RES University

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Creature Roleplays > Together: Delusion - A Creature Roleplay

cam6780

It had been many years after Grace had her coma, worrying the entire school, and her parents. She, and her friends of course, had grown up since then, leading normal lives as adults. However, on this day, when they scheduled a small get together, they had no idea that their entire lives were about to change.

“Oh, I can’t wait to see everyone again, Daniel. It’s been such a long time.” Grace sighed, walking down the street, holding Daniel’s hand.

“I suppose so. It’ll be nice to see them again. Maybe Paul will actually speak.” Daniel chuckled.

“Yes, I hope so. Oh, look, we’re here!” Grace spoke up, walking into the park.

Ahead were a few small, wooden tables, each with umbrellas protecting them from the bright sun. A few birds in the green trees nearby were chirping.

“I think we picked a nice location.” Grace nodded, sitting down at a table. “Now to wait for the others.”

A few moments later, a man and a woman were walking towards them, side by side.

“Grace?” Called the woman.

“Clara! Nice to see you again!” Grace said, standing up and giving her a hug.

“Nice to see you too, Grace. You too, Daniel.”

Daniel replied with a nod, looking at the man. “Hey, Stan. Long time no see, huh?”

“Yeah. Nice to know you’re doing well.” Stanley replied, shaking Daniel’s hand.

Three more men approached.

“Paul, Frank and Ash. Hey guys.” Clara waved.

Paul only gave a nod of greeting, and Ash said a quiet ‘Hello.’

Frank just looked at her, imitating the wave.

“Quiet as usual, huh?” Daniel asked.

“Yes. And that won’t change, I think.” Ash replied.

“Still like pirates Frank?”

“That better not be an insult.”

“No, no, of course not.”

“Then yes. I do.”

The group talked for a while, before dark clouds appeared over the city.

The birds had stopped chirping, flying off.

“Hey...what’s with the sudden weather change?” Grace asked.

Lightning flashed, along with a brief image of a fox like creature, with a creepy grin. It was gone in a second.

“A..anyone else see that?” Clara asked, sticking close to Stanley.

“Yeah. This ain’t normal.” Daniel murmured.

Another flash of lightning, oddly, there was no thunder at all.

The trees had lost all their leaves, and the grass had turned a dark greenish brown. Buildings that once stood tall had now been badly damaged, or crumbled to the ground.

Other bystanders were freaking out, like any average person would do, running, or staying in place, frozen in shock.

And then, it went silent.

It began to rain as another flash of lightning appeared. But it wasn’t just rain that had appeared.

In front of the group of friends, was a large, bulky figure. It wore a dark violet fedora, and a suit of the same colour. All you could see of its face were its two large, white eyes, staring into their souls.

“Welcome, Grace and friends. I really hope you remember your coma, Grace. It might be useful. Things are going to change around here, starting with you, and then the world.”

He sent a wave of shadows out around him, in a full circle.

The waves hit the group and many bystanders, transforming them from humans, into creatures.

Grace had turned into a green dragon. Daniel, a tall, shadow like being.

Clara had transformed into a large bird, with icy blue eyes and grey wings.

Stanley was a large werewolf, with iron-like armour on his shoulders.

Frank, a large shadow dragon with dark purple eyes.

Ash, a medium sized shadow wolf, with yellow eyes.

And Paul, the most disturbing of them all, a floating ghost-like figure, with a plague doctor’s mask and a pitch black leather hat.

“You may be wondering where your precious friend Thomas is. Long story short, he’s dead. And hopefully, you will be too, when I finish off….something else. Don’t worry, I’ll keep you busy so you don’t get bored. Oh, and, call me Rukk.” The figure spoke, vanishing, leaving them behind in this twisted version of their world. At least they were Together.

December 24, 2014 at 11:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Surprise!

The group looked at themselves in shock and horror.

"What the hell did that thing do to us?!" Daniel yelled.

"This has GOT to be a dream. It HAS to be. These kinds of things don't exist!" Clara wailed.

"I think this is real." Paul murmured. His voice was more echo-y now. And it scared him.

Grace seemed to be the most disturbed, as she thought this was all familiar...somehow....

--

December 24, 2014 at 11:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Hazel glanced around, hastily getting to her feet. Vines seemed to sprout up from under the ground as she moved. "W-What in the world just happened...?"

"Something damn weird..." Amethyst muttered. "The weather's suddenly awful, there was some kind of... shadowy wave... the hell's going on!?" Suddenly, her hands caught fire, which burned with an odd violet light. "Oh. That's... fire. Yeah. That is most certainly fire. What the hell?!"

"Okay. Suddenly, plants are acting weird around Hazel, and Amethyst is some sorta... werewolf thing... with flaming hands. I should've known coming outside today was a bad idea." Gardenia murmured. "D-Did anything happen to me?"

"You're completely headless, Gardenia." Amethyst replied, deadpan. 

--

December 24, 2014 at 2:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Jesus. Looks like it affects everyone." Stanley grunted, looking around at other people turning into monsters, and the trio of Hazel, Amethyst and Gardenia.

"We aren't stuck like this forever, are we?!" Clara wailed again, horrified.

"Calm down! Everyone, calm down. We aren't dead, okay? We'll sort this out, somehow.." Ash spoke up.

"What if that thing kills us? It said it would!" Clara responded, in complete panic.

"He won't, alright? Calm down." Ash replied, in a calm tone. "Look, if we were still human, he'd have killed us WAY easier."

"Any ideas on returning this place to normal?" Daniel asked.

"I think we start by finding that guy..Rukk or whatever he said he was called." Stanley nodded. "We'll kill the thing, human or not."

Grace stayed silent. This was all so familiar...she'd seen this before...these creatures..she knew them.

--

December 24, 2014 at 2:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Gardenia heard the discussion between the group. They seemed to know what was going on... "H-Hey. What're you guys talking about? Do you know what's happened...?" She began walking over to them, then suddenly... disappeared. Only to reappear again, a feew feet closer. "... Because, if it's not obvious, weird things're happening."

--

December 24, 2014 at 2:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"HOLY-" Stanley yelled, falling over, startled by Gardenia teleporting. "What the hell, did you just teleport?!"

"Well, clearly we're not human anymore. If you saw, there was a figure that appeared here, causing all of this. Our best bet is to find him. He said he'd kill us eventually, so. I suggest we get to him before he does that." Paul responded. After he spoke, he looked to the floor, nervous with his altered voice..and looks.

--

December 24, 2014 at 2:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"I guess I did." Gardenia replied, shrugging. 

"So, we have to kill someone. Or, at least, stop him from killing us." Hazel concluded. "Well, er, it's alright if we tag along, right?"

"If someone's done this to us, I'd like to give them a piece of my mind." Amethyst piped up, her hands in flames again. "Oh, dammit, the fire's back..."

--

December 24, 2014 at 2:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"The more the merrier, am I right?" Stanley said, looking at Grace.

Grace wasn't moving, staring at the floor, a look of fear in her eyes.

"..Am I right? Grace? Hey, you okay?"

"....This...this is....so familiar..it can't be..but..it is.." Grace murmured.

"Uhh...what." Stanley said, confused.

--

December 24, 2014 at 2:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Familiar?" Hazel echoed. "Has... something like this happened before?"

--

December 24, 2014 at 2:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"You all remember my coma, right? Back in school? It was in the news, too. I was out for weeks, apparently. During that time....I dreamed. And...you were all in that dream." Grace murmured.

"So? All of us in a dream, so what?" Stanley grunted.

"...But we weren't human in the dream. We were...these...maybe it was my imagination..I..I don't.." Grace trailed off.

"Wait, so, you IMAGINED me as a BIRD?" Clara snapped.

"Sorry. Childhood imagination. But now it's a reality....maybe he's using my own imagination to mess up the world by bringing it to life?" Grace looked up at the group, expecting a reply or something.

--

December 24, 2014 at 2:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"I think I remember hearing about that from a friend." Gardenia spoke up. "So, we're dealing with some kind of entity that can read minds, memories, or imaginations or whatever?"

"Great." Amethyst sighed. "So, this creature with these terrifying powers is the enemy."

--

December 24, 2014 at 2:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"I suppose so. But he screwed up by turning us into these things. We've got strength now. I think we could beat him if we worked together." Daniel nodded.

"But where'd he go?" Frank asked.

"We'll have to find out, somehow." Ash nodded.

--

December 24, 2014 at 2:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Sounds like an adventure. And I guess we'll stand more of a chance..." Gardenia paused, vaguely gesturing to the group. "Uh, like this." 

"Hunting him down may be easier said than done, though." Hazel murmured. "Especially if we don't even know where to start looking."

--

December 24, 2014 at 2:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Yeah. Big city. We don't even have any clues to where he coulda gone." Stanley grunted.

"Well, maybe we should find a..safer...quieter place before we head off...I mean...things are going crazy around us." Grace suggested.

--

December 24, 2014 at 3:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"That would be an understatement." Amethyst remarked. "People are freaking out left and right after what happened."

"Can't really blame them." Hazel said. "But, uh, yeah, a quieter place to discuss all of this would be nicer."

--

December 24, 2014 at 3:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Quiet place. I know place. Quiet. Home." Frank spoke up.

Grace moved close to the trio, speaking in a whisper. "Be careful of Frank. He's nice, but he's....he can be a bit violent if you upset him. It isn't his fault...but...yes, please do try not to anger him." She turned to Frank. "Okay, Frank. Lead the way."

Frank turned, walking down the street. Buildings were crumbling and such, and random creatures were running around in fear. Frank made loud footsteps as he walked.

--

December 24, 2014 at 3:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Of course." Hazel replied quietly, smiling. "We'll try not to."

And so, everyone followed Frank.

--

December 24, 2014 at 3:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Random fires burst from windows in buildings, and lights flickered. The walk was surprisingly quick, about two minutes.

They reached a small house, in the middle of two large apartments.

"They try to knock my home down to build apartment. I say no. Every week. Annoying." Frank grunted, walking up to the house. 

--

December 24, 2014 at 3:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"It's a nice house." Hazel commented. "I can see why you want to keep it." 

--

December 24, 2014 at 3:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Thank you." Frank nodded. "Door too small for me now. Go inside. I find own way. Grace. You know bookshelf book, pull it?" 

"Yes, Frank, I remember." Grace nodded.

"Good. I see you soon." Frank said, waiting for everyone to head inside.

--

December 24, 2014 at 3:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.