RES University

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Creature Roleplays > Alone: The Spreading Glade

cam6780

An unfamiliar voice spoke from behind Amethyst. It sounded confident and playful, like they wanted to have fun. 
"So, you wanna get these things before that horn goes off again, or you wanna stand there and watch me kill them?"

The creatures blew the horn again, at the same volume.

"Well, I say we get them taken care of before a third one is sounded, eh?" The voice chuckled.

After the second horn sounded, chaos erupted.

Horrific creatures sprang from the bushes and trees. Sharp claws, teeth. Spines, spikes. 

And there were so many.

They sprinted and leaped at people, those caught getting ripped to shreds by claws and teeth. 

"Jesus christ!" Gardener shouted, shooting one in the face with his shotgun. It died easy, but for every death, four more appeared from the forest. There were too many.

Screams soon rang out as people fled or died.

"I don't think we'll last long out here, people!" Crack yelled as he shook a creature off him and stomped on its skull, crushing it.

"Where do we go, then?!" Shocker asked, safe in the sky for now, using lightning bolts to assist.

--

February 2, 2016 at 9:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Amethyst turned towards the voice, more than a bit confused. "Who the hell are you?" She'd thought she knew everyone who lived here. After all, you got pretty familiar with people you survived apocalypses with. 

"What are these things?" Hazel shrieked, her and Augustus barely managing to fend them off with their vines. "Why can't they just go away? There're too many of them!"

--

February 6, 2016 at 1:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

A man wearing a white mask with a grin carved into it was leaning next to a tree behind Amethyst. He wore a large brown cowboy-esque hat with a slight rip on its right side, a brown leather jacket and jeans with clean, brown shoes. In his hands were two futuristic-looking pistols that glowed faintly with pink energy. 

"A potential ally, but only if you aren't this slow later on." He replied, walking out into the open.

The creatures snarled at him as they began to approach, claws ready to cut him in half.

The man just chuckled and shot two at the same time, his guns firing bolts of pink energy, searing through the creature's flesh. The creatures, when dead, let out a high pitched scream. With ease, he dispatched the rest. 

"Try to keep up, dear." The man said again, kicking the horn down and destroying it with his guns.

"We gotta get outta here. I think Paws still has that bunker from years ago." Gardener mentioned, bashing a creature away with his gun before shooting it.

"Then let's MOVE." Crack ordered, as the group made their way towards Paws' home, while fighting off the seemingly endless horde.

--

February 6, 2016 at 8:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Doesn't answer my question, but alright." Amethyst muttered. Of course, everything else was fairly familiar to her. She backed to the edge of the clearing, eyes peeled for any more of those creatures. "There're probably more of those things at the village. I guess introductions can wait."

"The bunker! Yeah! Great idea!" Hazel agreed loudly, half-dragging Augustus as the two of them struggled to keep away the creatures with vines. It barely slowed them down.

--

February 19, 2016 at 12:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"The village is a main focus point. We won't be going there directly, so to say. Stay close - I know a safer way." The man said, spinning his pistols on his fingers before holding them normally again. "The name's Lyre, by the way." He added, as he began to walk towards the forest.

Reaching Paws' house - well, it didn't look like a house from the outside, it was, literally, a boulder - Crack began to bash on its usual entrance, shouting a variety of curses and the occasional "OPEN UP".

The others kept the monsters at bay, with whatever they had. Creatures in the distance were seen being ripped to shreds, and homes breaking down.

--

February 19, 2016 at 8:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Okay, seriously, Lyre, how long have you been here?" Amethyst asked, following him, still on high alert for any more monsters. "I mean, you know shortcuts, too? Have you just been lurking around?"

"H-He'd better hurry up, these things just keep coming!" Hazel muttered. She was growing exhausted from trying to hold off the monsters, and it was becoming obvious. 

--

February 20, 2016 at 10:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Details, details. Everyone deserves some secrets, don't you think?" Lyre replied. Amethyst couldn't see, but he was most likely smirking behind that mask.

As if on command, the boulder's wall opened like an automatic door. The group hustled inside as the door quickly slammed shut again, cutting off a creature's head. When it closed, many thuds were heard against the boulder from the outside, stopping eventually. The snarls never left, though.

--

February 22, 2016 at 8:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Whatever you say." Amethyst muttered. She decided to leave it at that. After all, some weird new guy wasn't really the priority, was he?

Augustus slumped against a wall, shaken and exhausted, careful to avoid going near the severed head. "I'm really starting to wish I hadn't been right about this." 

"Next time, can you try to imagine us a happy ending?" Hazel agreed, struggling to play it off as a joke. "Maybe, like, throw in some retirement from all this world-saving?"

--

February 27, 2016 at 7:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Well, howdy! I guess I saved you all again, huh?" Paws chuckled. "Aaaaanyway... maybe we should move further INTO the house instead of waiting for them to break through the rock?" 

"We were GETTING to that." Crack muttered, standing up and brushing dust off himself.

"Yeah. Good idea." Shocker agreed.

Lyre walked into a cave, its entrance hidden by vines. "I hope you aren't afraid of the dark, lady." He spoke as he brushed past them, entering the darkness.

--

February 29, 2016 at 8:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"I think this'll hold for at least a little while, but you can never be too safe." Hazel chirped, eager to get away from the worrisome sounds of the outside. "Well, I think it's safe to say this was unexpected."

"Seriously, where the hell are we going?" Amethyst muttered, one of her hands glowing with violet flame. 

--

February 29, 2016 at 6:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Yeah, certainly a surprise." Shocker sighed. "How are there so many?" 

"Dunno. Maybe whoever's in charge of them has been waiting a while." Crack suggested.

"Well c'mon, let's get away from the door." Paws said, walking deeper into his surprisingly large home.

"If you don't trust me, go ahead and turn back. I'm sure you'd trust those monsters out there more than me, wouldn't you?" Lyre replied. "We're going to a place you know."

--

March 1, 2016 at 6:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Hazel sighed. "I guess we're lucky that you've got such a nice house, Paws. There are worse places to hide in."

"A place I know, huh." Amethyst repeated, just all the more confused. This was getting weird. But at the same time, it was hardly as if she had any other options. 

--

March 1, 2016 at 8:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"What, like Crack's house?" Paws joked.

Crack was not amused, responding with a grunt.

"Take a joke, man. So, eh, I guess we'll take the elevator down to my amazing nightclub then. Then we can discuss what to do." Paws suggested, tail swishing as he walked. 

--

March 2, 2016 at 4:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"I never really expected a nightclub to be where we'd make plans to save the world." Hazel said, giggling. "Well, I guess you should never expect anything here. You always get something crazier."

--

March 4, 2016 at 12:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"We were down here when the Shadeaths attacked, remember?" Crack said. "Or have you just forgotten that hell?"

"I guess we were." Gardener muttered.

"Guuuuys. Shut uuuuuup. Get in the elevatoooooor." Paws ordered.

--

March 4, 2016 at 12:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Suppressed it a little." Hazel conceded with a shrug. "I mean, I thought it'd be the last time."

Augustus sighed. "There'll never be a last time." He and Hazel headed for the elevator.

--

March 4, 2016 at 12:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

The group entered the large elevator, and Paws hit the button labelled DOWN. With a jolt, the elevator began to slowly descend past some rocks, like you would see in a mineshaft elevator. 

"Never did touch this place up, did you Paws?" Crack asked.

"No need to, people don't use this entrance unless it's an emergency." Paws shrugged. "Plus, it looks a tiny bit less suspicious." 

"True." Gardener nodded.

--

March 5, 2016 at 2:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hurry Calls

like hi how are u all doing lmao

--

March 8, 2016 at 4:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

is that supposed to be kha'zix

March 11, 2016 at 2:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"I think this place has a bit its own charm, the way it is now." Hazel said with a smile. 

"It's... one of a kind." Augustus added in some attempt at communication.

--

March 24, 2016 at 10:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.