RES University

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Creature Roleplays > The Ashes of Kalindarr

cam6780

Jesus:

"I think we should move on, or else Grovyle over here is going to get too deep into this and not want to go." Blaze looked over at Grovyle, he also seemed like he didnt have a care in the world.

"I CANT HEAR YOU LALALALALALALALA!"

"Yeah, lets leave." Richard and Rose said simultaneously.

Cam:

"Right!" Zara called, leaving the club through the main entrance. Kress quickly followed, as did Relby and REX.

"Huh...Maybe we should go see if Rosie's got our ride ready." Zara suggested, looking at the group.

--

March 25, 2017 at 4:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

The group nods at her in agreement, with Rose pulling the Grovyle out by the leaf on his head.

"Oh come on I was just starting to get into it as well!"

Cam:

The group made their way back to the museum. A note was left on the reception desk, written in blue pen. It read:
"Zara and co, come to the garage when you're ready! You can get there by using the door behind the reception desk."

"Huh. Well, no time to waste." Zara nodded, pushing the small door open and heading into the reception area. The others followed, nobody made many comments.

Rosie's computer was still left on, displaying a headline on a newspaper: SHADEATHS EXTINCT - FINAL SURVIVOR ERADICATED.

--

March 25, 2017 at 4:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

"Let's get going then." Blaze and his crew followed, although only Richard looks over at the computer screen. He is not sure what to make of the news, he just hopes that no bad shadeath gets in their way.

Cam:

Zara opened the door, and the group walked in. The garage with simple. It had grey walls and a few metal shelves for boxes and tools. This must be where they move exhibits in an out. The most interesting part, however, was their means of transport in the center, with Rosie sitting on a small chair next to it, reading a newspaper. The transport was a carriage, big enough for the whole group. It was to be pulled by two horses - completely made out of ice. They let off an icy aura.

"Whoa." Zara murmured.
"Oh, hello there! I didn't expect you to be back to early." Rose said, standing up. She put her newspaper down. "It may not be the fastest, but it's the best I could do."

"Yes, the pay here is not the best. Especially with Rosie's spending habits." REX spoke, and this clearly agitated the pink dragon.

"That's fine, Rosie." Zara replied, looking at the carriage.
"Eh, it's alright." Kress shrugged. Relby just watched the horses.

--

March 25, 2017 at 4:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

"Woah!" Richard looked at the carriage in amazement. "They're frozen!  How did that even happen?"
"Holy fish moly." Grovyle looked at the horses as well, the whole crew in general is amazed by this, obviously their village had nothing of the sort.

Cam:

"Oh, they're not frozen. They're just completely made out of ice. They're a species found a few regions away, covered in snow and ice." Rosie shrugged. "They're quite common here, you know!"

"Yeah, she's right." Zara chuckled at their surprise. "Alright, come on. Let's get in."

She opened the door, revealing the seating area - it had blue cushions and the like, with small windows to look through.

They all entered the carriage, and Zara shut the door, looking out the window at Rosie.

"Please be careful, alright?" Rosie spoke.

"Relax Rosie, I'm sure we can do this." Zara nodded at her.

Then, the carriage, and the group, began to flicker.

"Uh. Is this supposed to happen?" Kress asked.

"No! What the heck is happening to you guys?!" Rosie screamed. She tried opening the door, but it kept shut. "Zara! It's locked! I can't-"

Her voice was cut off.

The group, along with the carriage, had left the garage completely, leaving Rosie on her own.

The group heard a gust of wind outside, and could see snow falling. They had stopped flickering, however.

"Um. Is everyone alright?" Zara asked, after a moment of silence.

"Yeah. But...what the hell was that?" Kress asked.

"We seem to have been...forcefully relocated. By an unknown force." REX piped up. "I suggest we exit the carriage."

--

March 25, 2017 at 5:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

"What the fu**ity fu** just happened?!!?!?" The Grovyle looked stunned, and his eye did the @[email protected] expression.

Richard looked dizzy, while Blaze and Rose remained cool and collected.

"Forcefully relocated, huh.." Blaze began to move his head around to try and find clues on what just happened. He and his crew exited the carriage, along with the others.

Cam:

Upon stepping outside, they were in some sort of canyon - two giant mountains towered over them to the left and right, giving them two paths. The path the carriage was facing towards showed a large gate up ahead, joined by a circular platform made up of many cobbled bricks. The other path seemed empty. There was a harsh blizzard behind them, obscuring vision. Their horses had run off into the blizzard, as something seemed to have slashed at their reigns.

"Well. This is.....different." Zara murmured.
"Screw going that way." Kress said, pointing at the blizzard. "Guess we can only go towards that gate."

"Agreed." Relby nodded.

"Yes, wise." REX spoke.

"Come on you guys, it's getting cold..." Zara shivered. She began walking towards the gate, leaving footprints in the snow.

--

March 25, 2017 at 5:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

The crew kept quiet for the time being, following along.

Cam:

The group reached the stone platform. The gate ahead was very tall, and accompanied by stone walls of equal height. Carvings were on the gate doors.

"You know, if those carvings are right, this....this is Kalindarr." Zara spoke.

"Great. What are we waiting for?" Kress asked, taking a step forward.

The group heard the sound of flame burning. Above the gate, a figure was flying in mid-air with what seemed to be a jetpack strapped to his back. He slowly descended, and turned it off a couple of centimeters from the ground, making a thud as he hit the floor.

It seemed to be a dragon, two legged like Zara - it had dark blue scales, but these were barely noticeable underneath the metal armor it wore across its body, including its head and tail. It looked at the group - its expression could not be seen, but it probably wasn't good. It took two swords out of its holsters, each glowing with a faint aura similar to that of the horses that were supposed to be with the carriage.

"Uh oh." Zara murmured, drawing her sword.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFrcmJQencc

--

March 25, 2017 at 5:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

"State who you are, are you here to fight us?" Blaze got into a battle stance, he raised his hands infront of him and got his legs in position. A stance similar to that of a boxing fighter.

"Wait, so are we going to fight him then?" The Grovyle stared at the dragon.

"Seems like so." Rose backed off a little, nearing more to Relby.

"If so....." Richard immediately makes way to hide behind anyone, he isn't the best of fighters, in fact he can't fight at all due to his size.

Cam:

The dragon gave no response, rushing towards Zara with his swords ready. He gave a quick strike, which Zara blocked, before kicking her in the stomach to push her backward.

Relby fired his rifle, and they left burn marks on the dragon's armour - they did not pierce it, however. REX did the same, and got the same effect. Though each laser shot caused very minimal stagger.

The dragon responded to this by aiming his wrist at Relby, firing a net from a device on his armour. This collided, and tangled Relby, making him fall to the floor.

--

March 25, 2017 at 5:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

"I guess that answers it then." Blaze runs to Relby to help him get out of the net.

"Right then, time to test this out!" Grovyle's hand begins to change, and transforms to the newly installed blaster. Its sleek glimmer makes it obvious its brand new, and he begins firing along side REX at the armored dragon.

Rose's eyes light up, and she heads to Zara.

"Are you alright?" she began to inspect Zara for injuries.

Cam:

"I'm fine, thanks." Zara nodded, regaining her footing.

Kress ran at the dragon, slashing at him with his daggers - they barely made a dent, being unable to pierce the armor. He was met with an elbow to the face, and was kicked across the stone platform.

The dragon then turned his attention to Grovyle and REX, aiming his wrist at REX and firing a small rocket.

"I would suggest you moved out of the way." REX informed Grovyle.

Relby nodded a thanks as Blaze helped him get free.

--

March 25, 2017 at 5:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

Grovyle stops firing, and jumps out of the way, pushing REX at the same time to try and save him from the impact. Blaze begins to run at the armoured dragon, and begins to swing his fists at his armor. Rose in the mean time stands back and her hands begin charging a brown glow, although it leaves her open to fire.

And yes, Richard is cowering behind Rose.

Cam:

The rocket hits the floor, but takes away one of REX's three legs, toppling him over. "Ow."

The dragon staggered from Blaze's hits, but quickly responded with a headbutt and a double sword slash. He dashed backward quickly with help from his jetpack, and fired another net at Rose.

--

March 25, 2017 at 6:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

Rose gets caught in the net, but manages to fire a focus blast, directed at the dragon. Blaze staggers, and gets a cut on his arm, but backflips away from the other sword slash. The grovyle resumes firing, while Richard motivates our heroes on.

"Come on guys, keep at it!"

Cam:

The dragon gets hit by Rose's attack, sliding across the floor, but still standing.
Zara rushes at him, ready to slam her sword downward, when he backsteps again and jetpacks into the air. He fires a net at Zara before flying closer to Grovyle, where he uses his other wrist to fire a wave of flames at him.

Zara hits the net and makes it hit the floor, turning to look at where the dragon repositioned to. Relby has made his way around the circular platform, and aims at the dragon's jetpack from behind.

REX lies on the floor, not being able to to much. Kress throws throwing knives at the now airborne dragon, with only two sticking into the armor.

--

March 25, 2017 at 6:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

"OH-" Grovyle immediatly stops shooting, and darts out of the way of the flames, running for safety. Blaze begins to shoot fireballs at the dragon, although these are very weak, he isn't good at all when fighting airborne targets. Rose's eyes glow pink, and the net untangles from her, and she begins to charge a blast of psychic energy. Richard, on the other hand, comes out of hiding, with some tools on his hand, and approaches REX.

"Is there anyway I can fix you? I have some tools."

Cam:

The dragon shrugged off these fireballs, and fired a rocket at Blaze.

Relby fires at the dragon's jetpack after this, scoring a few direct hits - this makes him drop to the floor, where Zara is waiting with her sword, charging an attack.

As soon as the dragon hit the floor, she unleashed a move she'd practiced on for a long time - a deadly uppercut that made the sword move through the floor itself. This hit the dragon dead on, flinging him into the air and he came back down to earth with a large thud, landing on his stomach.

"If you find my leg, then please re-attach it." REX responded.

--

March 25, 2017 at 6:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

Blaze jumps out of the way, and waits for the dragon to rise so he can follow up Zara's attack with a couple of punches of his own. Mark, again, has resumed firing. Rose is still charging her attack, while Richard goes to look for REX's leg.

Cam:

The dragon slowly stood, surprised by the power of the move he'd been hit by. He soon takes the punches from Blaze, and is staggered backwards, being very open to attack.

REX's leg is at the edge of the circular platform.

--

March 25, 2017 at 6:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

Richard quickly waddles his way around the platform, and grabs the leg with his mouth, and drags it and makes his way to REX. Rose unleashes her psychic blast, and its aimed directly at the dragon, Blaze steps out of the way in order to not get hit by it.

Cam:

"Well done. A+ for your efforts." REX responded.

The dragon is hit directly by Rose's attack, which send him flying backwards into the wall that is next to the gate. He slides down it, slumped against it, his swords on the floor by his side.

Zara and Kress slowly walk towards him, followed by Relby.

As they do so, the gate shakes, and then opens, revealing a long, winding path made of cobblestone that leads towards a cylindrical, ancient looking building. The path was quite elevated, and below were many dead trees, and the floor was covered in ash. The rest of the region was blocked from view for now, by large boulders.

--

March 25, 2017 at 6:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

The crew all follow Zara and co.

"I guess we should advance." Blaze looked at the dragon, he thought to himself how curious yet effective that jetpack was.

"Should we just leave him here?" Rose asked.

"Yes, let's go before he wakes up or something!" The Grovyle immediatly followed it up.

"Does anyone have any idea who he is?" Richard's hair seemed a bit messy due to him being near the fight, but he doesn't have any injuries.

Cam:

"I'd say we just kill him." Kress muttered.

"No, Kress. The gates opened - we must've done something right. We let him live." Zara said sternly. "As for his identity....he seems familiar, but I can't put my finger on it."

Relby went back to pick REX up. "We'll attach your leg in that building over there."

"Alright. Onward." REX replied.

The group began walking down the winding path. The gate shut behind them.

"No going back now, I guess." Zara murmured. She looked back at the gate, and saw the dragon watching them as they left.

The path was old and worn - getting near the edges was risky. They continued on, getting closer and closer to the old building ahead.

--

March 25, 2017 at 6:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

The crew followed, although Grovyle looked back at the dragon, giving him the good ol' "I'm watching you" sign.

Cam:

The dragon did nothing in response, he just watched on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2llS87avh2w

The group entered the building. It was quiet, and the inside was made of old stone. There were two sets of stairs - one leading down to a larger area, and the other leading upward. The group could oversee the open area below from their position. In the middle was a burning flame surrounded by small pebbles, like a campfire. On one of the seats that surrounded this circular, open area, sat an old, white scaled dragon. She watched the flame flicker by herself, with her light blue eyes reflecting its light. She looked like she had been through a lot, but hadn't noticed the group's entrance.

--

March 25, 2017 at 6:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780

Jesus:

"OH HELLO THERE" Grovyle shouted, and waved his hands at the dragon.

"SHHHHH!!!" Rose grabbed Grovyle's mouth, and squeezed it shut.

Richard went off to help and put REX's leg back in, while Blaze approaches the dragon, greeting her.

Cam:

The old dragon jumped at this, being very startled. She looked up at the group before relaxing. Her voice was calm.
"Hello there." She spoke as the rest made their way down the stairs, towards her.
"I see you've beaten my father. I must ask.....did you let him live?"

"Yes. We did." Zara responded, putting her sword away.

"Thank you kindly. My name is Saphira. I live in this shrine, and take care of it. I offer help to travelers such as yourselves. There are no costs involved, mind you." Saphira nodded, standing up slowly, due to age.

"Thanks, I guess." Kress muttered, sitting down.

"Saphira? Like, -the- Saphira?" Zara asked, her eyes slightly wide.

"Yes, young one. I assume you've read little Amber's books?" Saphira responded with a slight smile.

"All of them, every single one!" Zara replied. "It's....it's an honor to meet you."

Saphira smiled again. "Pleased to meet you too. What are your names?"

"My name is Zara. That's Kress, this is Relby." Zara said, pointing to them. She introduced the others, too.

"I see. Why are you here?" Saphira asked.

"We've come to stop the ash from spreading." Zara replied.

"Oh....I see." Saphira murmured, sitting down. "Well, if that's the case, I will do what I can to help. You can use this place as shelter if you wish - I can get some makeshift beds set up in one of the rooms. Space isn't much of an issue."

"You don't need to, we can do that ourselves, it won't be too much of a hassle." Zara offered.

"Kind of you, but I will do it myself. You may want to just get familiar with this place, as previous travelers have. They found themselves coming back here to rest a lot. The stairs going upward will lead you to the exit, giving a great view of the region outside. The path over there..." She pointed at the far side of the large area, at an open archway. "Will lead to many spare rooms. And the larger archway close to me..." She pointed to a larger archway - it seemed to have stairs leading downward, but it looked pitch black down there. "Is a crypt. I've heard some troubling noises coming from down there, however - so I would avoid it."

"Thanks." Relby nodded.

Saphira stood, and made her way to the archway that had many rooms beyond it, going to set up beds for the group.

--

March 25, 2017 at 7:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780
IMPORTANT. The 'Ashes of Kalindarr' will be getting moved to a private skype group, as the captchas here, the site doesn't work on anything except Internet Explorer and the fact that Jesus still has no account. If one wants to join, contact me and I'll add you to it. From time to time I will return here and post a little update on what's happened etc.
--

May 28, 2017 at 9:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

mits

Okay sooo I dunno if y'all are still doing this rp on skype but if it's still active, is it ok for me to join?? I can catch up 8)

--

July 14, 2017 at 10:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cam6780
hey there, long time no see! It's active on skype, though it's been on a hiatus for 2 weeks while I finish school - I start summer vacation this Wednesday at last. If you want to join, just ask and I can add you to the group Skype Chat for it. However you might need to rearrange how your guys have entered the RP - they are currently in a ruin, maybe they could be redone as fellow explorers who decide to team up in this dungeon? Up to you.
--

July 17, 2017 at 4:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mits

For real! Dude... I've been on summer break since June... now school's right around the corner for me... :''(( Yeah... I think I might use different characters and just start fresh since it'll be easier, so I'll send you my skype name.

--

July 18, 2017 at 8:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.