RES University

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Creature Roleplays > Alone: The Spreading Glade

cam6780

"This place has ALWAYS had charm. Just like me!" Paws chuckled. 

Nobody else laughed.

"Guys, jokes are things you laugh at." Paws sighed.

"Well, I'll laugh after we sort this situation out." Crack muttered as the elevator reached its destination.

March 24, 2016 at 10:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"If we sort this situation out." Augustus muttered.

Hazel jabbed him in the ribs. "C'mon, guys! Paws is right, and laughter's considered the best medicine." 

--

March 24, 2016 at 11:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Yeah, there are probably guys down here already. I mean, it's a public spot, and it's also a safe place to run when hell breaks loose up top." Paws said as the elevator doors opened, revealing a classy looking club, with DJ table, dance floor and other things. 

"I assume you've never been here before, huh?" Lyre asked Amethyst as they walked through the cave.

--

March 24, 2016 at 11:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

Aster eyed the group from the corner of the bar, her long black hair pulled back with a blue ribbon.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

March 24, 2016 at 11:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Hi there!" Hazel chirped, waving to Aster before she took a seat at the edge of the room. "Gosh, it's nice being back down here. Definitely feels safe." 

"Never in these caves." Amethyst confirmed.

--

March 24, 2016 at 11:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Hey dude, is it just you down here?" Paws called to Aster. "If so, I was expecting a....lot more to have gotten here before the things up top rushed in." 

"At least there's SOMEONE." Crack sighed, sitting at a table.

--

March 24, 2016 at 11:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"Yep, just me. Dunno what happened to the other guys," Aster shrugged. "Welcome to the club. I'm Aster."

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

March 24, 2016 at 11:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"They're probably all dead." Augustus grumbled. "I mean, it was hell up there. We're lucky we made it out."

"Hey, there's some optimism at the end of that!" Hazel said, nudging him playfully. 

Amethyst didn't say much as she followed Lyre. She still couldn't help but feel... suspicious. Who was this guy, anyway?

--

March 24, 2016 at 11:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Ah well. How'd you like the place? Is it club-standard? I hope so. Mainly cause I built and own it!" Paws spoke. "So, Aster, do you know what's going on up top?" 

"I wonder what we'll do this time." Gardener muttered.

"Beats me." Crack replied.

After a silence, Lyre spoke again. 

"It's a shame you don't trust me, you know. But then again, I wouldn't trust anyone you meet in this world, ever." 

He got to what looked like a dead end - a wall covered in old cobwebs. He brushed them aside, revealing a metal door that read STAFF ONLY.

"But sometimes, it's good to give people chances, don't you think?" Lyre chuckled as he opened the door.

--

March 25, 2016 at 12:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"We'll pull through like always." Hazel said with a grin. 

Amethyst, with nothig better to do, followed him inside. "I guess so." This guy was weird. Not the ideal person to spend the latest apocalypse with by any means.

--

March 25, 2016 at 12:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Through the door was Paws' club. They walked through and got into the main area, with dance floor and all.

"See? I'm amazing, huh." Lyre chuckled, leaning against a speaker.

"Well, I was wondering when you'd show up." Paws said, noticing Amethyst.

--

March 25, 2016 at 12:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"Noooo idea," Aster replied to Paws after a long pause, finally processing the question. She'd been somewhat scatterbrained lately, and it showed in her disheveled clothing and messy hair.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

March 25, 2016 at 12:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Okay, I guess I'm kind of impressed with how you got us here." Amethyst conceded, looking around. "Uh, hey everyone. Sorry I'm late."

"You haven't missed much." Hazel assured her. "Just lots of near-death experiences." 

--

March 25, 2016 at 12:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"I guess this is our little group then, huh." Gardener spoke, standing up from the chair he was sat on. "At least for now, till we find some other folks." He paused for a second and then continued, "IF we find other folks."

"Yeah, suppose so." Paws shrugged. "And don't sweat it, you look a bit tired."

"So, what are we gonna do first?" Crack asked.

"I'd suggest those that need rest from running five meters rest. The ones that are actually capable of surviving can talk about strategy." Lyre muttered, rolling his eyes.

"You literally walked here or something, through a safe entrance - we ran for our LIVES." Crack growled, slamming his fist on the table.

"Oh great, an easily angered person. Gotta have one of those in every group, don't you..." Lyre muttered to himself, clearly not caring.

--

March 25, 2016 at 9:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Amethyst sighed. Of course, tension was already forming in the group. It'd been only a matter of time, but this soon? "Okay, there's no need to fight about any of this. Everything... is fine. We all made it, didn't we? And that's what matters, not whatever bullsh-"

"I think we should settle this in a civil manner." Hazel interrupted. She glanced at Lyre. "Who even is this guy, anyway? I don't believe I've seen him around."

"Whatever pointless arguments we're already having can be saved for when the world isn't at risk." Amethyst finished. Truth be told, she was tired, more mentally than physically. Of course, she was straining not to let that show. One more round of saving the day, probably. "Anyways. Strategy. We'll talk strategy."

"And what happened to rest?" Augustus muttered from a nearby couch.

"Take advantage of it right now, alright?" 

--

March 27, 2016 at 5:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"All you need to know about me is that I could beat you in a fight with minimal effort. And my name, Lyre. And that's me being generous." Lyre shrugged.

"Problem one: rampaging monsters. Problem two: This guy." Crack growled.

"Problem three, your amount of functioning brain cells.." Lyre sighed.

Crack stood up, but Gardener sat him down again.

"Ain't no time for fights, like Amethyst said." Gardener nodded.

--

March 27, 2016 at 5:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"I don't think I like this Lyre guy." Hazel said quietly, giving the masked man a funny look. "We need to work together, y'know. Do we even know where to begin with this whole thing?" 

"We can begin with putting this all aside." Amethyst muttered. "If you guys want to bicker, save it for when we have the time." 

--

March 28, 2016 at 1:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Is that you trying to whisper? You're louder than a twelve year old with a microphone." Lyre muttered. 

"I'd say we find out what's causing these things to rampage and kill everything in sight. I mean, there's got to be some kind of pack leader or something." Gardener suggested.

"I second that, these things don't look smart enough to do stuff so easily." Shocker agreed.

"Then you must have some things in common." Lyre said to himself, although everyone heard due to the volume at which he spoke.

--

March 28, 2016 at 3:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Can you seriously cut it out with the comments?" Amethyst snapped. "I don't know what you're trying to do, but it's no damn help to any of us." 

Hazel sighed. This was going to suck. "Back to the plan: Alpha leader-y thing. Any ideas on where to find that?"

--

March 29, 2016 at 9:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"As usual, no clue. I mean, they usually reveal themselves now...or at least, during their first strike. This one is....different. I don't like it." Crack spoke up. "They could be being sneaky." 

"Yeah. Maybe it'll be up to us to find 'em for once." Gardener sighed. "If we go out there, which we will eventually, we should look for things that are...out of place. Y'know, aside from the rampaging monsters."

--

April 1, 2016 at 11:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.