RES University

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Planning Pages, ect. > Things and Stuff | Planning Page

Jade

Character dialogue and development, along with plot ideas. This is basically just a massive charrie and dialogue dump for me, myself, and I.

Ye.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 26, 2014 at 4:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

Prairie: This character has a generally happy and positive outlook on life, and is relatively innocent. However, this character has a rather questionable morality and is fond of disproportionate retribution.

~

"Okay, look. We get it, you're alone, and scared, and you've probably been ignored for all of  your life. I get it, that sucks. But see, you can take your Freudian excuse, and kind of just shove it straight up your butt, because your tragic backstory doesn't change the fact that you are a horrible person who does horrible things. And so, with that said, EN GUARDE fvckboy" (Because I spend too much time on Tumblr)

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 26, 2014 at 5:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

Okay  so, Prairie uses lots and lots of pauses to emphasize her points in speaking. That said, she's fond of transition words and choppy sentence structures. She's also kinda childish.

Drosera, as  a result of her wealthy upbringing, has eloquence in her speech, using long, elaborate sentence structures and unecessary substitutions for everyday words to make herself seem intelligent. She enjoys using her exceptional vocabulary for verbal annihilation via sarcasm.

Aria's pretty chill. She's laid back, casual. Her speech pattern seems kinda lazy, haha. I dunno, I guess that's just how she is, man.

Sparky speaks really simple! And she's really enthusiastic about what she says! She doesn't use huge words, but she's only six. It makes sense!

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 26, 2014 at 5:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

Then there's Green. He's short and concise with words, occasionally stuttering when upset or nervous. Although he shows some form of sophistication in his speech, he isn't nearly as eloquent as Drosera. He's simple when it comes to speaking.

Legion's speech is clearly staccato. Her words are straight to the point. Her voice has a cold, authoritarian tone.

~

I might do more later. :P

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 26, 2014 at 6:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

Green speaks like a protagonist from a YA book. But not a John Green book.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 26, 2014 at 6:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

In a way, this is like a "personal page" for world-building ideas.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 26, 2014 at 6:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

Words to Use:

immolate: to sacrifice; to destroy by fire

pabulum: material for intellectual nourishment; food

banal: so lacking in originality as to be obvious and boring

vapid: offering nothing that is stimulating or challenging

insipid: lacking flavor; lacking vigor or interest

trite: (of a remark, opinion, or idea) overused and consequently of little import; lacking originality or freshness

bromidic: without orginality or interest

serendipity: pleasant surprise

surreptitious: kept secret, especially because it would not be approved of

clandestine: kept secret or done secretively, especially because illicit

penultimate: second to last

austere: severe or strict in manner, attitude, or appearance; (of living conditions or a way of life) having no comforts or luxuries

anchorite: a religious recluse

abysmal: apalling

poignant: evoking a keen sense of sadness and regret;  sharp or pungent in taste or smell

obsequious: obedient or attentive to an excessive or servile degree:

didactic: in the manner of a teacher, particularly so as to treat someone in a patronizing way

sardonic: grimly mocking or cynical

scurrilous: making or spreading scandalous claims about someone with the intention of damaging their reputation; humorously insulting 

vituperative: bitter and abusive

garrulous: excessively talkative, especially on trivial matters

fervid: intensely enthusiastic or passionate, especially to an excessive degree; burning, hot, or glowing.

desiccate: lacking interest, passion, or energy; dry

vintner: a wise merchant

lissome: thin and graceful

svelte: slender and elegant

assuage: make an unpleasant feeling less intense; satisfy

obstreperous: noisy and difficult to control 

sycophant: a suck-up

vehement: showing strong feeling; forceful, passionate, or intense

invective: insulting, abusive, or highly critical language

ebullient: cheerful and full of energy

jocular: humorous or playful

recalcitrant: rebellious; a rebellious person

rapacious: aggressively greedy

slovenly: careless, excessively casual; messy

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 26, 2014 at 8:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

Mismatched House

You're invited to a party. Every hour, an invitee dies of a mysterious cause. The deaths grow more gruesome as time marches on. Meanwhile, the furniture in the house changes each hour, along with the number of rooms in the house. 

Plot twist: Each room is made up of a dead person, decorated in their own style. 

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 26, 2014 at 8:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

A culture derived from eloquence, knowledge, and intelligence. The richest, most powerful people have the highest vocabularies. Criminals have their tongues removed.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 26, 2014 at 8:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

An elite, cannibalistic society in which high-class people pay money to eat "exclusive, gourmet food".

Which is poor people.

It's messed up, yeah.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 26, 2014 at 8:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

An anarchistic society where wealthy folk are immolated in their own homes. 

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 26, 2014 at 8:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

We're learning about culture in AP Human Geography class. 

That is my explanation of the above prompts.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 26, 2014 at 8:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

A young girl who lives in a living mansion. The mounted heads upon the living room walls are alive, the carpets are made of grass, the stained-glass butterflies in the third floor bathroom are actually just great at mimicry.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 26, 2014 at 9:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

Hyacinth rolled to the side, barely evading a spiral of fervid flames that would have otherwise immolated her.

"That's hardly fair, bringing a flamethrower to a swordfight," she muttered bitterly, leaping onto a large rock. The words left a sour taste in her mouth, for it foreshadowed an inevitable loss.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 26, 2014 at 9:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"Now then, where were we?" - Hyacinth (patient undertones, implications of consideration of other people's feelings)

"Shall we resume?" - Drosera (domineering undertones, implications of arrogance, may sound sarcastic or bored)

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 26, 2014 at 9:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

Hyacinth despises losing and is highly concientious. 

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 26, 2014 at 9:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"My stars," she breathed, "you're alive."

He returned an empty stare before releasing a long, heavy sigh. "Aye, I suppose."

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 26, 2014 at 9:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

She stopped dead in her tracks, the light of excitement fading from her eyes as she studied his cold, hard face. "What have they done to you?" she whispered softly, crestfallen. "What... have they done..."

The boy shrugged, turning away.

At that moment, she knew he was gone. She had to learn to accept it. After all, it was unheard of for anyone to emerge from a war without casualties.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 26, 2014 at 9:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"Aye, sir, my apologies. I am continuously unaware of my surroundings."

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

November 26, 2014 at 9:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"Thou art insufferable, pretentious, im-''

''Says the one referring to me as 'thou'."

--