RES University

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Creature Roleplays > Alone: The Spreading Glade

cam6780

"I have been waiting a long time for this day. Far too long. Although, it may be just right. Nobody is suspecting anything. Nobody normal would after two years. The trees have regrown since then. Villages have been rebuilt. People have gotten their lives together after the so-called 'disaster'. I will admit, the robot did have the right idea striking so soon after the world was still weak. But, like all of the others who have tried, he failed. His contraptions were weak, as was he. He made many mistakes in his attempt to rise to power. But those mistakes won't be made by me. I have thought of everything. I have thought of the worst possible outcomes to my plan, and have acted upon them. I will always win. Nothing can stop me. Soon, I will claim what has been waiting for me ever since. This world."

Alone: The Spreading Glade

• Set two years after the 'Evolution' attempt by Rikktor. Everything has been rebuilt and is looking good for the citizens.
  • A new village has been constructed by the repaired mall, where most people live nowadays.
Information
  • The current plan is to continue this whenever a reply is made, since this (no more messing around) IS going to be the final series, and I would like it to end properly instead of a summary, like the previous two did. As always, you can drop in at any time. If this system isn't very optimal then you could ask to change it. I just don't want this to be abandoned like the previous two in the 'Together' series. 
My Current 'Cast'
  • Grace - Still depressed about the loss of her friends two years ago, but not as bad as she used to be.
  • Salem - Wondering if she can redeem herself for the horrible things she's done.
  • Ater - No longer a psychotic murderer. Although she will have no emotion killing things as usual. Still an expert with a sword.
  • Skarner and the Guardians (Crysalisk, Ariene, Agarox) - Guarding the remains of the Crystal Caverns after its explosion 2 years ago.
  • Crack - Still the same grumpy werewolf as usual.
  • Elizabeth and Craixen - Living in their castle together. Craixen has been made sane.
  • Paws - Still the DJ he always was.
  • Glaede - ...
  • Phoenix - The same as he always was.
  • Anivia - Like Phoenix, she hasn't changed. 
  • Rubii - The last remaining Shadeath in this world. Still lives in her cave and still hates visitors.
  • Amber - Well, technically she's a Shadeath but prefers not to be referred to as one. Same as usual, living in the misty area of the mountains.
  • Dave - A recently uncovered robot found in Ace's home. He seems to be pretty old due to his damaged voice and scratches. However, he can still roll and use his shield abilities. 
  • Viper - A toxic snake with wings. Still pretty sour and lacks friends. Spits poison as always.
  • Gardener - A man wearing a heavy bomb-defusal suit. He carries his shotgun with him everywhere. Nobody really knows why he calls himself the Gardener, however.
  • Kraxx - I completely lied about Rubii being the last remaining Shadeath, but let her think she's special. Kraxx was a Shadeath fitted with electronic parts by Rikktor. After his defeat she was freed, shaking the parts off and becoming her own person once again.
  • Saphira - A shy dragon who not many know about. She lived in the mountains but has recently moved into Ace's old home, with permission from everyone of course, due to her liking of science. 

--

January 5, 2016 at 8:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

okay all jokes aside

I'll start off with the usual trio of Amethyst and Hazel and Augustus (Red is still dead haha oops)

maybe add more later, who knows

--

January 5, 2016 at 6:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

It was a fine day. The sun shone brightly and the wind blew when neccessary. Birds sung and everything was calm. In the town, people were going about their daily business. A few people hadn't bothered to move in, like Paws, for example.

Near a small wooden home, Crack and the Gardener were speaking to one another.

On a roof nearby, Phoenix and Anivia watched the town below, occasionally exchanging words. 

--

January 6, 2016 at 6:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Hazel and Augustus were takig advantage of the good weather, wandering around. 

"Y'know, I think it might stay like this for a while." Hazel said, grinning. "I'm surprised it took us so long to get out here. Look at everything. It's great."

"It could always rain." Augustus muttered. "Or worse."

"C'mon, we nearly get eradicated half a dozen times, and you're getting paranoid? Don't be like that!" 

Amethyst,  too, had found herself out while it was still such a nice day. After all, no use in wasting it. Besides, things were finally seeming to have calmed down. Everything was rebuilt. It was actually quite pleasant.

--

January 6, 2016 at 7:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

(Forgot to add Leafy and co, and Shocker to that character list)

"Hey, rain isn't so bad." Shocker said, looking down at the two from another roof. "It's kinda relaxing. And good for the plants."

Leafy was speaking with his family, Ivy, Elizabeth and Craixen in the town center. 

Viper lay in the shade of a nearby tree, asleep. Nobody went near him for good reason.

--

January 6, 2016 at 7:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"It's not fun to be outside in." Augustus replied with a shrug. "I mean, for me, it isn't."

"A lot of things can be made fun if you try really hard." Hazel said with a grin. 

--

January 6, 2016 at 7:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Well, after all these years, you guys haven't changed a bit. That's quite a good thing." Shocker nodded. "Well, it is for you, Hazel. Not so sure with Augustus' negativity." 

"Yeah. Things are going well again. They have been for a while." Crack spoke.

"I agree, but in this hellish world, that usually means something's stirring up again. Or, it always has been." Gardener replied, shotgun on his shoulder.

"I like to think things will be fine now, alright? Well, I DO have my doubts, but I tend to push them aside." Crack muttered.

Nearby, a small, floating metal sphere watched from the dark alleys of some wooden homes. It had a single red eye and a telescope-like attachment on its side. It did nothing but watch.

--

January 7, 2016 at 5:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"I'm being realistic." Augustus grumbled. "Every time things get calm, something bad happens. It's just some cruel, endless cycle we'll never break out of."

Hazel sighed, obviously having heard this all before. "That's not true. It's been ages since the last threat! I think we might've finally won."

--

January 9, 2016 at 5:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

The metal sphere didn't move, or make any noise. It just watched the town for a while, before moving to another alley for more views on it and its residents.

"Meh. Negative Augustus will always be negative. If you're so sure bad stuff will happen, go find a nuclear bunker, or go talk with one of those 'spirits' that roam the mountains. Like they exist." Gardener muttered. 

"Yeah, Augustus. It'd save us all from your whining." Crack chuckled. 

"And if he's right?" Shocker asked.

"Well, we're dead then, aren't we?" Crack replied.

--

January 11, 2016 at 12:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Y'know, even if there is some evil monster thing that could kill us all, why spend all our time being gloomy about it?" Hazel said, still grinning despite her surprisingly morbid words. "Enjoy the fun while it lasts, no matter how long that is!"

"Easy for you to say." Augustus muttered. "Listen, unlike the rest of you, I'm a realist. Things are going to go wrong. They always do."

--

January 11, 2016 at 12:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"If you keep thinking like that, your life is going to suck. Especially when you die, I mean, at your funeral, all we'll have to say is that you were a giant downer and were grumpy every single day." Craixen spoke up.

"True, she has a point." Elizabeth added.

"Well if things go wrong, they'll eventually go back to normal. Unless normal is being attacked constantly now." Crack muttered. 

"Relax, guys. Things go wrong, we deal with it like last time." Gardener shrugged.

--

January 12, 2016 at 10:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"That's, uh..." Augustus laughed nervously, "pretty morbid, don't you think? There's more to me than that, isn't that?"

"I guess you also like plants," Hazel offered, shrugging, "but nothing else is really coming to mind. Sorry, Augustus."

--

January 14, 2016 at 1:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"See, this is why you need to change up your attitude a bit. Not much, but a bit at least. At least think positively about SOMETHING for once. I mean, you're alive, and so are the rest of us, aren't we?" Craixen spoke.

"I guess we have that going for us." Crack sighed. "But sometimes being alive sucks, cause we experience the worst kind of things."

"Well, I guess it's gotta be balanced somehow, huh." Gardener muttered.

--

January 14, 2016 at 10:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

Aster soared peacefully through the sky, each of her enormous white wings spanning twice the length of her arms. 

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

January 16, 2016 at 5:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Augustus' negativity aside, who's that in the sky?" Shocker asked. He'd never seen this person before.

"Oh, I might know, I might not." Craixen giggled.

"No, seriously, i've never seen them before." Shocker replied.

--

January 16, 2016 at 5:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"I guess. For now, I'll just enjoy life. Or something. However long we're like this, I'll try to enjoy it." Augustus said, sighing. "I doubt it'll be long, th-"

Hazel nudged him. "You were doing great until that last bit. I guess it's a start, but... I dunno. Look around! Everyone's chatting. The weather's great, people are enjoying it the best they can. These're all nice things."

--

January 16, 2016 at 5:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

A loud horn was heard from a nearby clearing. It was loud enough to be heard from the mountains on the other side of the valley. 

The metal sphere silently flew off, for it knew what was coming next.

"The hell was that?" Crack asked.

"I dunno." Gardener spoke. "Sounded like a war horn, or a call to a meeting kinda horn."

"Well, I don't like it." Elizabeth spoke.

"I for one think Augustus was right about something bad happening." Gardener muttered. 

"Aw, but it could still be, a..uh...party....horn?" Craixen said with an awkward smile. 

--

January 20, 2016 at 5:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Augustus nodded, rather triumphant for a moment, before realizing the implications. "Well, I saw it coming, I guess."

"We don't know what it is. Maybe they're aliens, but... like... friendly ones?" Hazel suggested, shrugging. 

Amethyst decided a mysterious noise was more than enough of a sign of another threat. It'd been bound to happen, really. What would it be this time? Probably another freak bent on world-domination. She decided to head to where she'd heard the noise from. By this point, little left her fazed. Maybe it'd be something interesting.

--

January 20, 2016 at 8:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Near the village, a snarl was heard. Yellow, white and purple eyes lit up amongst the trees.  

"Aaaaaaaand, trouble. God damnit." Crack muttered.

"Geez, how many do you think are in there?" Gardener asked.

"From the past events, probably thousands." Crack sighed.

The source of the noise was a giant horn made of bone, and about 5 horrific creatures operated and guarded it. They didn't notice Amethyst yet.

--

January 21, 2016 at 10:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Totally saw this coming." Augustus said under his breath, allowing himself a while to be smug about it. If the world was ending, why not take joy in the little things? 

"Maybe next time, try to predict us a happy ending." Hazel replied, laughing nervously. "I-I mean, maybe they're friendly."

Amethyst, deciding to take advantage of the situation, studied the area. A few weird-looking things. Would she be able to take them on? Probably not. If there were some, though, there were bound to be more elsewhere. And, judging from the instrument made of bones, they weren't exactly going to be friendly.

Well, it'd been inevitable.

--

January 24, 2016 at 10:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.