RES University

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Sticky: My Lord of the Rings Fan fiction.

Knighteh and Frodo
Administrator

It was a strange thing waking up under a tree in Hobbiton. Well... Maybe I should start from the beginning. I'm Asphodel. I'm three feet tall. I have wavy dirty blond-brown hair down a little past my shoulders. You ask: Why are you three feet tall? My answer: I'm a Hobbit.

First thing is: Somehow I got put in your world, by accident. I only grew to three feet tall and when I turned 16 my 'Aunt' Natalie decided I wouldn't grow any more, with my being a hobbit and all, she was right. I'm about 20 now. But one morning when I was 17 I woke up in Hobbiton. That's in The Shire, by the way.

I woke up one autumn morning and found myself under a tree who's leaves had turned a gorgeous orange. it was a lazy day, not like the boring kind, but the pleasant type. The sun shone down at a wonderful angle, and it was the perfect temperature. Just warm enough you couldn't even feel it. There was a light breeze, tugging at my hair.

My senses sharpened and I jerked, not knowing where I was. I was on a small hill, just high enough to have a view over Hobbiton, but short enough to make it a pleasent way down. The view was nice enough, but what sharpened my senses were the two boys standing next to me. I would soon know them as Merry and Pippin.

One of them muttered to the other, ''I don't recognize her. Is she from around here?''

''I don't think so, Pip,'' said the other.

I stared up at them, ''Who are you, what am I doing here?'' I asked, looking panicked, as if I couldn't breathe. In fact I almost forgot to as I absorbed what was happening.

''Haven't a clue,'' said one.

'But have you got any carrots?'' Said the one that I thought was Pippin.

''No, why would I?'' I asked, calming down a bit. Suddenly the thought came over me that I was dreaming. I calmed down. Being calm enough to observe things more carefully, I noticed they were about my height.

''Shame...'' Pippin said.

''So who are you?'' Asked the one I didn't know the name of.

''I'm Asphodel. Who are you?'' I asked, grabbing a rock, and slowly getting up.

''Merry,'' said the nameless one.

''Pippin,'' said Pippin.

''Lovely name you got there,'' Pippin said.

''So. Where am I?'' I asked.

''The Shire,'' Pippin said.

''Where?'' I asked.

''She really isn't from around here,'' Merry muttered.

~End of Part 1~

August 25, 2013 at 8:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Knighteh and Frodo
Administrator

I glanced up at Merry. ''No I'm not,'' I sighed. ''I have no idea where I am,'' I sighed, coming to the realization that I wasn't dreaming. Not much of a realization. I just didn't want to admit it. What I wanted to do instead was cry.

I wasn't used to looking at someone the same height as me. It felt strange. So did being dumped onto a different planet, but whatever.

Pippin looked me in the eye, ''Are you Okay?'' he asked.

Merry nodded, ''You look quite foggy,'' he said.

I sighed and sat on one of the huge tree roots. ''How would you feel if you got dropped far away from home?'' I asked, choking up. I tried not to cry but I buried my head in my knees.

Now that I think back on it, the boys were clueless about how to react to this. I could sense they were relieved when someone else came up the hill.

I didn't bother looking up, I just kept crying quietly. I quivered, unable to comprehend my situation.

The person started by saying ''Merry, Pipp–'' Then hey apparently noticed me. ''Um, is she.... Okay?'' he asked.

''We honestly don't know,'' Merry said.

''Who is she?'' He asked.

''Says she's called Asphodel,'' said Pippin. ''Not from around here,'' he finished.

''I see?'' he asked then he tapped me.

~End if Part 2 for now~

August 25, 2013 at 8:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Floffle
Administrator

I love it.

XD The fact that Pippin asks if she's got any carrots makes it better.

--

August 26, 2013 at 10:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Italy!
Administrator

Awesome! :D

--

PASTAAAAAA~~~~

"No, Italy. -Rainboweh"

D:

August 26, 2013 at 6:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Knighteh and Frodo
Administrator
Italy likes my fanfic!!! :D
August 26, 2013 at 8:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Knighteh and Frodo
Administrator

Dude, this story is about MEH. I wish I was three feet tall and my name was Asphodel, but it is me.

August 27, 2013 at 5:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Violet

Don't we all. .-. Though, I would actually prefer my name to be Holly Short.

--

August 27, 2013 at 5:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Knighteh and Frodo
Administrator

I didn't look up as I didn't want anyone to see me like this. I knew it was too late but further humiliation was best avoided.

''Miss?'' Pippin tapped me.

''Frodo, what do we do?' Merry asked.

''Why are you asking me?''  Frodo asked.

''Well, who could know what to do?'' asked Pippin.

''Fine,'' Frodo sighed.

I could tell he was half smiling, like their cluelessness humored him. I was to upset to be humored by anything. I quivered. I had been upset enough not to notice my clothes. I wore a beautiful white long sleeved top and an elegantly stitched dark green vest. I wore a skirt down to my ankles. The color of a meadow in spring.

After a long second he sat down next to me and put his arm around me. ''Are you okay?'' he asked.

I kept crying, rather loudly as he quietly tried to comfort me. Finally I looked up my face strewn with tears.

Merry seemed a bit shorter than Pippin. He had golden-red hair and brown-caramel eyes. His eyebrows made his eyes look different than they would have. Of course, I hadn't seen the eyebrow king, yet. I mean Elrond by the way.

Pippin had brown-red hair, and bigger eyes that were darker. His eyes are what made him look special, big and brown. He looked less serious than Merry did, but Merry wasn't particularly serious at all.

Frodo looked much different than Merry or Pippin. He had dark hair, black with little bits of brown and he had beautiful blue eyes. His skin was pale and he was a bit taller, and possibly a bit skinnier. He looked at me with some concern. ''Who are you?'' he asked.

''Asphodel Burrows,'' I said, once I stopped crying.

''Where are you from?'' He asked.

''Does New York make any sense?'' I asked, I felt like a mouse.

''Not any,'' Frodo said.

''It shouldn't...'' I said.

End of Part Three

August 27, 2013 at 6:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Floffle
Administrator

VIOLET.

VIOLET VIOLET VIOLET.

YOU LIKE ARTEMIS FOWL.

*screams and tackles you*

:D I like it, Knighteh.

--

August 27, 2013 at 7:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Violet

Yes. Got a problem with that? *Casually aims a Neutrino 2000*

Knighteh... I wish that

1. There was a KMP button

2. YOU WOULD UPDATE MORE OFTEN D:<

--

August 27, 2013 at 8:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Knighteh and Frodo
Administrator

Kmp?

--

^ Me dancing. Fail

FRODO IS MINE

I don't really like intrductions. They just make goodbyes harder.

"You are wearing homemade loafers, a silk shirt, and three gold signet rings. Your English has a tinge of Oxford about it, your nails have the soft sheen of the recently manicured. You are not a waiter. You are our contact, Nguyen Xuan, and you have adopted this pathetic disguise to discretely check for weaponry"
August 27, 2013 at 8:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Floffle
Administrator

IT'S SO AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME!

BEST FLIPPING BOOK SERIES EVER.

--

August 27, 2013 at 9:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Violet

"Keep Me Posted". You know, those things to tell when a stories updated?

I KNOWWWWW!

--

August 28, 2013 at 12:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Knighteh and Frodo
Administrator

I sighed. ''Suppose I should get to know the place in case I never go back home.'' 

''Okay!'' Pippin immediately brightened up, but Merry and Frodo still seemed a bit more understanding.

Somehow I didn't think that tapping my heels and saying 'There's no place like home' would help.

The three led me town into the little place that soon would be home. There, near the small gardening stand we ran into a young, plump fellow apparently called Samwise, or Sam for short.

''Who's she?'' He asked. ''Has Pippin finally managed to fall in love with something that's not food?'' 

I glared, and my arm twitched. I knew he didn't mean anything by it but the urge to punch him square in the jaw was tempting.

Frodo probably saw my arm start to move instinctively, but something made him decide it needed restraining, so he grabbed it before I could hit Sam.

''No, she's new around here. She doesn't know how she got here,'' Merry put in.

''Erm... Eh...'' Pippin seemed a bit lost in thought after the thought of us together struck him.

I kicked his shin and he snapped back into it.

''Ouch!'' He exclaimed. ''What was that for?''

''For thinking what I know what you were thinking.''

Sam finally broke in. ''So who is she?''

''Asphodel Burrows,'' Merry said.

Then I realized Frodo had made the most intelligible comment of the conversation. Silence. Poor chap looked clueless.

I elbowed him softly and he slightly jumped.

September 20, 2013 at 10:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

andrea (or eva)

Heh.

I LOVE LORD OF THE RIIINGS!!

*jumps into alternate version of the story and tackles Asphodel, taking her place, even if its not the original story*

HAHA!!!

--

andrea (they/them)

November 9, 2013 at 7:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Knighteh and Frodo
Administrator

XD:

ME (Asphodel): HEY WE COUD BOTH BE IN IT!

--

^ Me dancing. Fail

FRODO IS MINE

"You are wearing homemade loafers, a silk shirt, and three gold signet rings. Your English has a tinge of Oxford about it, your nails have the soft sheen of the recently manicured. You are not a waiter. You are our contact, Nguyen Xuan, and you have adopted this pathetic disguise to discretely check for weaponry"
November 12, 2013 at 10:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

andrea (or eva)

HAHAHAHAHA (Maniacally laughing)

Yesh, dat is a possibility. :D 

If I were a hobbit. I would call myself Galleon orrrr.... Rowan. I'm SOOO bad with names. xP xD

--

andrea (they/them)

December 4, 2013 at 8:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Knighteh and Frodo
Administrator

"You look hungry," Frodo said finally after a moment of silence for no apparent reason.

"I suppose I am..." I said.

"I'll take you to Rowan," Frodo said. "She's a good friend of ours, but she's older than us by a long way," he said.

"How old is that?" I asked. "How old are you?"

"I'm turning 33 this week," Frodo said. "My uncle Bilbo is turning eleventy one!"

"One hundred eleven?!?!" you exclaimed. "Does everyone around here live so long?" you asked.

"No," Pippin said. "We usually live about 15 years less, but Bilbo is strange. He went on an adventure, fought dragons and came back rich. He didn't leave Bag End though because–" Pippin was cut off by Frodo.

"The Sacksville-Baggins," Frodo finished with a grin. "Mrs. Sacksville has been trying to get Bag End for as long as I can remember!"

"Aye," Sam put in, "Frodo was just a wee lad when his uncle took him in, not that I was any older. But they've been trying for Bag End for as long as Frodo's been around!"

"Forget the dragon. Those Sacksville-Baggins sound like menacing. dangerous creatures," you said.

You all burst into laughter.

"Let's go to Rowan," Frodo said.

~Part 5~

March 12, 2014 at 11:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

andrea (or eva)

Oh yay!

WAIT. How old am I?

Exactly... * suspicious face *

OOHHH LALA...

Like it. A lot! :D Wooo!

--

andrea (they/them)

March 19, 2014 at 7:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Knighteh and Frodo
Administrator

You're 44

--

^ Me dancing. Fail

FRODO IS MINE

March 19, 2014 at 7:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.