RES University

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Planning Pages, ect. > Sucking at Something Is the First Step Towards Being Sorta Good At Something | by Jake! At the Disco

Jade

Was this supposed to be a clever reference or was it just me being a piece of stupid?

*licks a tootsie pop* The world may never know!

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

December 5, 2014 at 6:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

This planning page is specifically for collaborations with other people, such as roleplays, stories, and things of the like.

Feel free to get inspiration from my ideas, but please give credit.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

December 5, 2014 at 6:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

Specifically AU things.

~

Roleplays with a Powerful Main Villain, (archetype: Good vs. Evil) 

We see these types of things all the time, in pop culture and various forms of media. We see it in Harry Potter, we see it in Percy Jackson, we see it in Adventure Time, we see it in Pokemon games, we see it in Mario games, we see it virtually everywhere. But say you wanna do a thing with this main idea. The classical "good vs. evil'' scenario. You're tired of the typical "heroes go on a quest and defeat the baddie" charade. Let's face it, it's old, it's overused, and it's frankly quite boring to repeat. Save it for the quick-save charrie chats. (Unless you're into this stuff. In that case, good for you, do what you want! Nobody's stopping you.)

But say you wanna mix it up a little. You've got the developed characters. You've got the main plot down. You've got, well, almost got the setting set and done. But what about the world? What about the adventure? Life isn't all about "good vs. evil", it's about the little things that make it special. So let's make your story/roleplay/whatever sick as frick. 

Here we go!

• Powerful villains, ones that are able to bring the world to its knees as an almighty dictator, or ones with the power capacity to begin the whole darn apocalypse, they don't usually come as a blatant bad guy. They'll usually have a few loyal followers, a brainwashed worshipper who thinks they're some sort of Dark Messiahhere and there, and the people  who follow out of fear. Nevertheless, to spice up your thingadiddledoo, give your villain some followers.
  • Don't use bad filler! Things that happen in stories always have some sort of effects on the world it takes place in, occasionally even changing the life or death of a character. Someone dies? Alright, cool. But how does that effect everyone? Think: If it doesn't really affect the characters or the world, it isn't significant and therefore could even be considered pointless. In cases like these, you might be too wrapped up in the shock value of it all, or just lazy at writing. Either way, give your characters purpose. Just like in reality, everyone has a thing or two they do that changes the entire life of someone else. The same thing goes for events. So, with that said, make sure your "filler" either elaborates on your characters' developments or provokes the development of a character.
  • Try adding subplots! Subplots are a great way to keep your audience interested, and could easily make your thingafliparoo much less predictable. So the heroes are on their way to fight the villain and... What's this? Now they've been robbed by thieves and taken to a hostage site to be used for ransom. Whoa, plot twist! Now find a way to tie it in to the main plot. If you can, great, you've done a successful subplot. A round of applause to you! Buuut if you can't? Don't do it. (Unless you want to, cuz like, it's your thinaporkapling, y'know?) Try to keep your subplots on topic, so it doesn't seem too random or rushed or even as if it were a bad filler. Never veer from the main plot.

Anyways, that's all I have for now. If it helped you, that's super rad! Tell me about it by commenting on my profile.

And if it didn't? Well, I tried. Not really. I was actually typing ideas for a roleplay and it somehow turned into an advice column type thing. Hey, I'm a mediocre, 14-year-old spawn of tomfoolery who owns a laptop.

Did you expect me to actually be good at writing?

Nah, lol.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

December 5, 2014 at 6:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

WHAT THE FRICK I COULD'VE BASICALLY WRITTEN MY BOOK REPORT HOMEWORK

WHY DID I EVEN DO THIS NOBODY READS MY PAGES

NOT EVEN I READ MY PAGES

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

December 5, 2014 at 6:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.