RES University

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Creature Roleplays > The Land of The Masked: A Fantasy Roleplay

cam6780

Tony punched his fists together before punching a few oncoming Masked to death, and turned back to Sadie.

Crangle guarded Dave from a small amount of Masked that had gotten by  biting their heads and other limbs off.

--

July 31, 2015 at 9:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

Legion shielded herself with a spherical barrier, sending a pulse of energy out to keep the Masked at bay as she hunted the grounds for Dave and Crangle. She had lost sight of them a short while after the Masked piled into the stadium. Cutting through the swarms of opponents, she made her way to the other side of the battlefield.

~

"But what happens if they lose?" the second voice piped up. "We can't just leave them to die."

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

July 31, 2015 at 9:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Crangle bit into the head of a Masked behind Legion. Behind her was another, about to grab her, when it was shot by a laser blast from Dave's somehow-functional arm. "I c-an st-ill a-im."

"It won't make any difference if they die. We can still live. We still have hope, Sparky. I don't want to get us killed. We've been through so many close situations already." The first voice replied.

--

July 31, 2015 at 9:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

Catheld was thrown off guard by the sudden discomfort, but quickly regained her composure. A few of the Masked had crawled up to her height, distracting her from her main target.

Striker rushed through the stadium, bursting through with power and punches. The crackling sound of electricity boomed through the air as he made his way closer to the Source.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

July 31, 2015 at 9:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"T-They're killing my army..." Sadie murmured, staying on the edge of the arena, surrounded by Masked. "They're killing all of them..." Without her Masked, all she had was a limited supply of weapons... which she was running out of, slowly but surely. 

"This is never how I imagined dealing with the Source would work." King muttered. He'd managed to grab hold of one of Sadie's guns, and had retreated to a less populated part of the arena. 

--

July 31, 2015 at 9:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"I think there's something different about this battle. I-I can feel it. Please, Mr. Skarner, if it gets too dangerous we can always run away," pleased Sparky.

~

Before anything else could happen, Legion surrounded herself, Dave, and Crangle in a large cylindrical barrier. "There. We should be safe for now."

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

July 31, 2015 at 9:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Fine. I don't know why I let you do this. Hop on." Skarner sighed. Again, she wanted to try and get herself, and him, killed. And for what? To save people he didn't even know? 

He picked Sparky up and placed her on his back, and broke through one of the stadium walls, his crystal shield active.

"Thank-s." Crangle spoke.

"Who a-re they?" Dave asked, pointing to the two newcomers.

Tony beat the everliving hell out of any Masked that came near him, moving closer towards Sadie.

Rek'Sai was just, y'know. Eating, slashing, the like.

--

July 31, 2015 at 9:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Sadie struggled to stay on the edge of the arena, and noticed two newcomers entering. "W-Wait, seriously...?!" 

"I think we're winning." King said with a grin, shooting down another couple of Masked. "I think we're winning!" 

"We still need to kill Sadie." Lawrence reminded him. 

"What is she without her army?!"

"Telekinetic. Evil." 

--

July 31, 2015 at 9:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

With raw adrenaline surging through his veins, Striker jumped up at the Source with both his hands held high above his head, clasped together in tight fists. He brought them down on her with a mighty burst of electricity.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

July 31, 2015 at 9:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

Eruka had made great progress in rendering Sadie's weapons useless, countering them with weapons of her own.

Xerox, yes, Xerox, had returned to the final battle. He sniped at the Masked from a building not too far from the arena itself.

Corona ceased the usage of the voids and simply attacked with the shadows she had readied at the beginning of the fight.

Sparky shot sparks of electricity at the Masked nearby, reducing them to fried remains.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

July 31, 2015 at 9:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Sadie was knocked over, releasing a burst of telekinetic force a second too late. The damage was done, and she had trouble getting back on her feet. Injuries were starting to pile up... "D-Damn you all... damn you all!" She screeched. 

"The Masked're... getting weaker." Leona said quietly. Their movements had become almost sluggish, and some just dropped where they stood. "I think they're getting weaker." 

--

July 31, 2015 at 9:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Skarner easily crushed Masked with his claws, and stayed closed to Sparky, killing the ones that got close.

Tony and Rek'Sai slaughtered Masked even more, both close to Sadie now.

Crangle and Dave were just chilling with Legion in the shield.

--

July 31, 2015 at 10:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

Striker managed to evade the telekinetic attack, but someone had to suffer the blow. Catheld was sent flying out of the stadium, crashing hard into the building behind her.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

July 31, 2015 at 10:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Sadie kept backing away, not afraid to use her Masked army as a shield. "G-Get away from me..."  She was starting to panic, no point in denying it. Could this... really, seriously be the end? 

The Masked weren't doing too well any more. As Sadie's condition worsened, the Masked began dropping by the dozen. It was clear who was winning the war. 

"I hope it's sunny outside." Lawrence mused to himself. "It's, like, perpetually cloudy in here. It'll be nice not to be surrounded by walls, too." He didn't even notice when Masked fell right through him. 

--

July 31, 2015 at 10:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"Whoa, you're about my age!" Corona said excitedly as she walked towards Sadie. "I kind of wish we could've been friends. I guess I'll have to kill you now, though. No hard feelings!" 

A dark scythe materialized at her fingertips as she walked closer to her opponent.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

July 31, 2015 at 10:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Sadie shrieked, struggling to throw away the stranger with her telekinesis, but something... wasn't working. Something was wrong. She barely mustered up the strength to start radiating pain again. "P-P-Please, l-l-let me just... get out of here... n-n-nothing's working." She'd gone from a grand villain to a little girl begging for her life in mere minutes.

"The Masked are just... dying now." Altair murmured. He'd been quite literally backed into a corner, with only his cane to defend himself, when they'd started dropping. Had they won? 

King looked around, trying to find even the slightest sign of movement. "They're... all gone?" 

--

July 31, 2015 at 10:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"Aww, that's a shame," Corona replied with a shrug, raising the scythe above her head in preparation for the final swing.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

July 31, 2015 at 10:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"P-Please... don't..." Sadie trailed off. There was no point in begging for mercy. She'd killed thousands. Ruined the lives of a thousand more. 

"And I guess this is where it ends." King said quietly. It felt almost surreal, as he watched from afar. With this, the Source would finally be destroyed, and they'd all be free. He didn't approach, worried that doing so could possibly ruin the scene before him.

--

July 31, 2015 at 10:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

Corona pursed her lips and brought the scythe down, purposely falling centimeters short from her target. The scene was flooded with tumbling, inky waves of darkness. Thus, Corona spoke her last regards.

"Run."

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

July 31, 2015 at 10:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Sadie was stunned silent, unable to believe she was being spared. She backed away. "T-Thank... thank you." She said quietly, taking a couple more steps backwards before whirling around breaking into a run. The Source ran, and ran, and ran, until she was out of sight. 

"S-She's dead?." King murmured, disbelieving. He glanced around, suddenly paranoid the Masked would rise again to strike. It couldn't really be over, could it? Even if the Source dropped dead... 

A most unusual sound could be heard in the distance: Helicopters. A lot of them. 

"What's going on?" Leona asked quietly.

--

July 31, 2015 at 10:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.