RES University

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Creature Roleplays > Alone: The Spreading Glade

Alex

"And all the destroyed land." Hazel agreed. "Should we just... look for some sign of, like, a source? Something or someone or somewhere they're getting orders from? There's gotta be something."

--

April 1, 2016 at 9:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Well, going outside right now is suicide." Crack muttered.

"Yeah, how long do you think until they lose interest?" Gardener wondered aloud.

Lyre was silent, and just as Paws was about to speak, he gestured for him to stop.

"Hey-" Crack said, but was cut off by a sharp 'Shh' from Lyre.

"Do you not hear that humming noise?" Lyre asked, in a whisper.

He was right, a faint humming noise echoed around the room. It was getting louder.

--

April 18, 2016 at 5:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"What the hell is that?" Augustus muttered. "Could just be a machine that turned on." He didn't want to investigate, so he instead made excuses. 

Hazel shot him a look, but said nothing.

"Whatever it is, it's coming closer." Amethyst said quietly. Considering how their luck had been, it probably wasn't anything good, whatever the source of the sound was. 

--

April 21, 2016 at 6:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

A metal sphere with a glowing orange light, like an eye, entered the room from an open doorway. It was the source of the humming noise, and it watched the group oddly, not doing anything.

"What the hell is THAT?" Crack asked, standing up.

Lyre's hand moved to his pistol. "Not good, I assume."

--

April 24, 2016 at 11:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Well, it's not attacking us!" Hazel said brightly. She did, however, visibly take a few steps back. 

Amethyst found herself wishing she wasn't unarmed. "Not yet." She muttered, wary. Maybe it was just some weird survey bot. But at the same time, if could also be, maybe, ready to self-destruct or shoot lasers at any given second. 

--

April 25, 2016 at 3:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

A deep voice echoed from the robotic sphere.

"Just as planned. I knew there would be some attempting to hide down here. It's a pity my minions aren't smart enough to open doors."

"So, YOU'RE in charge of those things, huh?" Crack growled.

"Of course. Good job figuring it out." The sphere said sarcastically.

"Who ARE you?" Gardener asked.

"Glaede is what you will refer to me as." The sphere replied.

Lyre fired a shot from his plasma pistol at the sphere, though the plasma was just absorbed.

"So predictable, the lot of you. You think I would come down here in person and let you kill me? No chance, dear. Though, I shall give you a nice little reward for attempting to hide. Sadly, it was extremely obvious." The sphere spoke.

--

April 26, 2016 at 4:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"This is just some weird survey-bot, isn't it?" Augustus muttered. "W-What do we do?"

"I sense a fight coming on." Hazel said quietly, tense. "L-Listen, we really don't want violence..." She trailed off, obviously reading the room. Some people probably wanted to destroy the machine and the "Glaede" person controlling it...

--

April 28, 2016 at 2:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Your deaths don't have to be violent, dear. If you don't fight back, that is. But you DO need to die. And that is final." The sphere spoke.

"We'll find you eventually, you know. And then kill YOU." Crack growled.

"Perhaps you may FIND me....but killing me? You don't stand a CHANCE." A laugh was heard at the end of the sentence.

--

April 29, 2016 at 11:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"That's what they all say," Amethyst muttered. She'd grown tired of the routine. "This isn't the first time. It probably won't be the last. We'll hunt you down, kill you with ease, and then try to rebuild as much as we can before everything goes to hell again." 

"You do sound like the rest of them," Hazel added with a nervous laugh.

--

May 7, 2016 at 4:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Young ones....so confident...all because they beat a few barbaric idiots. What will you do against someone with actual intelligence...? I suppose I'll find out. Unless you die now, hah. Skatha shall make quick work of you, judging by your attitudes and fighting style.....oh, yes, I know all of your moves. Even you, Lyre. I know who you all are." The sphere continued.

--

May 19, 2016 at 5:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"W-Well, that doesn't scare us," Hazel replied sharply. "Everyone thinks they're tough stuff, thinks they know our every move, but what makes you any different? You claim to be smart?"

--

May 19, 2016 at 7:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"First, you came here like usual. Next, if you survive, that is, you'll think of some stupid way to find me. That's where you'll die for certain." The sphere replied. "But now, I wish to see if you can face a REAL challenge. Those monsters above are nothing."

The ceiling began to crack.

"Well, that isn't good." Paws murmured, looking at the ceiling.

--

May 24, 2016 at 10:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"The problem with your thought process," Aster said finally, "is that somewhere along the line, you've come to believe we function as a hivemind. That, you see, isn't really the case at all."

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

May 27, 2016 at 12:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Oh, you tiny things and your logic. A hivemind? No... you're just....so predictable, is all. Now, goodbye." The sphere hovered into the dark, going to where it came from before.

The ceiling was cracking more now.

"Maaaaaaybe we should save that for later, and focus on the roof." Crack warned, stepping away from the crumbling ceiling.

--

May 27, 2016 at 1:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Do we wanna try and fix this, or should we just... get outta here?" Hazel asked. It would be a shame to let the place be destroyed, but did they really have the time to do anything about it?

--

May 28, 2016 at 4:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"There's no time to fix this," Aster said, "we need to excape." 

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

May 28, 2016 at 11:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

A segment of the roof collapsed, sending rubble and dust flying everywhere as a loud THUD was heard. Amongst the dust was a silhouette of what seemed to be a dragon, with similar size and shape to Ace.

It went silent, and the dust settled, revealing a heavily armoured dragon. None of his face could be seen. The visor for his eyes glowed red, and he looked up from the floor at the group.

"Um." Paws murmured.

May 28, 2016 at 11:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

"Welp, that's probably not good," Augustus remarked, taking a good couple steps back. "Should we run? I think we should run." Something about this newcomer seemed... dangerous. It wasn't something in his appearance. More the vibe he gave off. 

--

May 28, 2016 at 11:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"Heh, bye."

And with that, Aster clasped her hands together, flooding the room with a brilliant, blinding white light. Her wings burst forward in an explosion of feathers, and in an instant, she'd flown through the empty space where a roof used to be. Aster was gone.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

May 28, 2016 at 11:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

As their vision returned, they noticed Aster had left instantly.

This was followed with a very good reply:

"What a B****!" Crack yelled, rubbing his eyes.

"Well, already left for dead." Gardener muttered, aiming his shotgun as Skatha.

Skatha was unaffected, and drew his two swords.

--

May 29, 2016 at 12:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.