RES University

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Creature Roleplays > The Ashes of Kalindarr

cam6780

Jesus:

"So on top of looking like a dork, he had a useless minion as well? Man talk about being never lucky...."
The grovyle then once again wandered off, not paying full attention to most of the exhibits.

Cam:

Zara frowned. This guy's attitude wasn't the best. She continued on to the next main area. This room had a purple carpet, and some purple paint covered the walls. It wasn't as bright as the other rooms. The center had a statue of a humanoid figure, in a suit. It had clawed hands, and a wide brimmed hat. Its face was featureless, save for two intimidating eyes. The engraving simply read: RUKK.

Zara was silent for a bit as they entered.

The pictures on the room showed many creatures with black scales. They were all large, and seemed very powerful. Off to the side was a statue of a group of figures, each with weapons, notably a chainsaw, a katana and a flamethrower. Next to them was a cat-like creature, who wore a witches hat. Engraved were the words: THE BAND and SALEM.

--

March 12, 2017 at 9:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

"Come on, show some more respect" Blaze nudged him, the Grovyle simply sighed.

Everyone walks in, and looks up at the statue.

"I am going to be honest, I couldn't finish off the book series, so I only know Rukk's name, I have no idea what he did." Richard spoke quietly.

"Well... he sure does look intimidating." Rose looked at the other statues of the creatures.

Cam:

Zara's voice faltered slightly. "Rukk was.....well. He did the worst things out of all the things you'll see here today. Hundreds of creatures captured and killed. Hundreds were just slaughtered. He lead his race, the Shadeaths, into battle in an attempt to take over, and become the only sentient species on the planet. The Shadeaths were all strong and intimidating - each had their own unique power. Rukk had them all, and worse. He could get other people's abilities if he killed them. He was ruthless and strong, but eventually defeated."

She pointed at a painting of a green sword.

"This is what killed him - the Life Sword. Wielded by the late Grace, the life dragon. The aftermath was devastating for her - life dragons are pacifists, first off. During this time, Rukk killed all her friends. Then, as a last resort, he tried to unleash nightmarish creatures. These creatures were trapped in her last living friend's mind - Frank. She had to slay him herself to save everyone else."

Zara stayed quiet afterward, giving everyone time to look at various pictures.

Some pictures were labelled 'KREGG', 'JANN', 'RUBII' and 'VEXX', along with many more. In the section where Crack's picture was, some new pictures were joining them. A green scaled dragon, Grace, with Amber the Seraphynx.

Relby looked around at his own pace.

--

March 12, 2017 at 9:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

"Oh dear...." Richard looked at the picture of the life sword.

"That's ****ed up." The grovyle said quietly, so far the only intimidating villain that he has encountered in this museum was  Rukk, easily.

Cam:

"Yeah. Not all Shadeaths were bad, though. We had Rubii. And afterwards, we met Jann." Zara nodded. She quietly walked to the next exhibit.

The next returned to the basic structure - in the center was a robotic figure with two chainsaws for hands, and caterpillar track wheels. The engraving read 'RIKKTOR'. There wasn't much in this exhibit, but pictures showed robotic versions of Crack and the like.

"This guy, Rikktor, attacked almost straight after people were recovering from Rukk's attacks. He wanted to get rid of all organic life." Zara sighed.

--

March 12, 2017 at 10:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

"Man what a jerk, kicking people when they are down." Grovyle spoke.

"But Grovyle, you did that too... more people than I can actually count." Blaze questioned the Grovyle.

"Shut up!!" The Grovyle's robotic eye turned to a ">: (" emoji.

Cam:

They soon reached the final exhibit, which featured a large, four legged dragon statue, with the engraving reading GLAEDE. Pictures of her mighty castle lined the walls, and various pictures of her scales glowing.

"Finally, we have Glaede. She was one of the ancient dragons. Her ambition was to bring back her race and reclaim what was once theirs, many years ago. When her portal was damaged, she went to plan B, and tried detonating the planet's core." Zara explained.

--

March 12, 2017 at 10:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

"Man, there can be dragons as big as that here!?" Blaze looked up, he seem impressed by the Glaede section.

"It's a good thing she failed in the end, seeing as we are all here." Rose looked at the many pictures.

"So, where to next?" The Grovyle looked at Zara.

Cam:

The group looped back to the main entrance. Kress stood up. "Finally." He muttered.

"Yes, dragons that big can exist. Shadeaths could potentially get to that size, but only two massive ones were recorded. It's a good thing they're extinct now." Zara said, replying to Blaze's remarks. She then turned to the group.

"I hope you learnt a lot. I'll see you later when your ride is ready!" Rosie waved from her desk, then got back to work.

"Well, we have some time to kill.....we could look around Sylvus if you want." Zara suggested, waving at Rosie. "We could even see if we could meet that Paws fellow at his club if you like! Or visit Syltech's main building....or my house. Or we could get a bite to eat, if anyone's hungry."

Relby shrugged, not caring what they chose.

"Any would suffice." REX spoke.

--

March 12, 2017 at 11:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

"Syltech? Maybe they can make Grovyle stronger there!" Richard laughed.

"What, am I not strong enough for you already?"

"I am just saying, some extra improvements could come in handy."

"He is right, it could be worth our time." Blaze butted in.

"Well alright then, lets see if its alright with everyone else. Hey Zara! Lets go to that Syltech joint!" The Grovyle approached Zara.

Cam:

"Syltech? You want to look around, or is there another reason?" Zara asked.

"Ugh, that place is way overpriced. Better to just steal things." Kress muttered.

"I do not suppose you could translate every known language while powering an energy shield and teaching advanced mathematics at the same time." REX spoke up.

"You cocky little..." Kress approached the robot, but Relby put his hand on his chest to stop him.

"I don't see any objections, but my question still remains." Zara continued, looking at Grovyle.

--

March 12, 2017 at 11:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

"Well we want to see if they can do any improvements to me, could come in handy, y'know?" the Grovyle had the " : D " emoji in his eye.

Cam:

"Well, alright. But it is quite expensive - they won't do it for free." Zara warned.

"Yeah, and we sure as hell aren't paying just so you get a fancy new toy." Kress growled.

"Come along then, it's down this road." Zara said, gesturing for the group to follow her out of the museum, and along a sidewalk.

Civilians walked by, not paying them any attention.

--

March 12, 2017 at 12:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

"That's fine, we thankfully brought some things of value" Richard spoke to Zara.

"Yeah, Apples... wood.... tools....."
Blaze was starting to name down items that had no real value.
"And this useless diamond." Rose finished him off
"Oh yeah, that thing, I hope its enough."

Cam:

"Did you idiots just call a diamond useless?!" Kress said angrily, looking at Rose, then Blaze. "Christ."

"A diamond might get you something. But not a whole lot. I wouldn't expect too much of an upgrade if that's what you're going to pay with." Zara said, ignoring Kress' angry remarks.

Relby, staying true to his personality, stayed quiet.

Eventually, the group reached a very tall building, made of white metal. It had the occasional dark blue window, and the Syltech logo was near the top. At the entrance were four double sliding doors, with people going in an out.

--

March 12, 2017 at 12:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

Both the Grovyle and Richard quickly head in.
"Hey, wait up!" Blaze and Rose quickly followed the two.

"So where do we ask??!" The Grovyle looked around eagerly, so did Richard.

Cam:

The rest followed hastily.

Inside, there were many organized queues. There was also a small waiting area with magazines and leaflets. The walls, ceiling and floor were a clean white, and lights lit up the whole area from the ceiling. The queues had signs above them, reading: CUSTOMER SERVICE, JOB INQUIRIES, PURCHASES and finally, UPGRADE REQUESTS. The majority of people were in the purchases line, with nobody in the upgrade request line. A bored looking werewolf was leaning on her counter, tapping her fingers on it out of boredom.

"I'd say try that line." Zara suggested. "You go, we'll just wait here."

Zara, REX, Kress and Relby moved to the waiting area, taking a seat each. Except REX, because. He can't.

--

March 12, 2017 at 12:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

Grovyle and Richard head down to the sign saying UPGRADE REQUESTS, Blaze and Rose sit down on a chair next to everyone else.
"So.... what do you guys do in particular?" Asked Rose. "As in... like.... fighting wise... seeing as this Kalindarr place looks dangerous."

"Hello, we would like to ask about potential upgrades to my friend here!" Richard eagerly spoke to the werewolf

"Hiya!" Grovyle waved at her.

Cam:

"Well, I use this sword." Zara said, but she didn't take it off her back. "It was given to me by my father when I was 18. I can fit elemental gems into the socket, and the sword will change depending on which one. The best part is that I can combine gems. If I had a water and electric gem, the power would be boosted significantly. Sadly, all I have is a fire gem."

"Knives. Poison knives. Blink device. That's all you need to know." Kress muttered.

Relby held one of his grenades. He then put it back on his belt and got out his rifle. He put that back too. "Grenades emit gas that rapidly closes wounds. Expensive to make. Time consuming, too."

"Shields, and lasers. That is my arsenal." REX responded.

The werewolf looked surprised, blinking. "Oh, hello." She looked at Grovyle, with a bit of a confused expression. "Upgrades? We could try, but it would require a fee, of course."

--

March 12, 2017 at 12:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

"How much will it cost?" Asked Richard.
"And what sort of upgrades can you do?" Asked the Grovyle.

"That's pretty cool." Blaze looked at Relby's grenades.

"Those grenades can heal? Woah." Rose looked at them in awe "You know, I can also heal people as well!"

Cam:

"Well, we have a large selection. There are complete redos, which will change your look entirely. There are weapon enhancements. Those are quite expensive. If you're looking for the cheaper side, there are smaller upgrades. For example, interchangable weapons, or radio wave sensors. As for price, the highest tiers are 3500 dollars. For interchanging weapons, for example, that would be about 1000."

"Good." Relby responded.

"Yeah, we might need all the healing we can get." Zara added.

--

March 12, 2017 at 12:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

"That's a lot of options..." Grovyle thought to himself.
"How much can this get us?" Richard put down on the desk a apple from the Grovyle's stomach hatch.

Cam:

The werewolf looked at Richard in disbelief. "Is...is that a joke? That can get you a snack for yourself. But no upgrades."

--

March 12, 2017 at 1:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

"... We are going to need something more valuable dude." Richard looked back at the Grovyle.
"Ok, ok. How about... THIS!" He lays on the table a plank of wood.
"That's got to be worth something, right?"

Cam:

The werewolf frowned. "Look, I'm gonna have to ask you to leave if you keep doing this."

--

March 12, 2017 at 2:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

"Alright Richard, time to bring out the big guns."
"Oh boy, you asked for this."
The grovyle begins to rummage through his stomach, the sounds of metal clashing with other objects is heard..
"... HERE!"
He pulls out a big diamond from his stomach, its beautiful shape perfectly reflecting the lights in the building.
"... nope wrong item, this is useless." He then lays the crystal on the desk, it leaves a small dent, and then he pools out a wrench.
"This and everything together should cover the costs, right?"

Cam:

"Uh, keep the wrench. This should JUST cover an interchangable weapon upgrade. Just." The werewolf spoke. "That is, if you want that."

--

March 12, 2017 at 2:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

"We will take it!" the duo say in agreement.
"Man, look at this person, not taking the apple!" the Grovyle sniggered.

Cam:

"For your wellbeing, apples are not worth much here. Neither is wood, or a...wrench." The werewolf sighed, putting the diamond in a drawer. "Well, follow me. Just the robot, please."

She stepped out, and gestured for the Grovyle to follow her towards some sliding doors.

--

March 12, 2017 at 2:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

Grovyle patted Richard on the head, lifted him, and threw him at Blaze like a rugby ball, only for Blaze to catch him in his hands, safely.

"They said they will upgrade him!" Richard smiled at him, and Grovyle followed the werewolf.

Cam:

Grovyle was led through some corridors, until they reached what looked like a doctor's operating room. Wasting no time, some technicians got to work right away.

After a while, they finished, and the werewolf waited for him when he left the room.

"Hi there. You have quite an odd....crystal inside you, don't you think? Anyway, you should be able to use a blaster now, as well as have the potential to swap weapons out with your arms. The exit is over there, have a nice day." She gestured to the same sliding door, which led back to the main lobby.

--

March 12, 2017 at 2:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

"Aye thanks m8" The Grovyle turned around and left.

"So how did it go?" Blaze looked up at him.

"I have a blaster now! So that's pretty cool." The grovyle had a wide grin on his face.

Cam:

"Great, that'll come in handy. We still have some time to kill though. Any thoughts on where we should go next?" Zara asked.

Kress and Relby made no comment.

--

March 12, 2017 at 2:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

"I don't know, is anyone here hungry? If not, let's go to that club you mentioned." Blaze said.
"I am a bit hungry..." Rose quipped, but then gets handed an apple by Richard.
"I cant even eat, so..." The grovyle shrugged, with his eye doing the ": P" emoji.

Cam:

Relby shook his head.

"Not hungry." Kress muttered.

"I guess we're going to visit Paws' place then!" Zara said, leaving the Syltech building. The group followed, and once again walked down the street.

It was relatively easy to find Paws' place, due to the loud music and colourful lights coming from it.

"Here we are." Zara said. "Let's go!"

She stepped in, there was no entry door, just an open archway. The group followed, and they were greeted by a large crowd of creatures partying to the music, and colourful lights were everywhere. There were cushioned chairs and tables, occupied by creatures having a meal or a simple drink, as well as a bar. In front of the dance floor was a DJ area, occupied by a light grey housecat, who looked like he was having a ton of fun.

"Ugh, loud." Kress sighed.

"Yes, indeed, this is....louder than what normal human ears should handle." REX commented.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4m1qrsAekw

--

March 12, 2017 at 2:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

"Ayyy this is more like it!" The grovyles head moved up and down to the beat. Rose covered Richard's ears, while Blaze acted normal.
"... is that Paws over there?" Richard pointed at the grey housecat. "I think that's the one from the books and the museum, right?"

Cam:

"Yeah!" Zara had to shout over the music and the crowd. "That's him!"

"How are we all today, dudes?!" Paws yelled. A lot of cheering and applause followed. "Yeah! That's what I like to hear! Party all day, and all night!"

--

March 12, 2017 at 2:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

"I can get behind that!" The Grovyle dances to the beat, enjoying the groove and all that jazz.

"We are doing good, thanks." Blaze responded, followed by nods of agreement from Richard and Rose.

Cam:

Paws didn't hear any of their replies, due to the loud music and the crowd cheering. Things were happy here, cheerful. Nobody seemed to care that the world could be at stake.

"Well, we could talk to him if we got closer, if you wanted. Or we could just go. Up to you guys!" Zara called.

"I'd rather leave. This place is too loud and crowded." Kress complained. Again.

Relby shrugged, not caring what they decided to do.

--

March 25, 2017 at 4:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.