another explosion of gunfire, half of which were aimed not at Sadie, but instead at the pedestal she stood upon.

Corona seized the opportunity to sneak an armada of shadows across the stadium, allowing herself to gain an advantage.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

July 31, 2015 at 6:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Sadie was actually knocked over this time, and a bullet grazed her arm. She shrieked, stumbling off the bleachers, barely managing to prevent a fatal fall.

And then, the Masked started piling in. 

It was as if every Masked in the city had been summoned, and that was probably the case. Some could barely move, but crawled along anyways. And they all craved to infect. 

Sadie, meanwhile, had set her armada of weapons into action. Bullets sprayed from all directions, and knives were hurled about at random. It was chaos. She didn't care if she ended up hitting her Masked. 

"Oh, no." King murmured, backing away. 

"We need to kill the Source." Hazel said. "Then the others drop dead. Right?" 

"I-In theory." 

Hazel nodded. Good enough. "Well, I'll be right back. I have some revenge to serve." She took off, climbing up the bleachers, vines sprouting out from cracks in the structure. Sadie didn't even notice her coming until the vines were around her neck. "This is for Augustus, a-and everyone else, you bitch..."

"I-Is she crazy? What's she doing up there?!" Lawrence shouted over the chaos, Masked and bullets phasing through him. "Sadie's gonna-"

He was cut off as Sadie shrieked, the vines crushed to dust as her telekinesis took over. Hazel, being in range, suffered the same fate. The pulverized remains dropped, and Sadie went back to shooting with little trouble. "Is that all you've got!? Hah, d-don't make me laugh!"

--

July 31, 2015 at 8:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Rek'Sai saw the Masked, no, she saw food. She shrieked, digging into the ground and rising up again amongst them, slashing and biting, having the biggest buffet she'd ever had in her life.

Crangle was dragging Dave to the opposite side of the stadium, both were damaged, but Dave was the worst.

"I am un-sure of wh-at to do." Crangle murmured.

"Ag-reed."

--

July 31, 2015 at 8:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Amongst the Masked, one of them looked different.

No, not just looked, acted different.

It was covered from head to toe in blood. But it wasn't its own blood.

And it was brutally punching and kicking the other Masked to death.

It wore a familar tiger mask, and it was clear it wasn't a Masked at all.

It was Tony. 

He was alive.

The only reason Rek'Sai didn't rip his head off was because of the tunnel incident.

--

July 31, 2015 at 9:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Wait a minute, is that...?" Sage trailed off as a Masked nearly grabbed him, quickly forming a stone wall. Just how indestructible was Tony? "H-How's he alive?" 

"At this point, I'm just assuming he's immortal." Lawrence muttered.

Leona was surrounded by Masked, but making quick work of them with her appendages. They didn't even react as she impaled and flung them. 

--

July 31, 2015 at 9:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

MEI:

Catheld frowned scornfully at Hazel's demise, running across the top bleacher get a better aim at her main opponent. Her discarded weapons were now replaced by a whole new set of twelve. They fired towards the arena simultaneously, barely audible over the pandemonium of battle.

Legion charged forward, sweeping her left arm out in a horizontal arc. A brilliant light slashed through the Masked nearest to her, but many more were quickly taking their place. She sent another arc, and more succumbed to the cut.

Corona was having a fun time, using her powers to her greatest advantage. Voids suddenly opened in random intervals and swallowed their unlucky victims before quickly minimizing into nonexistence. Tendrils of darkness coiled around Masked legs, dragging them down to who even knows where. As for Corona, she continued on her merry way with a crazed smile on her face. Excitement had consumed her.

Picasso had fled to a corner and stayed the farthest away from the fight. He flung globs of ink onto the field, never daring to venture outside of what was left of his comfort zone.

--

July 31, 2015 at 9:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Outside the stadium, two people were talking, watching and listening to the chaos that raged on inside.

"It's too dangerous to go and help. I don't want either of us getting hurt." One replied to the other.

Tony, seeing Sadie, growled. He ran at Rek'Sai, who grabbed him by the foot and flung him at Sadie.

Tony kicked her in the back, and then landed on the floor again.

--

July 31, 2015 at 9:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Sadie was trying with little success to avoid the bullets, most of the time awkwardly stumbling down a couple levels of bleachers. They clattered to the floor inches away from her, and more than a couple times grazed. She tripped over her own feet, and the panic was back. "Oh, g-g-god..." She hadn't wanted to resort to it so early on, but from the looks of it, she wasnt in the best place right now. 

A wave of agony went through the arena, in an attempt to at least unbalance her opponents. 

"Guys, what's that?" Lawrence asked shakily. Even the Masked were wobbling where they stood. 

It was enough to make Sage lose focus, the walls around him crumbling for an instant. "I-I forgot she could do this..."

"Do what?"

"There's some sort of... wave... thing... I just have to-" A knife was flung from above, and he was gone before the walls could even go back up.

"... It's bad." Lawrence noted.

Sadie fell off the final stack of bleachers, slowing her fall seconds before she could've broken her neck. "C-Crap, who was...?" She whirled around, trying to get over the pain. 

--

July 31, 2015 at 9:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.