RES University

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Creature Roleplays > The Ashes of Kalindarr

cam6780

The legends say that many years ago, every threat to this world began at the region surrounded by mountains. Luckily, the threats never escaped, for it was home to many heroes who fought to save either the world, or just themselves. That was long ago, and the citizens of that land have passed away, finally put to rest.

However, a new threat has revealed itself.

Stories of entire regions being reduced to ashes and dust have arisen, and are becoming a common point of conversation. Brave adventurers have set out to see if they are true. Many haven't returned.

Ones that do return, however, tell stories of ruined castles and villages, covered in ashes.

They also say strange creatures somehow survive in the barren remains, looking unlike anything they have seen before.

Though, one critical piece of information the survivors have been sharing, is that some of these creatures mumble the name of the mountain-guarded region when idle.

Perhaps, as it always has been, that is where the source of this threat began.

Already, people have set off for the land, and many prepare to venture to it themselves.

In the region of Skarlec, a fairly developed land, lies the city of Sylvus. It's bustling with these sorts of people - many have already left.

Potentially, some of them may uncover the secrets within the ashes of the once great region beyond the mountains.

Kalindarr.

August 1, 2016 at 3:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Sylvus was busy as usual - people were usually always busy here, either with their jobs or this new world-threatening problem. There have been many signs around the city calling for meet-ups, but one in particular has caught your eye.

It was simple, and with no over-the-top text size and font. It simply said:

"Seeking assistance to travel into Kalindarr. Meet outside the museum if interested at midday. Transport will be organised quickly. Will not wait for latecomers. - Zara"

Midday was in about an hour or so. This 'Zara' would be waiting. 

--

August 1, 2016 at 4:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

The outside of the museum was quite busy, the complete opposite of the inside. A fountain was at the center of a rectangular clearing, with tiled concrete flooring. Benches were around the place in an ordered fashion, while some were accompanied by tables. People ate and talked here, while some just passed through to go to the shops.

The table closest to the museum was occupied by a purple-scaled dragon, who had a holstered sword on her back. She looked at her claws and glanced at the museum's clock from time to time, clearly waiting for something. 

--

August 2, 2016 at 3:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Even as she headed there, Renee wasn't quite sure why she was going through with this. She was more than aware of how dangerous Kalindarr was, what it had become. For some reason, she wasn't as much scared as she was thrilled. Did it live up to all the rumors? Why would someone be heading out there? She arrived at the musem to see a couple of strangers already waiting: a short, white-haired boy who looked reasonably nervous, and a dark-haired girl who looked a bit too excited by the idea.

"You see the sign, too?" The girl asked. 

Renee nodded. "Kalindarr, huh?" She couldn't help but be skeptical. Sounded like one big joke.

--

August 2, 2016 at 4:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

A man was leaning against the fountain's wall, his looks covered by a brown, slightly damaged hood. Visible was his dark blonde hair, and two brown eyes with a small cut on his chin. His clothes weren't in the best shape either, but they still did the job. He checked his watch. 11:50. Ten minutes until he'd be meeting this 'Zara' person. And, potentially, others that were interested in her poster. He wondered if he'd even be allowed to come with them - he was a thief after all. 'Kress' was a pretty well heard name back in Arova. Before he left, that is.

Relby was isolated from the crowds. He didn't talk much, and only when needed. Plus, he didn't want anyone trying to steal his gear. Then again, they'd have to be stupid to try and take something from a man in full armour, with a plasma gun and grenades on his belt. The armour covered his entire body, painted jet black. His mask had a few red lines, but mainly on the bulletproof glass he used to see through. He watched the crowds, and saw a small group of people opposite him. A nervous looking boy and two girls. Maybe they were here to meet Zara too.

--

August 2, 2016 at 4:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mits

ᶜᵃᶰ ᶦ ʲᵒᶦᶰ

--

August 3, 2016 at 9:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Of course

--

August 4, 2016 at 4:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

A dragon with purple scales waited on one of the chairs of an empty table, closest to the museum. A sword was on her back, kept in a fairly simple holster. Soon, she'd meet the people interested in coming with her to Kalindarr. Well, she hoped she would. It was always possible that nobody would see, or nobody would care. If that was the case, she'd be going by herself. Not the end of the world, but it'd definitely be much harder. In five minutes, she'd put another of her posters up on the wall behind her - this time with an arrow pointing down towards her, indicating where to go. If anyone came, that is.

--

August 9, 2016 at 1:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mits

ˢᵒʳʳʸ⋅⋅⋅ ˢᶜʰᵒᵒᶫ ᵍᵒᵗ ʰᵉᶜᵗᶦᶜ ᵇᵘᵗ ᶦᵗ'ˢ ᵃᶫᶫ ᵍᵒᵒᵈ ᶰᵒʷ ﹕ᵛ

A woman with a fierce expression and muscular physique trudged her way to the museum- despite the enthusiasm she felt about an intriguing poster she had seen, the person being dragged along by her was not so keen.

"This is ridiculous, Nika. We, no, I can't go to Kalindarr- I'll get eaten alive or something!" Jam complained.

"Don't be foolish, you'll have me by your side. Your sister is counting on me to watch over you." Nika replied.

Jam groaned as he struggled to walk along with his "friend," "This isn't taking care of me...you're completely insane."

"Hush," Nika snapped, "I'm not letting this opportunity pass me by. I invited a few friends to come along as well, so you'll be fine." She quickened her pace, the museum in sight.

--

August 14, 2016 at 7:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780
That's okay lol - I don't have school until September so I'm pretty free Relby noticed some more people making their way to the museum. Maybe they would have quite a team, after all. He made no effort to approach any of them, though, preferring to keep to himself. The bell atop the museum rang as the clock hit 12. Zara, the purple scaled dragon, sighed as she stood up to put up another poster above her head, with an arrow pointing down towards her. She murmured to herself, "Here we go..." and sat back down, looking into the crowds, but at nobody in particular. Relby stopped leaning against a wall as the bell tolled. Standing up straight, he looked around the area for any signs of this 'Zara' person. He noticed the newly-placed poster and the dragon sitting below it at a table. That must be her, he thought, as he began to walk through the crowd to reach her. Kress looked up as the time was announced, grinning. Maybe he'd make some real money soon. He too noticed the poster, and made his way towards it, doing his best to see if he could pickpocket anyone on the way. A little extra cash wouldn't hurt anyone, would it?
August 15, 2016 at 6:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780
wow I only just realized that the spaces didn't work oops
--

August 15, 2016 at 6:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mits

ʸᵉᵃʰ ᵐʸ ᵖʳᵒᵇᶫᵉᵐ ᶦˢ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᶦ ᵖʳᵒᶜʳᵃˢᵗᶦᶰᵃᵗᵉ ᵐʸ ᵃˢˢᶦᵍᶰᵐᵉᶰᵗˢ ᵍᵒ ᵐᵉ

As Nika and Jam entered the vicinity of the museum, they both heard the ringing bell. Nika looked around for both Zara and her friends, with no clues on where either were. Jam stood there in quiet protest, against the entire trip.

"Hey, it's just a hunch, but maybe Zara's the one with a sign pointing to them." A voice familiar to Nika emerged, to which Nika whipped her head around.

"Cho... and Yoni! Finally, I was worried you’d changed your minds!” Nika jogged over to her friends, pulling Jam along with her, of course.

“Jam, this is Cho,” Nika gestured to a woman with loosely-styled dark hair who gave a lively hello back, “And this is Yoni,” a reserved young man bearing a sword made a brief hand wave, without a single word. Jam quietly said hello back.

“Anyway,” Cho pointed to the purple dragon, “I’ll bet that’s who we’re looking for, right?”

--

August 16, 2016 at 7:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780
Zara eventually noticed some people walking in her direction. One had a damaged hood on, and she could easily see he was trying his best to pickpocket other people. She said nothing, however - she didn't want the attention of an entire crowd. The other was a man in full body armour, and seemed to have a rifle and grenades on his belt. "This'll be interesting." She whispered to herself as she scanned the rest of the crowd for other people that, hopefully, were going to join her.
--

August 17, 2016 at 5:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780
(For some reason it won't let me 'paragraph' things so it all starts on the same line despite pressing enter like 4 times - and lol I do that with all my schoolwork to be honest)
--

August 17, 2016 at 5:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

mits

ᶦᵗ'ˢ ᵃᶫʳᶦᵍʰᵗ, ᶦᵗ'ˢ ˢᵗᶦᶫᶫ ᵉᵃˢʸ ᵗᵒ ʳᵉᵃᵈ⋅ ᵃᶰᵈ ᶦ ᵈᶦᵈ ᶦᵗ ᵃᵍᵃᶦᶰ⋅⋅⋅ᵐʸ ᶜʰᵉᵐᶦˢᵗʳʸ ʰᵒᵐᵉʷᵒʳᵏ ˢᵒᵇ

Looking in the direction her friend pointed, Nika's objective location was in plain sight, with the posters and all. Her facial expression turned fiercely happy, "Yes! Who else would it be?!"

She made a sprint for the location, this time carrying Jam. He was secretly thankful that he didn't have to run, albeit worried Nika would run into someone. Cho and Yoni jogged lightly behind the two, lagging behind a bit.

--

August 19, 2016 at 6:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

(I hate Chemistry with a passion. Math too. Also, it seems that internet explorer makes the spacing work LOL)

Zara noticed someone running towards her, carrying another person, with two others behind them. Were they here to join, or were they thieves? She kept a hand close to her sword, just in case.

Kress barely managed to sidestep out of the way of Nika, who almost crashed into his back. "Watch where you're walking, woman!" He shouted, and then noticed what direction she was running in. "Ugh, great." He muttered to himself. She'd most likely be on this 'team' as well. And she'd stopped him from getting an expensive looking bracelet.

Relby was first to the table, sitting at one of the empty chairs. He looked at Zara without saying a word. All he did was gesture to the poster, and Zara responded with a nod.

"We'll save introductions for later, if we get more people. And I think we're about to get some more very soon..." Zara said, looking at the group running towards her.

--

August 20, 2016 at 5:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

CAM omg can I join or am I too late

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

August 24, 2016 at 9:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780
People are meeting Zara for the first time right now, so you can still join - even if they were at Kalindarr, you could always say that they were there before them etc
--

August 25, 2016 at 5:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

mits

Nika ignored the comments as she came to an abrupt halt before the being she assumed was Zara. She set Jam down, who was completely out of breath, while she was still in a normal state. "Hey, you... dragon... are you Zara?"

Cho and Yoni finally caught up, Cho letting out a rough laugh, "Just a guess, with the signs and all."

--

September 5, 2016 at 10:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Hello there - yes, I'm Zara. Sorry if you expected someone different. This man here is also taking part." Zara nodded in response to Nika, and gestured to Relby. She smiled slightly before saying, "You look excited, for some reason."

Kress eventually caught up and sat down, looking very annoyed at Nika.

"Oh, are you here to assist as well?" Zara asked.

"Why else would I sit here?" Kress responded, looking at Nika again for a second, before looking back at Zara.

"Well, should we start introductions now? I'm Zara, obviously." Zara spoke, waiting for the others to introduce themselves.

Relby only said his name, and nothing more.

"The name's Kress. I hope this is over quick, I want to get going." Kress muttered.

"In due time - things still need a bit of preparation." Zara said, looking at the other members of the group and awaiting their responses.

--

September 6, 2016 at 10:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.