RES University

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Creature Roleplays > The Ashes of Kalindarr

cam6780
Hey everyone, my friend Jesus (Hay-Zeus) will be joining this roleplay, but since his account has been pending for more than 2 months now, he's going to type his replies to me, and I'll post them here on my account.
--

December 11, 2016 at 8:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

A while ago, not to far the museum, a blimp crashed, carrying 4 individuals. Their species originated from the "Pokémon" species, all looking wildly different from each other.
"Hurry up! We are going to be late!" Shouted Blaze to his friends, Blaze was a Blaziken, he looked scrappy, his fur covered in black dirt spots and rubble due to the crash.
"I don't know why you want to go to this place so far Blaze, we just got here..." Quipped Richard, he was a Linoone, and a extraordinarily small one at that. He was being carried in Blaze's arms.

"We got here a while ago Blaze, can we at least eat something first?" A Grovyle asked, however his body would say otherwise. His left eye, arms, legs and his stomach looked mechanical. He was a cyborg, his right arm was sparking a bit from the crash landing a while ago.
"Grovyle, you don't even eat." snapped Rose, a Gardevoir. She seemed to have miraculously not sustained any injuries or even scratches from the crash landing.
"Quit your bickering, we are going to see what this "Kalindarr" place is all about, we don't have anything better to do anyways" Said Blaze, as they headed down to the museum.

December 11, 2016 at 9:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"Well, everyone, we shall be leaving soon. I'll stay here for about a minute or so longer, in case any more wish to join. I know I said I wouldn't be waiting, but I think it'd be nice to give a minute's extra time. When we do leave, we'll be heading into the museum to arrange our transport." Zara spoke to the people at the table, looking into the crowds for signs of others that may want to join them on their journey.

Relby replied with a nod, and Kress just grunted, already growing impatient.

--

December 11, 2016 at 10:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

The crew of pokemon continued their way forward until they saw the museum, the very architecture and modern structure of Sylvus fascinated them, especially Richard, who's interest in science made him question everything surrounding him.

"Hey, we are looking for the person who put those posters up for a journey to Kalindarr!" Shouted Blaze, he and his friends looked terribly confused in the crowd of people, continuing their way upwards until they are just outside the museum.

Cam:

Zara heard the word 'Kalindarr' being shouted in the crowd, and she looked at the source of the voice. This also caught the attention of Kress and Relby, who followed her gaze. Zara saw the creature who'd spoken - it was something she'd never seen before, an odd creature with two legs, arms, and a beak. She gave him a wave.

"Ugh, is that what I think it is? One of those 'Pokemon' things?" Kress muttered. "They're always annoying."

Relby said nothing, only watching.

--

December 11, 2016 at 10:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

Blaze waved back, and the crew followed until they reached the table.

"Hi, I'm Blaze, is this where the meeting to go to Kalindarr is being held?" he asked, the creature he saw in front of him looked very peculiar, he had never seen a dragon before, at least not one like Zara. In fact, none of the crew had ever seen anything other than pokemon in their entire lives, this sudden culture shock is bewildering them to say the least.

" Well she and the people behind her looked prepared to go off into a dangerous area, so I would say so." Richard remarked, his small eyes looking as if they were going to pop off from the fascination in this place.

"No sh**." remarked the Grovyle.

Cam:

Zara nodded as a greeting before she spoke. "Yes, this is most definitely the meeting. You're probably the final people that're gonna show up, I bet. Unless we run into people on the way. Before we get into business, I must ask - is this your first time in Sylvus? Or Skarlec, even? You just seem quite...fascinated by your surroundings, is all."

"Oh great. Tourists. Pokemon tourists. This'll be great." Kress muttered under his breath.

Relby, as usual, said nothing.

--

December 11, 2016 at 11:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

"To be quite honest, this is the first time we have ever gone out of our village, we have come really because of... circumstances." Blaze replied, and took a seat.

"The only reason we are here really is because I read about this place in a book once, and would quite like to meet a certain someone." Richard continued on, Blaze set him down on the table.

"And me and Grovyle are here with them mostly because we had no where else for us to go" finished off Rose, she took a seat along with Mark, and was quietly observing both Relby and Kress, their appearance seemed strange to her.

Cam:

Zara's eyes lit up when Richard said he'd read about the place. "A book? Was it, per chance, written by Amber? Amber the Seraphynx? Also, forgive me, my name is Zara. But, back to the book..."

"The hell are you looking at, lady?" Kress snapped, noticing Rose looking at him.

Relby didn't speak again, but nodded when Blaze explained himself slightly.

December 11, 2016 at 11:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

Sparky found herself on the brink of an exciting, presumably scarring adventure once again. She was much older than she had been before, but still had the naive heart of a child. She stood firmly on the grounds of the entrance to the museum. Before her stood a group of individuals so diverse that she could hardly fathom how they had come to coexist in the same universe. There were creatures of all shapes and sizes, each unique in their own right. With one hand secured on the thick strap of her messenger bag, Sparky eagerly awaited an opportunity to make herself known and join the team.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

December 16, 2016 at 5:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

"In fact it was! It was a rare book back where I was from, that's why I have some knowledge on this area." Richard's eyes widened, Zara was the first person he knows that actually also bothered to read Amber's book.

"Its also another reason why we are here, he directed us here." The Grovyle spoke, he had opened his stomach hatch to hand Richard a beer.

Rose stayed quiet at Kress's remark, not sure if to say anything or just stay quiet. Maybe it was for the better to stay quiet, he didn't seem to have a... friendly ambience to him.

Cam:

"How many of them did you read? Did you get up to Glaede's attempt to bring back the ancient dragons?" Zara asked, the excitement clearly showing in her expression. She felt like a little kid again, talking about her favourite book series, and her childhood heroes.

"Can we cut all this fantasy c**p and get the hell out of here?" Kress snapped. He didn't come here to listen to two geeks freak out over some stupid book. He came for the money.

"Oh, right! Sorry. I can get pretty carried away about this place. Uhm. Right, we'll be going. Into the museum, that's where we'll get our ride!" Zara said, standing up and walking up the steps to the museum, with the rest following. She stopped when she noticed Sparky, and the group stopped behind her.

"Oh, hello there. Are you planning to join our little adventure? Or were you just visiting the museum?" Zara asked.

Relby sighed to himself - another person meant more people to take care of, in terms of medical assistance. Kress just hoped the girl would be useful, or even better, wouldn't bother joining.

--

December 16, 2016 at 5:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"Planning on joining, if that's alright with you." It was a quick reply, but Sparky didn't want to delve into her entire life story or elaborate on the reasons why she wanted to join.

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

December 16, 2016 at 6:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

"That's great! We'll do proper introductions later, after I get our means of transport sorted. We'll be doing that in the museum, and I think it's about time we entered. I have a friend that works here - she'll be the person we talk to." Zara spoke. The amount of people that had willingly joined her surprised her - she thought she'd never get any help, what with her plain poster and lack of other information on it. She opened one of the museum's double entrance doors, and held it open for the others, gesturing for them to go inside.

Kress just muttered something to himself when the girl announced she'd be joining. Yet another person that could get on his nerves, or just be completely useless.

Relby, as usual, said nothing, as he and Kress entered the museum.

--

December 17, 2016 at 2:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"Pardon?" Sparky asked aloud as she followed the other recruits into the museum. She could have sworn one of them had muttered something, but it'd nearly been inaudible. 

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

December 17, 2016 at 4:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Quick note: Jesus is going to Spain for the Christmas Holidays, so i'm unsure when/if he'll be able to reply. I don't want to get too far ahead, especially in the museum, as this segment will be important for people who aren't familiar with the older RP plots (Eg, Rukk, Glaede).

When everyone was through the door, Zara entered herself, letting the door close behind her. The main lobby was very clean, with marble tiles and walls painted a snowy white. Some statues depicting creatures were on display, each with their own little information box on the bases that they stood on. Other small paintings were around, but otherwise, the main lobby was pretty empty. There were two doorways on either side of the room, leading further into the museum. A waiting area with a few cushioned seats was in the corner, next to a secretary's desk.

A pink scaled dragon, the same height as Zara, was looking bored to death, tapping a pen on the desk while looking at her computer monitor.

"Well, that's her! Come and say hi, everyone." Zara spoke up.

--

December 18, 2016 at 5:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

Blaze and the crew looked in awe at the museum, the culture shock was stacking up more and more with every little thing they see, it seems that they have missed a lot of history in their years in the village.

"Hello" They all said simultaneously to the pink scaled dragon. Rose however seemed to be staring more at Sparky, she was intrigued by how humans looked like.

Cam:

The pink scaled dragon jumped at the sound of all the greetings, almost falling out of her chair, looking quite flustered. "Oh. Uh. Hello. Sorry, the museum doesn't get many visitors-" She stopped as she looked at them, an odd bunch of creatures, and Zara. This must have been the team her friend had gotten together.

"Are you here for the transport to Kalindarr? My name's Rosie." Rosie asked.

"Yeah Rosie, we are. Bet you're surprised people wanted to join me, huh? I know I am." Zara replied.

"Uh huh, I am...quite surprised. But at least that means you'll all be safer, right? Anyway, down to business. Firstly, I'll be giving you my robot, REX, to help you guys out. I mean, it's the least I can do aside from giving you a way to get there. Secondly, your transport. Admittedly, I don't have it ready to go yet, and it'll take a while - but I would say it'd be worth the wait to draw less attention. I mean, you don't want a hundred people following you, do you?" Rosie explained, pressing a button on the desk that opened up a sliding door, and a white robot with blue stripes rolled out. It soon unrolled, having three legs, three blue eyes and two arms which ended in laser cannons for hands.

"Hello there. I am REX. Reliable Entity Exteriminator. I have been given to you temporarily by Rosie to assist on your adventure." REX explained.

"Thanks, Rosie. I really mean it." Zara smiled. "While we wait then, I think we'll take a look around the museum. And then maybe later, we can visit Paws' place, if everyone's up for that?" She turned to the group.

"Whatever." Kress muttered. Relby just nodded.

--

December 19, 2016 at 9:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jade

"Yeah, sure," Sparky said absent-mindedly. She hadn't been near this many people (was that even the right term for them?) in a while, and was still somewhat unaccustomed to social interaction. "It's nice to meet you all."

--

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰;)◜✧˖°

January 29, 2017 at 1:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

The main lobby was quite large, offering few displays - two open archways were on the left and right sides, leading further into the museum. The archway on the left had golden letters above it, reading BEGIN, and the archway on the right read END.

"If you're keen on looking around, I'd start with the left path! Unless you don't want to, that's fine too. It's just that the left would let you guys see things in more of a...chronological order." Rosie piped up, tapping away at her computer. "Oh yeah, and entry's free."

"Likewise, Sparky. So, are any of your familiar with the history this place has?" Zara asked.

"I know it's boring and a waste of time." Kress muttered, sitting down on one of the couches in the corner.

"Well, you can wait there while we have a look around." Zara sighed. This guy was going to be...hard to work with. But she'd make it work, they all had to work together if they were to survive.

"If you have questions about the exhibits, do not feel afraid to ask me." REX spoke. "All of the museum explanations are stored in my memory drives."

Zara began to walk towards the left archway, with Relby following along without a word - the only noise he made was his footsteps.

--

January 30, 2017 at 1:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

The crew of pokemon followed Zara and Richard.
"I have read up the first volume, as it was the only book I could get my hands on in the village anyways." Richard quipped, he is looking around the museum in pure awe.
"...... things sure are bigger around here...." Rose was astonished by how large the entire area is, nothing in the village compared to this.
Blaze looked around quietly, while the Grovyle looked.... very bored.

Cam:

"Your part mechanical friend highlights the very reason the museum is always so quiet. Nobody finds it interesting nowadays." REX spoke, but didn't continue.

"Well, some of us like it. Come on, we're almost at the first main exhibit! The Dark Master. First threat to this world..." Zara said excitedly, even though she'd visited this place more than 7 times.

Relby just followed on, looking around at relics and paintings on the hallway walls.

Then, the hallway turned into a larger, square room. In the center was a statue made of rock, painted a jet black. It was of a tall, menacing figure, with clawed fingers and two pointy ears. No legs were seen, it seemed like whoever this was either lacked legs, or wore a robe. Engraved on its support stand below it were the words: THE DARK MASTER.

Along the walls were paintings of him, and numerous pictures of the dreaded shadow monsters he had under his control. Teeth were among the display cases, as well as pictures from a deserted laboratory, full of stasis pods.

--

January 30, 2017 at 2:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

Richard looked at the displays in fascination.
"I cant believe I would actually ever get to SEE these things in person, history and its relics all in one convenient place!" Richard said, his excitement clearly showing.
"Glad you are enjoying it." Blaze quipped as he carried him.
Rose started drifting around more and more from the group, looking at the exhibits on her own.
The Grovyle gave up trying to learn anything, he decided to just go along with anything they say if it ever becomes relevant.
"So, where were you made?" He asks REX.

Cam:

"I was manufactured on an assembly line in the Syltech Headquarters, located in this very city." REX replied, not showing much emotion back to the Grovyle.

"Yeah, the Dark Master was the first threat. He controlled shadow monsters like the ones in the pictures....overall, a nasty guy. But these guys stopped him." Zara said, pointing to some framed pictures - one was a blue scaled dragon, another a werewolf, with the final one being a normal house cat. In order, their frames were labeled - ACE, CRACK and PAWS.

"The next exhibit....all about the Blackfrost...." Zara continued.

Relby went at his own pace, behind the group, looking at every display they went by.

--

January 30, 2017 at 2:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

The museum kept the same format, having a hallway leading to a larger room for the bigger, more impactful events. The next large room was designed like the first in a square, with a statue of two beings in the center - a large bird-like creature and an even bigger mass of what appeared to be ice. The engravings read BLACKFROST ANIVIA and THE BLACKFROST.

"Man, this was one to remember. Anivia was actually corrupted by this 'Blackfrost' being, and the pair set out to cover the world in corrupted ice, making an eternal winter. Thankfully, they were stopped." Zara explained, looking back at the group.

The same framed pictures from the previous exhibit were present, with the addition of a Zapdos, the frame labelled 'SHOCKER'.

--

March 12, 2017 at 5:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

Blaze and Richard's eyes both grew at the picture.

"Shocker..."

"So that's where he went off!" Richard excitedly quipped.

Cam:

"Yeah, I thought you'd like this part." Zara said with a slight smile. She continued to the next room.

The next room was much taller to fit the size of the statue - it was an odd robotic figure, on caterpillar tracks. It had a human-like body that seemed to be wearing a suit, with two arms and gloved hands. Its head was nowhere near human, however. A large grin and two wide, circular eyes with what seemed like a lightbulb sticking out of its head. On the back was another face, but its mouth was turned upside-down, in a frown. The engraving read THE VOICE.

--

March 12, 2017 at 6:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

The Grovyle looks at the statue of The Voice.

"He looks like a friggin' dork."

Rose giggles at this remark.

Cam:

"Yeah. But he was actually quite a threat - if things went his way. He had a lot of minions, as you see on the pictures, and they were pretty deadly back then. Luckily, things always went wrong for him. In fact, the majority of mistakes were caused by this robot here! " Zara pointed at a small model of a R.O.B robot. "He was, well, pretty useless."

--

March 12, 2017 at 8:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.