RES University

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Creature Roleplays > Together 2: Nightmares

cam6780

It'd been a month or so after the carnage that was Rukk's rule over the world.

All the death and suffering seemed like long ago, but it wasn't forgotten.

Rukk had captured select creatures, containing them in capsules that made them think they were in a different reality. They were freed, and took the fight to him.

Grace, the holder of the Sword of Life, defeated Rukk with much needed assistance from the other creatures. But in doing so, had killed herself, too.

A memorial for the heroes had been built, outside of a brand new mall. Each statue was made with stone, crafted by people like Ace and Crack. 

Today, the mall opens.

Everyone's recieved a letter from Ace himself, delivered by Leafy, who's now more of a messenger than a weak thing everyone knew.

It reads -

"Hey! This is a letter to inform you that you've been invited to my new mall that I've been working on. I noticed that people were lacking things they wanted, or, needed, and such have created something special for it. The machines will be used in the mall, which will open today, very soon. There'll be a red ribbon and everything. It'll be cool, I hope. Anyway, you don't NEED to go, it's just that I'd like you to!"

- Ace

It was an average, sunny day, the heat not too bad, just about right.

At the mall, the entrance was blocked off by a red ribbon, some cutters laid next to them. Above the entrance, was a large glass window, tinted a light blue.

There was a small podium near the entrance with a microphone that Ace stood near, having his own conversation with Crack.

A lot of others were already at the event, too, such as Daniel, Clara, Stanley, the like. Heck, even Elizabeth was there, with her sister, Craixen.

There was a lot of noise from the talking.

Enough noise so that nobody could hear the conversation going on inside....

--

March 27, 2015 at 10:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

For now, the fun parts won't start until we have everyone. You may have your characters speak with those at the event, however. 

I'll put in a full cast list so you know who I will be using. It will grow as the roleplay moves on.

Current Cast (Cam) :

Daniel

Paul

Clara

Stanley

Ash

Ace

Crack

The Band

Salem

Leafy

Flying Flame Members (Phoenix, Pyre, Fawkes)

--

March 27, 2015 at 10:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Current Cast: (Mei)

Aimee

Styx Lysander (Goes by Styx)

--

March 27, 2015 at 10:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

My cast is probably going to end up growing a least a little bit, but I'm gonna start wiiiith

Amethyst

Red

Augustus

Hazel

--

March 27, 2015 at 10:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"I haven't seen Frank for...a..well..ever since he ran off. You think he's okay?" Clara asked, talking to Stanley.

"He'll be fine. I'm sure he'll show up later on. Trust me." Stanley nodded. "For now, just enjoy this. It's kinda rare something like this happens, so enjoy it while it lasts, I suppose."

"True.." Clara murmured.

"A shame that Paws couldn't make it. Busy with his own little disco, and some more touches since repairs." Ace sighed.

"Yeah. Oh well, I'm sure this'll be, y'know. Cool." Crack nodded.

"I hope people like it." Ace said, looking at the mall.

"Dude, I swear if people start walking out of this mall with all pink stuff, I'm OUT of here." Pyre muttered.

"Relax." Fawkes sighed. "Besides, people can buy what they want. If purchasing is an option."

"So, Daniel, how are things?" Ash asked.

"Moderate." Daniel replied, shrugging.

"C'mon, man. get over Grace's death. She made the right choice."  Ash sighed.

"It would be best not to discuss this topic." Paul muttered.

A rolling noise was heard, and Tom arrived, switching to his standing form. "Hey guys, is it open yet? Did I miss it?"

"No." Paul replied, shaking his head slightly.

--

March 27, 2015 at 11:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Eeeee, I'm so excited! I can't wait to go on a shopping spree! It's been ages~" Hazel was in one of her more rambly moods, and Augustus was stuck listening to her. She was pacing around, dragging him along, trying to get a look at every inch of the building's exterior.

"Haha. This is going to be... yeah. Fun." Augustus muttered, pretending to listen.

"So, malls are places where people get stuff?" Red asked.

"Yeah." Amethyst replied, for probably the thid time. Who the hell had so much trouble understanding the concept of a mall? 

Red, apparently.

"They're, like, big thing-getting places." Red nodded, almost approvingly. "That sounds nice. I like that idea."

--

March 27, 2015 at 11:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Mei:

A lean, muscular boy who seemed to have been arriving near his adult years ambled through the opened door of the mall and scuffed his shoes along the carpeted floor as his lazy gaze drifted to the sky-high ceiling. With his warm hands shoved deep into the pockets of his black jeans, he made his way across the floor at a casual pace. Today was a day of relaxing, after all, and he was curious as to what this new mall held.

--

March 27, 2015 at 11:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Mei:

Aimee was huddled into a quivering mass of her own being, her plus-sized hoodie draped awkwardly around her tiny frame, seeming to swallow her whole. The mall was opening, finally opening, and she'd waited for so, so long. The murmurs of the crowd hummed through the air, a dizzy vibration hidden underlying the high-pitched chirps of excited children. As for Aimee, she anticipated the event in a silence that seemed almost louder than the most ear-splitting shriek any banshee could ever muster.

--

March 27, 2015 at 11:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Mei Edit - Disregard the first post she made :

A lean, muscular boy who seemed to have been arriving near his adult years ambled through the crowd and scuffed his shoes along the rough concrete sidewalk as his lazy gaze drifted to where the tippy-top of the building graced the base of the sky. With his warm hands shoved deep into the pockets of his black jeans, reaching the entrance of the mall at a casual pace. Today was a day of relaxing, after all, and he was curious as to what this new place held.

--

March 27, 2015 at 11:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Good to see you again, Amethyst." Ash nodded in greeting.

"I'm more concerned as to who that girl is, and who that guy is." Stanley muttered, pointing to the girl wearing the hoodie, amd the boy with black jeans.

"Surely just newcomers. Doesn't really matter too much. Maybe they're alright people." Tom replied.

"Hmph. Can't be sure. What if Rukk didn't actually die..?" Stanley grunted.

"Geez, relax." Tom sighed.

--

March 27, 2015 at 11:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Hi." Amethyst replied. "Nice to see you, too."

"New people? Where?" Red asked, looking around. "Could they be friends? I like making friends! Maybe they're new around here, and... yeah."

--

March 27, 2015 at 11:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Over there." Stanley muttered, pointing them out again. "You blind or something?"

"How are things?" Ash asked.

--

March 28, 2015 at 12:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Mei:

Aimee caught a glimpse of a certain group of heroes, and bounced over to greet them. "Hi there! Sorry that I'm kind of a total stranger, but when's a better time to meet new friends, right? My name's Aimee! I can't believe the mall's finally going to open!" She was talking a mile a minute, her eyes bright with a burning eagerness to explore the entire mall. She was jittery, and somewhat loud, her melodic voice rising above the moderate buzz, as if her words were the main tune to a theme song; subtle in comparison to everything around it, but predominant overall.

--

March 28, 2015 at 12:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Uh. Yeah. Um. Hi. Name's Stanley." Stanley murmured, shifting backwards a bit.

"Paul." Paul spoke, looking down at her.

"I'm Ash. As I asked Amethyst, how are things?" Ash asked.

--

March 28, 2015 at 12:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Mei:

"Okay, sorry, I made it awkward. Either that or you guys don't talk much. Maybe a hint of both," Aimee cringed, her shoulders rising up to her reddened ears in embarrassment. "I totally just interrupted a conversation, didn't I?"

Cam:

"Nah, Stanley's just awkward as hell." Ash chuckled.

"No I'm not." Stanley growled.

Paul said nothing.

"Yeah you are. And Paul hardly speaks to us, anyway." Ash sighed. "But uh, yeah. How are things with you, then?"

--

March 28, 2015 at 12:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Things are... I dunno." Amethyst shrugged. "Surprisingly calm. For once."

"Isn't that what you call a jinx?" Red asked. "Y'know, everything'll be bad now?"

--

March 28, 2015 at 12:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"No." Daniel muttered. "Don't say things like that, Red." 

"He's right." Tom added.

--

March 28, 2015 at 12:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Well, look around." Red said, making various random gestures. "This place is like, the place for bad things!"

"For once, he's not wrong." Amethyst muttered. 

--

March 28, 2015 at 12:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Mei:

"B-Bad?" Aimee repeated, releasing the lock on her shoulders. Her arms fell to her sides, fists uncurling. She frowned and furrowed her eyebrows, looking at the others with a face of moderate confusion. "What do you mean by that?"

Cam:

"Do you honestly not know about what happened last month?! Or even, who we are?! Or...who we..lost..?" Daniel asked, you could tell he was pretty angry.

"Daniel, calm down." Ash sighed.

--

March 28, 2015 at 12:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Red frowned, visibly concerned. "Y-Yeah. Maybe she's new? It's not her fault. But, uh, bad stuff happens here."

--

March 28, 2015 at 12:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.