RES University

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Creature Roleplays > The Land of The Masked: A Fantasy Roleplay

Jade

"Yep, she's gone," Corona replied confidently as her scythe dissolved into the shadows.

"Helicopters?" Eruka frowned, squinting at the sky.

"Sounds about right," Striker nodded, following her gaze.

"I-Is it over?" asked Picasso.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

July 31, 2015 at 10:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"I guess we're getting out of here now." Lawrence grinned. "It's been a fun time, but really, I can't wait to-" He stopped suddenly. "Wait... what?" The shadow's entire lower half had faded. 

"Lawrence, are you alright?" Leona asked quietly. 

"This... is fine." Lawrence replied, trying to keep a smile. "I guess Lance is officially dead, so... so am I. Heh. Go see the outside world for me, okay guys?" He tried to wave, but most of his hand had disappeared. "Be safe. Have fun. Live somewhere other than an apocalypse."

And as the helicopters arrived above the arena, the shadow disappeared.

--

July 31, 2015 at 10:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"Farewell," Striker said with a wave of his hand.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

July 31, 2015 at 10:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

The helicopters landed, and a couple figures in hazmat suits stepped out. 

"Well, I never thought the day would come." One said, rather dumbfounded. They took caution to not step on any dead Masked as they approached the group. "So. I guess that ends that." 

"Are you here to take us to safety?" Leona spoke up. 

The stranger exchanged a look with their friend. "Well, we say with confidence that it's the safest place we've got right now. If you could just come with us, we'll fill you all in on the details." 

"The walls'll be opening up, soon. That'll be nice, and any other survivors can make their way inside." The other one said happily. "This place has just been one big quarantine zone all this time... it hardly matters now, though." 

"What... do you mean?" King asked quietly. 

"That's not important. We can talk about it when we reach the shelter." 

--

July 31, 2015 at 11:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

And so they followed, exhausted from the battle that had sealed the fates of everyone involved. Picasso stayed behind Corona, and Necros lingered near the rear of the group. 

Legion released her hold on the barrier and walked along with the rest of her companions.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

July 31, 2015 at 11:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Everyone made their way to the helicopters, and they took off. 

From a bird's eye view, the city looked pretty much as expected: Completely and utterly destroyed. But as they got a view of the world beyond the wall, they were greeted with the exact same thing. 

"What happened here?" King asked again. "W-What's going on?" 

It was a flight that only lasted for a few minutes, and they landed at what appeared to be the remnants of a station of some sort. 

"Okay, it's not much further from here. Then we'll spill the beans." The pilot assured him. "Just come with me, we'll be safe pretty soon. This place is pretty isolated on its own."

--

July 31, 2015 at 11:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"Safe? You mean we aren't safe now?" Eruka grimaced.

"What happened here? I thought the Masked outbreak was centered around a single city." Gregory looked around, displeased. The Masked were quarantined, right? So why was the world outside the walls no different from where they'd just been?

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

July 31, 2015 at 11:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"We were... betrayed." The pilot admittered, leading everyone out. "We were trying to work on a cure, but one of the head scientists used our studies for... other things." 

"Other things?" King echoed. "B-But... surely, ending the apocalypse could be the only goal in mind, right?" 

The station was surprisingly well-kept, the only hint of damage a rather large hole in the middle of the floor with a stairway. 

"The shelter's just through here." The pilot promised. "And, uh, yeah... we were betrayed." 

"So, someone recreated the infection." Altair concluded. "Why... w-why would someone do that?" 

The pilot merely shrugged.

--

July 31, 2015 at 11:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"How unfortunate," Striker frowned.

"Thank you for resc-" Green began, but he was quickly interrupted.

"Another outbreak? Seriously? We barely survived the last one!" whined Techno.

"That's fantastic. I'm going to find whoever did this and strangle them with my bare hands," Legion stated in a flat tone, despite the smile on her face.

-

"Do you still have the research?" Corona asked curiously.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

July 31, 2015 at 11:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"We do, but we're not getting anywhere with it." The pilot replied grimly. "Anyway, after all you've been through, you're more than welcome to stay here. It's got enough supplies to care for the entire city and then some." 

The shelter, it turned out, lived up to its name. It was an underground paradise of sorts, with a town square ahead where people chattered and strolled as though there was nothing wrong with the world. Stands selling various things could be seen, and many tunnels branched out, perhaps leading to even more places. 

"How long did this take to build...?" Altair murmured. 

"It was in the works since the first Masked outbreak, even though the city was in quarantine. People wanted a backup in case things... got out of hand." 

--

July 31, 2015 at 11:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Tony watched the helicopters leave, refusing to go with them. He didn't do well in groups. And, well, he wasn't looking very trust-worthy. Out of his pocket, he pulled out a blood-stained photo of him and his girlfriend, taken a long time ago. He stared at it for a while, pulling his mask off. He looked to the sky. "I've avenged you." He spoke for the first time in ages. 

He put his mask back on, photo in pocket, and went out of the stadium to explore the rest of the city. And the world, alone.

Alone in the streets, a woman walked past the dead Masked. The walls were gone. Now, she could see what the world had become. Probably destroyed. It made no difference. Nobody could boss her around. After all, she had a...special talent like no other...no other...thing. She wasn't human, clearly. But it didn't matter. She could explore now.

The shelter was awkwardly small for Skarner and Rek'Sai. They'd occasionally scrape against the walls as they followed the group. Eventually, they just went outside. They'd come in if they were needed. 

Rek'Sai made a great corpse-remover, anyway.

Crangle had begun to work on repairing herself and Dave with various tools and metal scraps that nobody had wanted.

"We will be abl-e to walk and tal-k again if things go well." Crangle murmured.

"Cele-bratory mu-sic is in or-der." Dave spoke, playing a little tune from his collection of music stored in his memory drives. It cut out at certain points, but was still good for the mood.

Crangle laughed slightly before going back to work.

--

August 1, 2015 at 12:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"See, Mr. Skarner?" Sparky chirped with a pleasant smile. "It all works out in the end."

-

Suddenly, a young girl burst through the crowd and ran up to the group of survivors with an eager expression on her face. She couldn't have been any older than 10, and seemed to radiate the plucky energy of an unaffected youth. "The city, what was it like inside the quarantine?" she sputtered in a rush, all of her words seeming to mash together in an excited garble. 

"Horrible," the technomancer replied scornfully before proceeding to ignore the child in favor of marveling at the technological advancements of the hidden city.

"It was a nightmare," Gregory added with a blank expression.

Striker pulled the girl to the side and began to elaborate on their many adventures with great verve, as if their tale were one that would typically be told to children.

The others, with the exception of Corona, tuned out the sound of his voice. They didn't feel the need to relive the most horrible years of their lives.

Necros had long absconded and was nowhere to be seen.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

August 1, 2015 at 12:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"I suppose. But do not expect me to make friends with them any time soon. We do not know what will come up in the future, at all. Trust is one of the most important things you can have in a world like this. Right now, I am not feeling a lot of it with these people. But we will just have to wait and see what the future brings us in this world, wether it is a rescue, or an army of the monsters coming for us. Only time can tell."  Skarner replied as he watched the outside world. 

--

August 1, 2015 at 9:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

To explain how Tony's survived a ton of stuff..

As Tony walked, he felt a cold chill pass by. And it stayed. He'd felt this before. The thing had come to speak with him once more.

It appeared through black and blue mist, it was a dragon with purple eyes. It looked at him before it spoke.

"Are you confused?" It asked.

Tony nodded. He was supposed to be dead. He'd avenged his girlfriend. Sadie, the girl who had killed her, was dead. 

"You only wither when you get your revenge." The ghostly dragon spoke.

"But I did." Tony replied.

"No. She still lives." 

Tony said nothing for a while. He remembered the girl that had 'killed' Sadie...why had she let her flee? He'd kill them both. And he wouldn't rest until Sadie was dead. Neither would the spirit. When she died, his soul would finally be at peace. 

The spirit left Tony alone on the streets with newfound rage, and purpose. To kill two very important people. Corona, was one. The one that had prevented him from getting his revenge, and Sadie, the one that had caused all this in the first place.

A voice spoke to him.

"Tony."

It was very familiar.

Turning, he saw a man in a busted up bombsuit, the same black mist the spirit used fading away from him, too.

The Gardener.

--

August 7, 2015 at 7:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.