RES University

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Not sure many of you care, but RES is gone...

⋆*ೃ:.✧The Juice Crew⋆*ೃ:.✧

They deleted everything... All execept the news? Maybe its on matience? Well, this means RES's days are numbered. 

September 16, 2015 at 6:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Comet

I noticed that hhhhh I'm actually so sad and upset and just urg 

I poured two and a half years into that category and I've officially just lose countless characters and their forms, not to mention contact with some of my friends. Niiiiiice. ;v; 

The staff said they're updating the forums, basically, because they """"need an overhaul"""", but I'm willing to bet that none of the categories are going to be the same after this - either that or next to none, if any, threads are gonna be left. ;o; Hopefully we'll get access back to something soon, anyway. 

--

Inspiration. Creation. Draw.

~CometShard

........... Have anything to say about this, Ice?

Ice: Yep. :3

Me: And that would be...?

Ice: HAHA, YES!! THEY TOLD ME I COULD NEVER TEACH A LLAMA TO DRIVE!

Me: .-. Well then. Digit? Translation please?

Digit: * ahem * HAHA, YES!! COMET FINALLY GOT AN ACCOUNT!

Ice: * approving nod *

Digit: He does this llama thing at random times......

Me: Mm-hm. .-.

Ice: :D 

Me: Why, exactly?

Ice: BECAUSE I CAN.

Digit & Me: .-.

September 16, 2015 at 7:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cestlamort
Ay, I care, Bee. I've been there since ~2011-ish so RES has a bit of sentimental value for me. Something from the staff in advance might've been nice, though (if they had the ability to, anyway; sometimes the Internet is unpredictable). I'm sorry about your charries, Comet. It sucks that you've lost all. their forms and things.
--

"There are many types of monsters that scare me: Monsters who cause trouble without showing themselves, monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood... and then, monsters who tell nothing but lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance: They are much more cunning than others. They pose as humans even though they have no understanding of the human heart; they eat even though they've never experienced hunger; they study even though they have no interest in academics; they seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such monsters, I would likely be eaten by them... because in truth, I am that monster."
- L, Death Note

September 16, 2015 at 9:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Comet

Yeah, I'm so sad that everything is gone and just uggghhhh, I was fine earlier, more angry than anything, and now I'm just a ball of sad emotion, aha. I wasn't there quite as long as you were, but it was still two and a half years and if all of that has been deleted then that's a toooon of stuff I'm not getting back ehhh

I have some of my forms and such, but I'm missing a form and a half that I was still working on, which is definitely nice, yay!!! ;v; Hhhhhhh. I have all of my original forms for all my active characters and some of my older ones saved in one way or another, so I suppose that's good, but I don't have all the forms I wish I did, ehh. 

I'm hoping more of the RESidents are gonna remember that this website is a thing, aha, I'd still really like to keep in contact with everyone if the staff don't let us do anything on the forums anytime soon. 

--

~CometShard

September 16, 2015 at 10:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cestlamort
Yeah. Luckily I have all the charries I normally use backed up on Google Drive and the only ones I've lost are ones that had pretty much zero development. The thing that was probably worst to lose was a match make between Tad and I, because it was really fun and sweet (and maybe I've become a bit obsessed about it) and I don't have any other way to contact them. Right now I just kinda want to cry whilst listening to some waltz. Two and a half years is a fair amount of time to have spent on a website, and loads can be done in that time as far as charries, so I sympathize. It's good you have some of your forms saved but it sucks that you lost tht one you were working on (amongst others).

I'm sure this place'll become more active within the next week or so. It might be that some people are in some state of shock (maybe, idk). But I'd like the community to continue communicating like in Moshi RES.

--

"There are many types of monsters that scare me: Monsters who cause trouble without showing themselves, monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood... and then, monsters who tell nothing but lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance: They are much more cunning than others. They pose as humans even though they have no understanding of the human heart; they eat even though they've never experienced hunger; they study even though they have no interest in academics; they seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such monsters, I would likely be eaten by them... because in truth, I am that monster."
- L, Death Note

September 16, 2015 at 10:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Luv

I logged onto Mosh with my phone to see if anyone responded back to me and I couldn't get into my discussions. Later I logged on and clicked the news. I saw what the staff wrote... This has just been a bad day for me. 1. I got the flu 2. Moshi had shut the forums entirely down. Luckily, we all have planned that this would eventually happened and made websites. Message me if you want to roleplay or charrie chat. I'm so bored since I have nothing to reply to. :P

--
LUV   
September 16, 2015 at 11:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Umeko

the evil has been defeated and we are free

September 17, 2015 at 3:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cestlamort

Umeko at September 17, 2015 at 3:18 AM

the evil has been defeated and we are free

D: 

--

- L, Death Note

September 17, 2015 at 10:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Comet

I'm considering emailing the staff and seeing what's going to happen with the old categories and threads, or if they maybe have an idea on when things are going to be available again - if anyone thinks this is a good idea? ;v; I'm kinda scared to see their reply, but I'm willing to do it because not knowing is gonna kill me aha xD

On a side note, I have discovered how dependent I was on my page, because now that I don't have access to one I'm wanting it more than ever xD

--

~CometShard

September 17, 2015 at 3:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cestlamort

Comet at September 17, 2015 at 3:08 PM

I'm considering emailing the staff and seeing what's going to happen with the old categories and threads, or if they maybe have an idea on when things are going to be available again - if anyone thinks this is a good idea? ;v; I'm kinda scared to see their reply, but I'm willing to do it because not knowing is gonna kill me aha xD

On a side note, I have discovered how dependent I was on my page, because now that I don't have access to one I'm wanting it more than ever xD

It might be a good idea for someone to send an email regarding the whole thing; if you're up to it, that'd be great. I'd imagine their reply might be fairly similar to what they have on that newer Sticky, though, but if they give any more information, it'd be really helpful. I'm also a bit anxious to hear what's going on exactly..

Even though it won't be the same, you could always make another page here. There's a category near the bottom, I believe it's called "Planning Pages, etc." and there's a few misc. pages there.

--

- L, Death Note

September 17, 2015 at 8:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Okay I'm just gonna give my 2 cents

I really hope the staff gets themselves together, as I bet all of us do. But, as we know from their previous updates, we probably should keep our expectations low. I don't know HOW they could make stuff worse, but they're GONNA make stuff worse. 

... Also, hi, everyone. 

I was on RES back in 2010. All the sentimental value has pretty much died off, considering everything was deleted and butchered and taken over and I was literally harrassed off the site, but damn, it's a shame if this is really the end. 

--

September 17, 2015 at 10:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

i can't think of a username right now it's 2am
I'm kinda upset because I had written down a bunch of stuff somewhere on my page and now it's gonee. I really hope they bring our discussions back, otherwise I'm going to miss looking back at my nine year old self. I know I probably wrote very little on this compared to everyone else but I'm lazy and on mobile so deal with it.
September 18, 2015 at 12:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

I had all my favourite RPs over there. Like, the ones that hadn't been actually deleted. I skimmed through them sometimes. Nostalgia, y'know?

And dude, it's fine. I don't have an excuse. I'm just sleepy hahahahh

--

September 18, 2015 at 12:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

river-song93

I know I am soo mad about this all my rp's gone and all my characters :(

--

September 21, 2015 at 6:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rockstar/Jordan

I saw it just after I came home from a rubbish time at a friend's. I didn't think my day could get any worse.

Not to mention I lost Mar's form. And he's my main character.. and i have goldfish memory

--

Chrissssssssss <3 

September 23, 2015 at 3:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

river-song93

I know how ya feel rockstar :/

--

September 27, 2015 at 1:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crabby

Yeah I knowww ( I don't think anyone is on here anymore but whatever ) I lost Queen's form and I lost a few good friends and I have nowhere to write things now and uggghhh

--

October 28, 2015 at 12:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cestlamort

Crabby at October 28, 2015 at 12:34 PM

Yeah I knowww ( I don't think anyone is on here anymore but whatever ) I lost Queen's form and I lost a few good friends and I have nowhere to write things now and uggghhh

Hah.. I feel ya. 

--

- L, Death Note

November 3, 2015 at 9:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

immillyshe
God, I miss the forums so much! I lost everything, friends, threads, charries and every piece of info about my charries. I really hope the forums come back soon and I'm praying it will all be the same as before......
--
Darling I'm A Nightmare Dressed Like A Daydream
July 21, 2016 at 2:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Better Than Pit
Site Owner

reading through this is depressing

as y'all know i was in RES since 2011 i believe (i was a smol babu back then)

ack all my memories are lost?? either way i'm planinng on sending out an email to all site members asking them for kik/skype/instagram/any social media so we can move RES somewhere else.

--

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°;)

July 21, 2016 at 3:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.